* The New TEAM SC Official post *

Originally Posted by Allready Stan

i got my fusion laser iv for the big mix

^^^
this guy
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

josh- whats good homie? is that a beiber poster tho? lol...

lmao i'm sure the caption above the Beiber poster is hilarious...

i'm beginning not to even care what i wear to the big mix...might beat up a pair of kicks and wear them there lol

Ryan- yea man it says "lytle, it was fun hangin out with you last weekend, if you don't ask i wont tell"

Originally Posted by greencelt06

lmao i'm sure the caption above the Beiber poster is hilarious...

i'm beginning not to even care what i wear to the big mix...might beat up a pair of kicks and wear them there lol
I am with you on that one Ryan

Ha! tis funny...

Hope to see everyone at the big mix friday, if i'm slow to respond to anything please forgive me, i plan

on being highly inebriated.

Originally Posted by greencelt06

Hope to see everyone at the big mix friday, if i'm slow to respond to anything please forgive me, i plan
on being highly inebriated.
THISSSSS
smokin.gif

Jadeveon patted down, detained by Columbia's finest this morning.

$++%

We knew what we were getting when we signed this dude. Trading character for talent. Ugh.

Switch things up a bit with MLB starting tomorrow. Here's my column in today's paper on Chipper . . .

slideshow
I grabbed my cap off the chain link fence and pulled my socks above the knee.

Orange clay seeped its way into my cleats as I darted across the barren infield, my hands a powdery white from disrupting a portion of chalk along the third base line.

Uncomfortable as it was sporting high socks with the cuff cutting into my calf, I could handle it.

With a fresh pinch of light pink Big League Chew sandwiched between my molars, I was one step closer to becoming a major league ballplayer like my boyhood idol, Chipper Jones.

Seventeen years ago, Chipper was entering his third season with the Atlanta Braves after the strike in 1994 prematurely ended what was supposed to be his first full-length campaign as the franchise’s up-and-coming star.

The following year, he assumed a starting role at the hot corner while I caught pitches from Mark Moore and Co. for the Hope Mills Royals. We finished on a nine-game losing streak and the Braves won the World Series.

By the turn of the century, Chipper was the South’s favorite player, captivating the hearts of thousands of little leaguers whose summer dreams settled a few feet away from the visitor’s dugout at Turner Field.

I was entering the seventh grade, successfully securing a spot in the outfield for the John Griffin Middle baseball team.

What was there not to like about No. 10 at this moment? Chipper was a slick-fielding switch hitter with power who became the face of a franchise that won a MLB record 14 consecutive division titles. He was legendary manager Bobby Cox’s Golden Child, a baseball savior that, along with a Hall-of-Fame pitching staff, created one of the most successful decade-long runs in sports history. Meanwhile, I was years away from meeting my future wife and was more focused on winning a Madden tournament than studying for my history test.

The rest is history.

When the 38-year-old third baseman embarks on season No. 18 Thursday at Nationals Park in Washington, he’ll do so with a renewed sense of self-worth after injuries over the last six years have led to missed starts and down numbers.

Refocused on a final season after coming back from knee surgery, Chipper had a tremendous spring, hitting .407 with a team-leading four homers and 15 RBIs.

Braves fans in D.C. will be eyeing the on-deck circle as Nate McLouth steps to the plate in the top of the first to catch a glimpse of the franchise in the opener of what could be his last hurrah.

Like my abbreviated baseball career, Chipper’s best years are behind him but with that being said, a new lineage of southern youngsters have a chance this season to watch Larry lace them up one last time.

Take advantage of the opporunity.

It won’t last for long.
Read more: The Robesonian - CRAWFORD Seventeen years later  Chipper has same effect

Does anyone know if any Malls in Columbia, SC do midnight releases and what to expect on how many sneakerheads "camp out" at either the Harbinson Mall or the mall off Two Notch Rd? Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom