The NBA Draft Thread

It seems like Lauri has been slipping on everyone's board and I get why, I just think it's a big mistake.

Feel like we are looking at Peja 2.0 and in a league that values the three more than ever, that would be a guy I would want on my team.

Also think Zach Collins kind of deserves to be there in that first tier as well. Was the best player on a squad that lost two games all year and just never got the usage to really shine because his coach was stupid. Think he is the guy to target in the late lottery.

Have a feeling the draft is going to go

Philly- Fultz
Lakers- Ball
Celtics- Tatum
Suns- Jackson
Kings- Fox
Magic- Dennis
T.Wolves- Isaac
Knicks- Frank
Mavs- Monk

Last edited:
It seems like Lauri has been slipping on everyone's board and I get why, I just think it's a big mistake.

Feel like we are looking at Peja 2.0 and in a league that values the three more than ever, that would be a guy I would want on my team.

Also think Zach Collins kind of deserves to be there in that first tier as well. Was the best player on a squad that lost two games all year and just never got the usage to really shine because his coach was stupid. Think he is the guy to target in the late lottery.

Have a feeling the draft is going to go

Philly- Fultz
Lakers- Ball
Celtics- Tatum
Suns- Jackson
Kings- Fox
Magic- Dennis
T.Wolves- Isaac
Knicks- Frank
Mavs- Monk

I still can't grasp that the Sixers are #1. wow.

Also, that's a very interesting comparison for Peja. Is Laurie able to play at the SF position?

It's funny how everyone talks about can Fox shoot but ignores the fact that Dennis shot league average from three while surrounded in an offense with literally zero other options while playing in the best conference in America.

His threes weren't clean looks on catch-and-shoots a lot of time, majority of them were off the bounce.

I just think he has a chance in the right place to become a really good shooter. He's the guy I'm hoping falls to the Knicks although I think they are still going to take Frank before him because Triangle :smh:

It's funny how everyone talks about can Fox shoot but ignores the fact that Dennis shot league average from three while surrounded in an offense with literally zero other options while playing in the best conference in America.

His threes weren't clean looks on catch-and-shoots a lot of time, majority of them were off the bounce.

I just think he has a chance in the right place to become a really good shooter. He's the guy I'm hoping falls to the Knicks although I think they are still going to take Frank before him because Triangle
mean.gif
The smallest guy in the lottery who isn't a good passer or defender—I'm not shocked that Knicks fans on here like him.

I still remember the Jarryd Bayless obsession from a few years back.

Ian Begley, one of the only reputable Knicks reporters, said the front office is torn on DSJr or Ntilikina.

Ian Begley, one of the only reputable Knicks reporters, said the front office is torn on DSJr or Ntilikina.
I don't really love either of those guys, but I guess it is a tough draft slot to be in.  I could also see someone taking Smith earlier, though I think he is a scary type to take high in the draft.

DSJ is the 2nd best passer in the lottery. He literally does everything you want your PG to do. Except play defense :lol:

I still can't grasp that the Sixers are #1. wow.

Also, that's a very interesting comparison for Peja. Is Laurie able to play at the SF position?
No. He can't guard 3s. He needs to be the 4 alongside a shotblocking Center.

Mannn DSJr sounded confident when I heard him talking about the Knicks at the drew two weeks ago lol

#Sauces
pimp.gif

DSJ is the 2nd best passer in the lottery. He literally does everything you want your PG to do. Except play defense
laugh.gif
A lot of draft experts seem to feel differently.  Just pulling from Draft Express for example:

"Smith is still figuring out how to effectively blend his scoring and passing ability, as he can be a bit of a ball-stopper at times, dribbling the air out of the ball and settling for long 2-pointers off the dribble before any of his teammates even get a touch. N.C. State's offense didn't look very smooth with him at the helm, as he can be a bit predictable at times with his approach, not always being a willing passer, and killing his dribble unnecessarily too frequently, leading to careless turnovers. While the lack of coaching and poorly-suited roster around him were definitely mitigating factors to consider, there's no doubt that Smith played a major role in his team's inability to win games and overall dysfunction."

Not saying that's correct or not, but you feel he's better than Lonzo as a passer?

Last edited:
Gotta admit, DSJ is one of my favorite players of the draft

in the same way that I really liked Jerryd Bayless, Jonny Flynn, Kris Dunn going into their respective drafts

(so this is probably a bad thing)

Last edited:
All I'm saying is, score-first undersized point guard, yeah he doesn't play defense and he ballhogs sometimes but he's a gritty dude with a chip on his shoulder and wants to prove everyone wrong and btw everyone on NT loves him...

I feel like I've heard it a million times.  It never works out.  Let's be honest and admit that some fans are psychologically inclined to overrate short players.  Especially ones who look to score first.

Back
Top Bottom