The NBA Draft Thread

Huh? You know that's next season right? They might have the worst record in the league yet again. I don't see steph curry or any premier free agent signing with them. They have no second round picks and may only have their own 1st rounder this upcoming draft. I don't see how they could be in the playoffs that soon.
Yes, I am aware. All I am saying is that I could see them snagging a 7 or 8 seed. Who cares if they don't have second round picks??? They get to swap picks with Sacramento and they get your Lakers pick if it doesn't fall within the top 3. They could conceivably come away from the 2017 draft with 2 of Fultz/Smith/Jackson/Tatum. And they would have enough cap space to likely give 2 max contracts if they wanted.

I think the turnaround could potentially happen a lot quicker than you think...

Last edited:
Two max contracts to sign who tho? Steph Curry and Derrick rose? Blake and ibaka when they already have Simmons and saric? It sounds good in theory but reality is big time or even medium time free agents rarely sign with bottom 3 teams. Them not having 2nd rounders gives them less to work with in a trade. And they have a swap with Sacramento. It's good insurance but that's all it is. It would be hilarious if they swap picks and the Kings end up drafting the better player. Even if they do end up with the Lakers pick, two rookies are not gonna propel them to the playoffs. I just don't see it happening outside of a miracle trade involving oak/Noel which looks bleak.

Last edited:
Yes, I am aware. All I am saying is that I could see them snagging a 7 or 8 seed. Who cares if they don't have second round picks??? They get to swap picks with Sacramento and they get your Lakers pick if it doesn't fall within the top 3. They could conceivably come away from the 2017 draft with 2 of Fultz/Smith/Jackson/Tatum. And they would have enough cap space to likely give 2 max contracts if they wanted.

I think the turnaround could potentially happen a lot quicker than you think...

You are correct sir :pimp:

The point is that I don't think they need to sign an all-star type player like Blake just to grab a playoff spot. They could however sign multiple guys with that cap space that will simply make their team better. Plus they are going to be able to get some sort of pieces for Noel/Okafor.

With the cap going up again it's gonna be the same story as this summer where every team has space. They're more likely to end up with bayless and Henderson types than guys that will lead them to the postseason coming off another bottom 3 year. And all indications point to them not getting much return for oak and Noel but I guess anything is possible.

The point is Hinkie put this team in position to be potentially great in the future..which is all any fanbase wants..You can't deny having Simmons,Embiid,Oak,Noel, and even Saric on the roster gives our fans a way better outlook on the future of the team than just making the playoffs every year as an 8th seed.

With the cap going up again it's gonna be the same story as this summer where every team has space. They're more likely to end up with bayless and Henderson types than guys that will lead them to the postseason coming off another bottom 3 year. And all indications point to them not getting much return for oak and Noel but I guess anything is possible.
I actually think they may just keep Okafor because of how good his contract is and Embiid's health. Noel is definitely good as gone though. You just sound like you are hating hard on them, tbh.

I actually think they may just keep Okafor because of how good his contract is and Embiid's health. Noel is definitely good as gone though. You just sound like you are hating hard on them, tbh.

Any time the Sixers come up this dude's blood pressure just jumps through the roof :lol:

The point is Hinkie put this team in position to be potentially great in the future..which is all any fanbase wants..You can't deny having Simmons,Embiid,Oak,Noel, and even Saric on the roster gives our fans a way better outlook on the future of the team than just making the playoffs every year as an 8th seed.

Again I can see them ending up in the same position as before the process. You just listed 5 guys that play 2 positions.

I'm really not. I'm just looking at their unbalanced roster and wondering how they are gonna fix this mess. It's why I brought up the wolves earlier. A team like that is unquestionably in a solid position, just a matter of their core living up to potential. the Sixers 'core' doesn't even have the opportunity to grow. The front office still has work to do and it could easily go bad

Last edited:
Anything possible and by no means I'm saying this is a sure thing..You can't even say what the wolves have is..but for this Sixers thing to go completely south Embiid would have to never see the court and Simmons would have to essentially become a bust..then not to mention oak and Noel also not living up to their potential..Plus were likely to be in the running for another top 5 pick this year which would make that pick a bust...Lol..And did I mention the possibility with the lakers and Kings picks..

i think the thing is, with the current roster, it's going to be VERY difficult to put each of those 5 pieces in the best possible position to succeed. how can they live up to their potential when it's going to be hard for them to get PT? these guys aren't complimentary pieces AT ALL.

Last edited:
Rookie survey

Who will be the 2016-17 Kia Rookie of the Year?

1. Kris Dunn, Minnesota -- 29.0%
2. Brandon Ingram, L.A. Lakers -- 25.8%
3. Ben Simmons, Philadelphia -- 19.4%

Others receiving votes: DeAndre Bembry, Atlanta; Joel Embiid, Philadelphia; Damian Jones, Golden State; Skal Labissiere, Sacramento; Taurean Prince, Atlanta; Malachi Richardson, Sacramento; Dario Saric, Philadelphia; Pascal Siakam, Toronto
Which rookie will have the best career?

1. Brandon Ingram, L.A. Lakers -- 26.7%
2. Kris Dunn, Minnesota -- 16.7%
3. Buddy Hield, New Orleans -- 13.3%
T-4. Dragan Bender, Phoenix -- 6.7%
Jaylen Brown, Boston -- 6.7%
Jamal Murray, Denver -- 6.7%
Ben Simmons, Philadelphia -- 6.7%

Others receiving votes: Dejounte Murray, San Antonio; Dario Saric, Philadelphia; Pascal Siakam, Toronto; Tyler Ulis, Phoenix; Denzel Valentine, Chicago
Which rookie was the biggest steal at where he was selected in the Draft?

1. Dejounte Murray (29), San Antonio -- 16.1%
2. Tyler Ulis (34), Phoenix -- 12.9%
T-3. Malcolm Brogdon (36), Milwaukee -- 6.5%
Jaylen Brown (3), Boston -- 6.5%
Kay Felder (54), Cleveland -- 6.5%
Skal Labissiere (28), Sacramento -- 6.5%
Thon Maker (10), Milwaukee -- 6.5%
Isaiah Whitehead (42), Brooklyn -- 6.5%

Others receiving votes: DeAndre Bembry (21), Atlanta; Marquese Chriss (8), Phoenix; Cheick Diallo (33), New Orleans; Kris Dunn (5), Minnesota; Brice Johnson (25), L.A. Clippers; Damian Jones (30), Golden State; Jake Layman (47), Portland; Timothe Luwawu (24), Philadelphia; Ben Simmons (1), Philadelphia; Stephen Zimmerman (41), Orlando
Which rookie is the most athletic?

1. Jaylen Brown, Boston -- 38.7%
2. Brice Johnson, L.A. Clippers -- 16.1%
3. Marquese Chriss, Phoenix -- 9.7%
T-4. Malik Beasley, Denver -- 6.5%
Kay Felder, Cleveland -- 6.5%
Gary Payton II, Houston -- 6.5%

Others receiving votes: Wade Baldwin, Memphis; Cheick Diallo, New Orleans; Jake Layman, Portland; Ben Simmons, Philadelphia; Tyler Ulis, Phoenix
Which rookie is the best shooter?

1. Buddy Hield, New Orleans -- 65.7%
2. Jamal Murray, Denver -- 20.0%

Others receiving votes: Kris Dunn, Minnesota; Brandon Ingram, L.A. Lakers; Brice Johnson, L.A. Clippers; Timothe Luwawu, Philadelphia; Malachi Richardson, Sacramento
Which rookie is the best defender?

1. Kris Dunn, Minnesota -- 23.5%
2. Gary Payton II, Houston -- 20.6%
3. Malcolm Brogdon, Milwaukee -- 17.6%
4. Tyler Ulis, Phoenix -- 8.8%
T-5. Jaylen Brown, Boston -- 5.9%
Kay Felder, Cleveland -- 5.9%

Others receiving votes: Cheick Diallo, New Orleans; Brandon Ingram, L.A. Lakers; Demetrius Jackson, Boston; Brice Johnson, L.A. Clippers; Jakob Poeltl, Toronto; Taurean Prince, Atlanta
Which rookie is the best playmaker?

1. Kris Dunn, Minnesota -- 29.4%
2. Ben Simmons, Philadelphia -- 26.5%
3. Tyler Ulis, Phoenix -- 20.6%
4. Denzel Valentine, Chicago -- 8.8%
5. Kay Felder, Cleveland -- 5.9%

Others receiving votes: Thon Maker, Milwaukee; Dejounte Murray, San Antonio; Dario Saric, Philadelphia; Brandon Ingram, L.A. Lakers
Which rookie is the funniest?

1. Kris Dunn, Minnesota -- 15.2%
T-2. Diamond Stone, L.A. Clippers -- 12.1%
Denzel Valentine, Chicago -- 12.1%
T-4. Brice Johnson, L.A. Clippers -- 6.1%
Taurean Prince, Atlanta -- 6.1%
Ivica Zubac, L.A. Lakers -- 6.1%

Others receiving votes: Malik Beasley, Denver; Jaylen Brown, Boston; Cheick Diallo, New Orleans; Henry Ellenson, Detroit; Kay Felder, Cleveland; Buddy Hield, New Orleans; Brandon Ingram, L.A. Lakers; Damian Jones, Golden State; Timothe Luwawu, Philadelphia; Thon Maker, Milwaukee; Chinanu Onuaku, Houston; Ben Simmons, Philadelphia; Tyler Ulis, Phoenix; Stephen Zimmerman, Orlando
What will be the biggest adjustment for you, playing in the NBA?

1. Speed or pace of the game -- 40.9%
2. Physicality (size and strength of opponents) -- 21.2%
3. Lifestyle & time management -- 18.2%
4. Length of season -- 6.1%

Also receiving votes: 3-point distance, Defense, Playing time, Mental focus, Travel
Who is your favorite player in the league?

1. Kevin Durant, Golden State -- 29.7%
T-2. Carmelo Anthony, New York -- 9.4%
LeBron James, Cleveland -- 9.4%
Russell Westbrook, Oklahoma City -- 9.4%
T-5. LaMarcus Aldridge, San Antonio -- 6.3%
Kobe Bryant (retired) -- 6.3%
Paul George, Indiana -- 6.3%
Chris Paul, L.A. Clippers -- 6.3%
T-9. Kevin Garnett, Minnesota -- 4.7%

Others receiving votes: Vince Carter, Memphis; Stephen Curry, Golden State; Marc Gasol, Memphis; Kyrie Irving, Cleveland
http://www.nba.com/news/features/john_schuhmann/2016-17-nba-rookie-survey/index.html

No way in hell Cavs was gettin Love without including Wiggins
laugh.gif
like i said they aint have to give up wiggins just wouldve had to wait till season started
No way in hell Cavs was gettin Love without including Wiggins
laugh.gif
man kevin durant is the top player?

:lol: at KD being the top vote getter for favorite player

Surprised to see VC and KG up there considering most of these guys were 8-12 years old when these guys were in their primes.

Also, surprised to see Marc, LMA and no Steph as one of the top vote getters.

Last edited:
Surprised to see VC and KG up there considering most of these guys were 8-12 years old when these guys were in their primes.
That's exactly why they would be getting votes. Late elementary school and early middle school is when I really started caring about basketball...

Back
Top Bottom