The NBA Draft Thread

Yea Murray is less valuable right now as a pg than off the ball ...Nuggets would literally be making 2 positions worse by replacing Murray for mudiay instead of starting them both

I like the combo of Murray and Gary Harris better. Great shooters and both can defend their position real well and don't make many bad decisions.

Yea Murray is less valuable right now as a pg than off the ball ...Nuggets would literally be making 2 positions worse by replacing Murray for mudiay instead of starting them both

I like the combo of Murray and Gary Harris better. Great shooters and both can defend their position real well and don't make many bad decisions.
Problem is neither currently has any idea about running an offense or distributing the ball ...you would need a forward who can run the offense for that combo to work , kinda like what the Bucks trying do with Giannis n they still ain't figure that out yet

Ingram is going to be a good player down the line, but I don't see him being much more than a spot up shooter as a rook....

Ingram is going to be a good player down the line, but I don't see him being much more than a spot up shooter as a rook....
He's pretty skilled in the mid-high post, but he gets pushed like 10 feet from his desired position. :lol:

But yeah, he's below the strength baseline that it's difficult seeing him doing anything more than playing off others until he gets stronger.

Really good breakdown on Embiid's game. The one thing that does worry me is his landings. It feels like he absorbs a lot of impact when he lands which will eventually lead to injury for a 7 footer with foot problems. It's something that can easily be fixed.

It's not surprising but Embiid doesn't have the bounce he used to. Hopefully it comes back with conditioning and strength training. Sometimes it takes a year or so to get back to 100% unless you're Westbrook.

It's not surprising but Embiid doesn't have the bounce he used to. Hopefully it comes back with conditioning and strength training. Sometimes it takes a year or so to get back to 100% unless you're Westbrook.
I would also imagine it's a bit more difficult to gain back due to his size? I'd assume it would be a bit easier for a guard with less weight to gain that back quicker.

I would also imagine it's a bit more difficult to gain back due to his size? I'd assume it would be a bit easier for a guard with less weight to gain that back quicker.

Yeah he's huge, he's put on a lot of weight since college and he hasn't played in 2 years. Lots of different factors that might effect his recovery. Doesn't help that he wasn't an ELITE athlete before like a Whiteside/DeAndre.

Yeah he's huge, he's put on a lot of weight since college and he hasn't played in 2 years. Lots of different factors that might effect his recovery. Doesn't help that he wasn't an ELITE athlete before like a Whiteside/DeAndre.
For sure. That was never really his thing though and he wasn't that type of player. People were enamored with him in college due to his polished offensive game and how fluidly he moved around.

^^^

I would say he was as elite as either of them, not power wise but he was faster/more agile then both.

He's enormous now though and it's obvious he's still growing into his body.

With smart training and more games, he'll be fine.

Rondo was agile with quick feet and good bounce before the knees went, he still caught a body or two last season. I watched a ton of mud last season and never really saw him take his man off the dribble. He relies almost exclusively on screens and tricks off a lot of layups partly because he doesn't have bounce like that
laugh.gif

Are we thinking/talking the same Emmanuel Mudiay? I swear it sounds like you're describing Andre Miller.

Last edited:
Did I say something wrong tho :lol:. If you enjoy cruel torture watch nuggets games for a month or so and see for yourself

^^^

I would say he was as elite as either of them, not power wise but he was faster/more agile then both.

He's enormous now though and it's obvious he's still growing into his body.

With smart training and more games, he'll be fine.

Yeah...smart training is what I am worried about. This is the same camp that allowed Simmons to gain 35 pounds on muscle in a couple of months...I do hope they get their act together.

The story is Simmons was 220 and got up to his current 250.

But yeah, he was definitely closer to 240 than he was 220 at LSU.

Yeah, was listening to a pod a few days ago and they were talking about how Simmons was definitely playing over his listed weight all season at LSU. Dude isn't 270 though.

He's pretty skilled in the mid-high post, but he gets pushed like 10 feet from his desired position. :lol:

But yeah, he's below the strength baseline that it's difficult seeing him doing anything more than playing off others until he gets stronger.

perfect situation for him honestly. He'd embarrass himself if this was a KD situation where he came in & was asked to be the star perimeter player. 2 maybe 3 off-seasons and I expect him to take off.
Yea it'll probably come back with conditioning, I just hope this isn't an Oden situation where he gained so much weight from his last college game to the NBA that he kept getting knicked and was just unable to stay on the court for an extended period of time.

Embiid already has to adjust to the speed of the game, now he has to adjust to playing at that weight also. That's a lot of adjusting. I'm hoping everything goes well.

need the knicks to finesse their way to de'aaron fox somehow 

Last edited:
Embiid was killing the Wizards front line last night...11 points and 12 boards in 13 minutes...

I don't get why defenders are buying Brown's 3pt pump fakes. He uses them well to drive to the lane once he gets the defender off his feet. The thing is it's already becoming predictable and until he develops a respectable shot, it will not be effective come regular season.

At least that's what I think.

I don't get why defenders are buying Brown's 3pt pump fakes. He uses them well to drive to the lane once he gets the defender off his feet. The thing is it's already becoming predictable and until he develops a respectable shot, it will not be effective come regular season.

At least that's what I think.
Wade was doing that from day 1 when he couldn't shoot at all.

The game is moving so fast that a lot of guys just react without thinking. They succumb to their instincts.

I really think Marquese Chriss is going to end up being the best player out of this class. Freak athlete, good 3 point stroke, blocks shots and can put the ball on the floor.

Back
Top Bottom