* The New TEAM SC Official post *

I won't be there unfortunately man. Im DVR'ing it though.

I have to cover UNC/NC ST in Raleigh.

Covered the upset of Duke last week. I guess my boss wants to make me the new NC ST. guy. Who knows.

4rdi0w.jpg

2qcnzt5.jpg

John who?
eyes.gif

Downey for president!
smokin.gif

That was the first time I ever stormed a court, and it was complete madness.  Easily the best game I've ever seen in person, without a doubt.

Did you rush out on the court Exec?

1stand15th - That was so wild.  I'm in the middle of all that chaos somewhere.
laugh.gif

Sandstorm baby!!!

Wish I could've been there guys. I consider it a fantastic win even though I'm partial to football.

Now, let's not forget, a hoops loss to Georgia in the next home game erases this.

laugh.gif

[h3]South Carolina fined $25,000 for celebration[/h3]Posted: Jan 27, 2010 12:47 PM EST Wednesday, January 27, 2010 12:47 PM ESTUpdated: Jan 27, 2010 1:11 PM EST

COLUMBIA, SC (AP) - South Carolina's first victory over a No. 1 team will cost $25,000.

The Southeastern Conference said Wednesday that South Carolina will be fined for violating league rules against permitting fans on the playing area following a 68-62 victory over top-ranked Kentucky on Tuesday night.

The league said this was South Carolina's second violation, which triggered the higher fine. The first violation also followed a victory over Kentucky on Feb. 15, 2005. Fans rushed the Colonial Life Arena court after the Gamecocks 73-61 win over then-No. 3 Kentucky. The athletic department was fined $5,000 by the league.

SEC commissioner Mike Slive said the policy is to keep a safe environment for those who participate and attend league events.

Copyright 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Spacej23, how much can you contribute?
nerd.gif

laugh.gif
  J/K great energy man.

I'm sure that's in my tuition somewhere.
wink.gif

On a side note regarding the University of South Carolina...

Sidney Rice is in the town, and he's up at the Russell House right now.  He showed up in his brand new Maserati.
smokin.gif

I believe FL F&F starts today. Anybody plan on scooping anything
nerd.gif
? I'm debating whether or not to get the black/varsity red VI's or the white/red XII's. I may try to exercise some patience and see if I can get them for cheap in the future. 

Originally Posted by spacej23

wink.gif

Sidney Rice is in the town, and he's up at the Russell House right now.  He showed up in his brand new Maserati.
smokin.gif
The homie Sid had that Massi for a couple months now. I miss those days of chillin in the Rus all day or under the tree lol. Im seriously thinking about going back to grad school at usc just for the people and atmosphere. On a side note I was at that game back in 2005. It was crazy the whole night so I could only imagine how it was then lol

Originally Posted by downsouthstunna

Originally Posted by spacej23

wink.gif

smokin.gif
The homie Sid had that Massi for a couple months now. I miss those days of chillin in the Rus all day or under the tree lol. Im seriously thinking about going back to grad school at usc just for the people and atmosphere. On a side note I was at that game back in 2005. It was crazy the whole night so I could only imagine how it was then lol
Not even that win compares to some of the home wins over Clemson we've had over the last 15 years (3 I think) in football. Football > Basketball at USC, sorry guys. Can you imagine the praise Stephen Garcia would get, if he was dropping games like Downey? Garcia with 400 yards and 5 TDs vs. Florida > Downey's 30 vs. Kentucky.

We're still a baseball school though. The new stadium is sick. If anyone is down for a game or two this season, let me know.I'll make the drive from Fayetteville.

My column for tomorrow's front page on Lattimore. Great day to be a Gamecock.

DUNCAN, S.C. - College football fans know about The University of South Carolina.

They've seen the garnet and black Under Armour garb implanted on ESPN Thursday nights over the last few years.

They imitate the way former coach Lou Holtz speaks and laugh in cynical undertones when Steve Spurrier slams the visor to the ground, frustrated at his team's latest offensive blunder.

But in actuality, they really don't care.

Fans of the increasingly popular sport would rather watch the "other" USC air-it-out on the West Coast or be entertained by Southeastern Conference big wigs going to war in Gainesville, Fla. or Baton Rouge, La.

Maybe Tuesday night's pledge from a five-star prospect with national significance will change that.

In front of family, friends and a horde of local and national media outlets, Byrnes High School (Duncan, S.C.) running back Marcus Lattimore committed to South Carolina at Silver Hill Memorial United Methodist Church in Spartanburg, alleviating the year-long headache that marred Gamecock and Tiger fans.

This can't miss phenom could have easily followed in the footsteps of Bo Jackson and Stephen Davis at Auburn, the other school in the Marcus Lattimore sweepstakes.

But he didn't.

He decided to turn the other cheek to Auburn, who signed fellow five-star back Michael Dyer, in favor of the home team.

A squad he rooted for as a child. A campus he has seen ample times with his family.

Lattimore brings a much-needed physical presence, something the Gamecocks haven't seen since Cory Boyd in 2006.

Most importantly, Lattimore provides Spurrier's offense with a new dimension: An every-down running back with speed and size.

Before deciding on South Carolina, Lattimore told Sportingnews.comthat he watched film of Spurrier's offense at Florida. He noticed theintricacies of a well-oiled speed machine and how he could fit intosimilar roles that Fred Taylor and Eric Rhett once vacated in years past.

Therunning back position seems to be the missing link during Spurrier'su-and-down success at South Carolina. Too many times the Gamecocks haveappeared on national television without a running threat.

Days of 2.9 yards per carry are gone with Lattimore's arrival.

Hisability to shed tacklers brings a welcome wrinkle in South Carolina'srushing attack. Standing at 6-1, 210 pounds, Lattimore is on par withother bruising backs of his caliber in the nation.

The Gamecockswere forced into a running back by committee mentality during lastseason's disappointing 7-6 campaign, with 5-9 freshman Kenny Miles and5-10 junior Brian Maddox sharing the bulk of the carries. Toward year'send, Miles was the feature back with Maddox available for receiving andblocking duties while Giles contemplated transferring due to benchduties.

It remains to be seen if Lattimore makes the splash he's expected to in Columbia or if he will even see playing time as a true freshman this fall. But one thing's for sure.

He is everyone's favorite Gamecock before he even steps on campus.

Great stuff, Brad.  I got a text from the school saying we got Tramell Williams and Cadarious Sanders.  Both of which are pretty talented from what I've read.

My newest iD's . . .

2rnzo6o.jpg

Wore these for the 1st time the other day (thanks again for the heads up Maurice) . . .

igdate.jpg

..lakers are lucky that crash was not playing

anyway, check out DJ's footwear last night:
gallery22.jpg

well if they do i will definitely be asking for some help if any of wallace or aug's release

Back
Top Bottom