The New and Improved Jill Scott

Originally Posted by sreggie101

jillyn.jpg

Smash , Wife , eat the box , motorboat 

All of that ..

She can talk sweet nothings in my ear in the morning ...
pimp.gif

jillyn.jpg

Smash , Wife , eat the box , motorboat 

All of that ..

She can talk sweet nothings in my ear in the morning ...
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Nyota de la star

Originally Posted by TheGoldenChild

still dont like her.. wasnt she the one that was against mixed couples? please she doesnt even look close to good..

nerd.gif

She never said she was against them.

right, but what does this quote say to you?

Jill Scott: My soul burns when I see a Black Man with a White Woman
in my opinion that means that she cant stand black men with white women or vice versa. meaning mixed couples burn her soul. thus making her a racist. who cares if you have white/black couples, are you really that small minded to say that it burns your soul? please.... i dont care for her and her racist remarks. i bet she would be one of those hating women that wouldnt vote for obama if his wife was white.

still dont like her.. wasnt she the one that was against mixed couples? please she doesnt even look close to good..

nerd.gif

in my opinion that means that she cant stand black men with white women or vice versa. meaning mixed couples burn her soul. thus making her a racist. who cares if you have white/black couples, are you really that small minded to say that it burns your soul? please.... i dont care for her and her racist remarks. i bet she would be one of those hating women that wouldnt vote for obama if his wife was white.

nerd.gif

indifferent.gif
 There was like a 20 page thread on this. You are definitely taking that quote out of context. 
Anyway, I always thought she was nice. 

nerd.gif

indifferent.gif
 There was like a 20 page thread on this. You are definitely taking that quote out of context. 

Originally Posted by letsgetit22

indifferent.gif
well, then explain to me how i am taking this out of context? cause to me it seems pretty clear

indifferent.gif
well, then explain to me how i am taking this out of context? cause to me it seems pretty clear

nerd.gif

My man, what she's saying is that it burns her soul to see black men REJECT black women for white women, when there are plenty of good sisters out there. These days, alot of brothers dont want to deal with black women because they think that they're "crazy" or gold diggers or whatever else mainstream media says about them thats not true But of course this is NT so her words were taken out of context.
eyes.gif

Spoiler [+]
got damn I didnt think she could get any sexier
eek.gif
embarassed.gif

nerd.gif

My man, what she's saying is that it burns her soul to see black men REJECT black women for white women, when there are plenty of good sisters out there. These days, alot of brothers dont want to deal with black women because they think that they're "crazy" or gold diggers or whatever else mainstream media says about them thats not true But of course this is NT so her words were taken out of context.
eyes.gif

Spoiler [+]
got damn I didnt think she could get any sexier
eek.gif
embarassed.gif

She is wearing something underneath, but regardless good for her for taking the road to a healthier lifestyle
smokin.gif

She is wearing something underneath, but regardless good for her for taking the road to a healthier lifestyle
smokin.gif

indifferent.gif
It COULD very easily mean that she hates that there is this disproportionate misunderstanding between Black men and women where the women judge a lot of the men based on past experiences with "dog +@#*%%" and the men judge the women based on past experiences with "volatile +%%+%++" before either party ever gives the other a chance with an open mind. You'll rarely hear a white person say, "I'm sick of how white ___ act. I'm only dating ____", but you hear those generalizations come from people of color all the time. MAYBE her neo-soul was burning at the apparent slave mentality a lot of us have about women of white ancestry. Maybe, just maybe, it was more of a beef with the lack of appreciation we have for ourselves and less of a beef with appreciating the differences in others. I mean, that would align with her whole musical persona.. wouldn't it? 

indifferent.gif
It COULD very easily mean that she hates that there is this disproportionate misunderstanding between Black men and women where the women judge a lot of the men based on past experiences with "dog +@#*%%" and the men judge the women based on past experiences with "volatile +%%+%++" before either party ever gives the other a chance with an open mind. You'll rarely hear a white person say, "I'm sick of how white ___ act. I'm only dating ____", but you hear those generalizations come from people of color all the time. MAYBE her neo-soul was burning at the apparent slave mentality a lot of us have about women of white ancestry. Maybe, just maybe, it was more of a beef with the lack of appreciation we have for ourselves and less of a beef with appreciating the differences in others. I mean, that would align with her whole musical persona.. wouldn't it? 

Back
Top Bottom