The NBA Stats Thread: The 15-year chain reaction that led to the NBA's current offensive explosion

Harden's On-Off Court Stats Per 100 Poss.

Nearly committed as many offensive fouls 51 games in as he did all of last year.

Small forward life too... more than a quarter of the time. Probably a direct effect of adding Ty Lawson to your roster.

View media item 1897536

Last edited:
Currently working as a Data Analyst. Hoping to break into sports analytics for a major sports franchise.
Will keep an eye out for this thread for ideas and inspiration

Something tells me the Lakers will be ramping up their analytics department before the offseason.

Last years strikeouts was an eye opener for them, especially after LMA blatantly stated how weak it was.

Good luck with your future role man. I hope it works out!

Funny

Meet Oakland's Max Hooper, who only shoots 3s - Men's College Basketball Blog- ESPN http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebask...7/meet-oaklands-max-hooper-who-only-shoots-3s
dude's name is MAX HOOPER and all he does is shoot threes... talk about being in an era where the three ball has never been valued more. His parents saw this revolution coming and capitalized on it perfectly 
roll.gif

Short of some insane drop in his shooting.. and by insane I mean him shooting 35%, it's Steph. And I'm one who is always patient when crowning anyone anything

But the volume he's shooting them, the way he's shooting them, and his accuracy, it's unreal. He'll come down and shoot 3 straight 3's and take a small lead, and blow it wide open in 40 seconds.

I'm really curious how long he can keep this pace up. It's only 5 games, but players don't shoot 10 3's a game and make half of them. It just doesn't happen. So I'm enjoying the hell out of this for as long as we can.

Either the attempts will drop or the efficiency will drop. Best shooter of all time, but he isn't shooting 10, 11 three's a game and making half of them over the course of 82.
Yeah, about that. :lol: :tongue:

this thread still better then the other one?

why did the spurs sign basic game and kevin martin?

nice to see D'angelo starting to cook.

Kevin Martin's not shooting threes as frequently this year, but his percentage is stable to according to his career - at least where you'd be interested in him as a late-season add of all the buyout player options you have available to you.

Manu's testicularily frustrated (nah but who knows his availability for the playoffs right now, the Spurs signing him tells you they don't know for sure). Danny Green/Manu is good on face value when healthy, but if Manu can't give anything in the playoffs, the Spurs have Rasual Butler as your backup wing options who can shoot threes. Bonner is going to be 36 in a month and is struggling to even get back from an injury he's currently dealing with. So Kevin Martin's sitting out there, and yeah you cover your vulnerabilities before their vulnerabilities by grabbing him and it might help later if healthier/better options can't go.

Saw this, thought it would be interesting to share. It's not Insider @itsaboutthattime feel free to skip this one

View media item 1943157

that clown needs top stop shooting jump shots. he is going to cost them a playoff game doing that dumb ****
It's what he does. He just needs to start making them.

Maybe the Keri breakup is affecting him. Also, many people think the rumors about him being older are true and he's just declining as a result of being 32 or something. Because honestly. his athleticism is even greatly diminished. He just looks disinterested this whole season, don't know what it is but he needs to snap out of it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom