The NBA Draft Thread

There's nothing versatile about Lauri's game :lol:. And the guys on the second list are elite shooters. But whatevs

I mean "versatile shooter".

as in he's an elite shooter in multiple scenarios, spot up, off screens, contested, ect

I don't understand what quality of prospect you guys are expecting in 7-9.

The average PER of a 8th pick is like 14 which is like a fringe starter

If Lauri Markken ends up being Channing Frye that's a average to above average for the 8th pick.

Going back to Kaminsky, I completely forgot he played 4 years in college. Lauri at the same age I don't even think there's a comparison there, or at least it's a difficult comp at best given that fact

also kaminsky is not a versatile shooter.

big difference between guys who can only spot up or pick and pop vs guys who can do that AND hit sprinting hard off screens, contested looks ect

Last edited:
If you're in the 8-12 range in the draft and draft a starter/top nine rotation player, you've done well all things considered.

Olynyk probably helped Lauri's case, all while Lauri appears to be a better shooter and more coordinated than that klutz.

What about Olynyk? Pretty versatile as a big man shooter to me.

olynyk is not an elite shooter, he's just solid.

his release is also low, and not that quick.

he's not on the same level.

Olynyk and Lauri are pretty different players. Olynyk is effective because he's a jack of all trades master of none, nit because he has one elite skill.

Last edited:
just seen a mock where they had mitchell from L'ville going 10...when the hell did he shoot up that fast?

no way in hell he goes before Frank. 

Where's og going. I've seen dude from 2nd round in one mock to lottery in another lol

Mitchell is also one that I see all over the place

Olynyk at 48% fg and 37% from 3. On limited shot attempts but thats pretty good as a shooter. If Lauri posts same numbers on more attempts thats a great pick in that 10-14 range.

They're saying Mitchell at 8 to the Knicks now. I hope we're not that high on him.

Last edited:
I don't understand why it's so difficult for some to project Lauri as a good rotational player, which is what you want if you're picking in the 8-12 range. Olynyk's name has been brought up, but Lauri is a much more fluid athlete. If he can hit around 40% of his 3s and then make smaller defenders pay on the pick and roll, that is an extremely useful player to have.

Olynyk another one who spent 3 years in college and wasn't anywhere near the shooter that Lauri was at the same age

Not saying this guarantees anything for lauri but just wanted to point that out

If anything this does bode well for lauri like you were saying . They don't play that similar imo but lauri could definitely be better than an olynyk who seems to have found a niche

They're saying Mitchell at 8 to the Knicks now. I hope we're not that high on him.

That's not too bad of a pick... If he maxes out athletically, and takes advantage of his frame and ridiculous wingspan, he won't be a bad pick.

*Assuming, DSJ, & Monk are off the board, he's not too much of a reach

Last edited:
I don't understand why it's so difficult for some to project Lauri as a good rotational player, which is what you want if you're picking in the 8-12 range. Olynyk's name has been brought up, but Lauri is a much more fluid athlete. If he can hit around 40% of his 3s and then make smaller defenders pay on the pick and roll, that is an extremely useful player to have.
It's more so that some folks expect too much from him from the jump and therefore already deem him a likely bust

Last edited:
I mean, are people expecting the kid to be Dirk?? :lol:
That's what I get the feeling

But as we have stated, you shouldn't expect a guy outside the top 5 to be some sort of number 1 option franchise player . Hell even top 5 doesn't mean anything necessarily depending on the clsss

Lauri has all the skills to become a viable starter

Last edited:
That's what I get the feeling

But as we have stated, you shouldn't expect a guy outside the top 5 to be some sort of number 1 option franchise player . Hell even top 5 doesn't mean anything necessarily depending on the clsss

Lauri has all the skills to become a viable starter
If he goes to Dallas, like DX has in their mock, he would pair very nicely with Noel in the frontcourt.

If he goes to Dallas, like DX has in their mock, he would pair very nicely with Noel in the frontcourt.
I'm all for lauri learning from dirk man. Also dirk struggled early so he can help Lauri with the mental aspect if there's struggles

Noel is cool pairing I'm sure Cuban has him in his long term plans being that he's a rfa

I also want Lauri in Minnesota space out for Wiggins and them Boys

People say the Knicks would suffer with Lauri but hell I would be in for that **** storm lol

I'm all for lauri learning from dirk man. Also dirk struggled early so he can help Lauri with the mental aspect if there's struggles

Noel is cool pairing I'm sure Cuban has him in his long term plans being that he's a rfa

I also want Lauri in Minnesota space out for Wiggins and them Boys

People say the Knicks would suffer with Lauri but hell I would be in for that **** storm lol

I pray Minnesota bites in Lauri with their pick. Need Issac to keep falling :lol:

Back
Top Bottom