The NBA Draft Thread

this
he didn't even play his senior year
and he was a top 2 hs prospect at one point
He definitely played in Adidas Nations his senior season before enrolling early @ NC State. He certainly wasn't some consensus top 2 prospect prior to his injury. That was a top heavy class. Josh Jackson, Giles, Taytum all were bounding around those 1-2 spots in that class.
I think he was better than his pre-college projection this year. See how Fox's name gets brought up so much? How much does he exactly do better than Smith? I think Smith has displayed more than Jackson and Monk too, as far as leadership and taking over the offense consistently goes. I get NC State sucked, but if Fulz can play on a close to equal successful team, don't see why that would matter.
Ok...but what does NC State being trash have to do w/ his 2015 ACL tear. Are you saying if he didn't tear his ACL...and NC State was still trash that he'd be a top 3 pick?

Fox was also a top 5-10 prospect in HS.

I don't get it...both of them are projected to be high-mid lottery picks as they always have been.

Last edited:
this

he didn't even play his senior year

and he was a top 2 hs prospect at one point

He definitely played in Adidas Nations his senior season before enrolling early @ NC State. He certainly wasn't some consensus top 2 prospect prior to his injury. That was a top heavy class. Josh Jackson, Giles, Taytum all were bounding around those 1-2 spots in that class.

I think he was better than his pre-college projection this year. See how Fox's name gets brought up so much? How much does he exactly do better than Smith? I think Smith has displayed more than Jackson and Monk too, as far as leadership and taking over the offense consistently goes. I get NC State sucked, but if Fulz can play on a close to equal successful team, don't see why that would matter.

Ok...but what does NC State being trash have to do w/ his 2015 ACL tear. Are you saying if he didn't tear his ACL...and NC State was still trash that he'd be a top 3 pick?

Fox was also a top 5-10 prospect in HS.

I don't get it...both of them are projected to be high lottery picks as they always have been.

When did I equate NC State's failures to his injury? I literally addressed that situation on this same page. Believe it or not, if people don't see you play for a year then see you play on a losing team, it affects mainstream perception. Nobody is throwing his name around like Ball/Fulz/Jackon, hell, even Monk.

Last edited:
Adidas nation was the summer right before the start of his freshman season
he missed his entire senior season
and he was a consensus top 3 prospect before he got hurt
Giles Tatum and DSJ were the top 3

Last edited:
When did I equate NC State's failures to his injury? I literally addressed that situation on this same page. Believe it or not, if people don't see you play for a year then see you play on a losing team, it affects mainstream perception. Nobody is throwing his name around like Ball/Fulz/Jackon, hell, even Monk.
what the hell is mainstream perception? Niketalk and the rest of the internet?

We're talking about stock right? As in his standing amongst NBA personnel. How on earth do any of us know how it effected what his "perception" was to them?  These ****** aren't being evaluated and drafted on "mainstream perception" 
So Josh Jackson was never ranked in the top 3 anywhere at that point huh? 

Last edited:
josh jackson got buzz towards the end
I remember man lol
Dennis was definitely ranked as the best pg too
above fultz fox and ball

what the hell is mainstream perception? Niketalk and the rest of the internet?

We're talking about stock right? As in his standing amongst NBA personnel. How on earth do any of us know how it effected what his "perception" was to them?  

So Josh Jackson was never ranked in the top 3 anywhere at that point huh? 

How do we know if a torn ACL affected his draft stock to actual pro personnel? Is that what you've been asking this whole time? :rofl:

Look at Harry Giles

Last edited:
How do we know if a torn ACL affected his draft stock to actual pro personnel? Is that what you've been asking this whole time?
roll.gif

Look at Harry Giles
  Believe it or not, if people don't see you play for a year then see you play on a losing team, it affects mainstream perception
So if you believe the ACL tear did affect his stock to pro personnel...what was the point of bringing up NC State's lack of success? That's why I asked you if you believe it would be different had they won a championship...and you're trying to act like YOU didn't equate the two factors to begin with.

Bottom line...he was a top 5-10 prospect in HS...he's about to be a top 5-10 pick. Show me evidence of his stock dropping. 

This isn't Harry Giles. Smith came back looking just as explosive as he always had. 

Last edited:
How do we know if a torn ACL affected his draft stock to actual pro personnel? Is that what you've been asking this whole time? :rofl:

Look at Harry Giles

Believe it or not, if people don't see you play for a year then see you play on a losing team, it affects mainstream perception

So if you believe the ACL tear did affect his stock to pro personnel...what was the point of bringing up NC State's lack of success? That's why I asked you if you believe it would be different had they won a championship...and you're trying to act like YOU didn't equate the two factors to begin with.

Bottom line...he was a top 5-10 prospect in HS...he's about to be a top 5-10 pick. Show me evidence of his stock dropping. 

This isn't Harry Giles. Smith came back looking just as explosive as he always had. 

I said their lack of success is a non factor and brought up Fulz as an example to show that the injury mattered because nobody says he is a 1-3 pick right now. I also said their coaching was a big contribution to their lack of success. A college championship a quite an extreme from not making the tournament :lol: Stop making the 5 pick equivalent to the 10 pick too :lol: 3-5 is a lot different from 5-10. Anyways, drop the debate, you're set on what you think and I'm going to bed :lol: Your perception is just different from mine and it's getting redundant.

Last edited:
Sixers might be in a really good situation. Trading down while acquiring assets/good rotation players and still getting their guy (Monk) is a win win for them.

Can't see anybody after the top two that anybody will trade valuable assets for. I wish this were he case and honestly, knowing how dumb some GM's are, we just might find a trading partner lol

No they said he is playing PG next year
as if anyone wouldn't take him over anyone in this draft

Not my point. It's just weird usage of "transition" since he hasn't played yet. I'd expect he starts in the role you described from day 1.

Not my point. It's just weird usage of "transition" since he hasn't played yet. I'd expect he starts in the role you described from day 1.

well they said he will play PG this year but I don't see that as his role down the line

that was my point

well they said he will play PG this year but I don't see that as his role down the line

that was my point
I see.  Do you still think he'll play PG with this many available in the draft?  Have to think there's a good chance they draft a PG and he just starts as a wing.

I agree can't see him as PG longterm.  Remember they even tried LeBron at PG at first.

that was my point
I see.  Do you still think he'll play PG with this many available in the draft?  Have to think there's a good chance they draft a PG and he just starts as a wing.

I agree can't see him as PG longterm.  Remember they even tried LeBron at PG at first.

I mean Bron is listed as a SF but he's basically been the PG of his teams for years now. Same with Greek Freak right now. I can see Simmons being used in that same role.

Giles woulda been in the top 3 mix if he was fully healthy...problem is he hasnt been healthy since the end of his soph year in high school and was just rounding back to game form at the end of his time at Duke :smh: ...I hope he can avoid the injury bug and be able to stay on an NBA roster at this point

If I was a GM my board would be

Fultz

Jakson
Isaacs
Ball
Smith
Tatum
Monk
Fox
Lauri
Kennard

Last edited:
Giles woulda been in the top 3 mix if he was fully healthy...problem is he hasnt been healthy since the end of his soph year in high school and was just rounding back to game form at the end of his time at Duke
mean.gif
...I hope he can avoid the injury bug and be able to stay on an NBA roster at this point

Fultz

Jakson
Isaacs
Ball
Smith
Tatum
Monk
Fox
Lauri
Kennard
Fultz that good to you huh?

Giles woulda been in the top 3 mix if he was fully healthy...problem is he hasnt been healthy since the end of his soph year in high school and was just rounding back to game form at the end of his time at Duke :smh: ...I hope he can avoid the injury bug and be able to stay on an NBA roster at this point

Fultz

Jakson

Isaacs

Ball

Smith

Tatum

Monk

Fox

Lauri

Kennard
Fultz that good to you huh?
He just clearly better than the rest of em at this point

Did he? He came back from that and was still elite as a senior in HS. Who's radar did he drop off? He went into NC State rated as a top 6-10 prospect and is walking out as a top 10 pick. 

Right. Idk what dudes are even talking about at this point :lol:.

I mean Bron is listed as a SF but he's basically been the PG of his teams for years now. Same with Greek Freak right now. I can see Simmons being used in that same role.

I haven't seen anything out of Simmons that makes me think he'll be good full time on the wing. Ben has a ton of red flags.

Back
Top Bottom