The NBA Draft Thread

He should be a surefire top 5 pick though if that's the case. Can't seem to find many mocks where he is.

Most have him going to the Kings at 7 or Wolves at 9. Would be great landing spots for him.

:rofl:

Like B Sox B Sox said....."Lakers won't".

DX is very low on Isaac for some reason though. They've been all year. They got him at #9 on the mock :x

And Ingram is only a month older than Isaac. I wonder how he would look if he was in college right now instead of the league

And Ingram is only a month older than Isaac. I wonder how he would look if he was in college right now instead of the league
He'd be a beast just like he was last year. In college he can get by guarding 4s with his length and athleticism. A bit more difficult in the league. Don't see him having any issues guarding 3s though. Just needs to keep getting stronger.

Hard to imagine Issac being a go to scorer.

Don't think he has the attitude, scoring instincts that are tough to teach, leads to him being jumpshot reliant and his jumper isn't a good enough for that imo.

Isaac is a very good talent, but he is projected to be a solid rotational player (kind of like Otto porter) which is a very good bet. But I think teams like Orlando and Sactown will bite on banking on players that can be their go to guys like Tatum and Dennis Smith Jr if they are on the board. I am not saying it's the right choice (no way to know) but that will most likely be their preferences.

I personally like Isaac over Tatum. I haven't been following Smith closely, but he seemed to have dropped in rankings everywhere. To the point where Fox is now a better prospect?

I like Isaac a lot and he is going to be a very good piece for someone, but I agree that I don't think he projects to be a go-to scorer/number one option. The Otto Porter role seems very accurate.

Isaac def doesn't project to be a go to scorer....but at his peak....he's a projects as a guy that can chip in 18 & 8....in good efficiency and great defense.

I see him being a better version of the Otto Porter we see today....except more defensively versatile. Players like that are valuable.

Isaac will get his buckets in the flow of offense and just being talented.

Dudes physical tools and skills could make him deadly

If we're being realistically optimistic.....Dennis Smith can be an All star caliber PG in this league. That's if things go right, and he's put in the right situation.

I think if we're being strictly "realistic".....he's an Eric Bledsoe type of PG for a team.

Isaac def doesn't project to be a go to scorer....but at his peak....he's a projects as a guy that can chip in 18 & 8....in good efficiency and great defense.

I see him being a better version of the Otto Porter we see today....except more defensively versatile. Players like that are valuable.

Isaac will get his buckets in the flow of offense and just being talented.

Dudes physical tools and skills could make him deadly

So basically a better defense, less shooting version of Rashard lewis? Not bad

I love Isaac.

Kid simply plays winning basketball. May not be a go-to-scorer but he is the perfect type of guy to be the third best player on a contender.

I love Isaac.

Kid simply plays winning basketball. May not be a go-to-scorer but he is the perfect type of guy to be the third best player on a contender.

Yeah, I think he is best to stay away from Orlando and Sac. Those teams have no system in place and he will struggle. He needs to be drafted to teams like Philly, Minny, and even PHX where he can fit in with the young core and compliment their existing rosters.

Orlando needs a go to scorer or a PG so I can see them going for Tatum. However, if they do go for a PG, the Kings can very realistically end up with Tatum and Fox/ Smith. That's a very solid return for cousins.

Need the Knicks to stay at 6th & get DSJr or Isaac

The Knicks will draft Ntilikina regardless solely for the fact that he projects to best play the triangle. :lol:

I personally project him to be the bust of the draft.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom