The NY Times Made Ninjahood's Argument for Him (Since We Disagree With "His Point")

Originally Posted by newbuck

Originally Posted by 0cks

When you are the product of rape you usually don't rep your father that raped your moms... unless your father socially will elevate you more than your maternal side can then... yeah I guess then you would...
nerd.gif
So you are saying that "ancestry" is subjective. Because this particular lineage was a result of rape. But you don't "rep your father that raped your moms". Even though it happened, and that is what you are. Oh ok. I see where this is going.
where it always goes 
laugh.gif

fellow descendants of slaves judging descendants of rape because they're opinions don't gel with their agenda

classy

Ninjahood is iight but i prefer

naw I remember in hs basketball practice, black homey pointed to another blackdude and said hell naw "im black, he AFRICAN"

stokely-carmichael-civil-rights-activist-resigned-as-prime-minister-of-the-black-panther-party.jpg

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

I remember Ninjahood giving the example of how groups align themselves in jails and he was right, dark skin Dominicans aren't taking sides with African-Americans in an American jail... This really makes alot of sense 
this is true.
but these are poor, uneducated felons you're using for your examples 
laugh.gif

that's like writing a book report using worldstarhiphop.
Yeah but why ignore the rest of my post? Have you been abroad? Whenever you hear American voices you just get all giddy and you really don't care about their background... alot of social conditioning gets thrown out the window regardless of education level

When you are the product of rape you usually don't rep your father that raped your moms... unless your father socially will elevate you more than your maternal side can then... yeah I guess then you would...
nerd.gif
So you are saying that "ancestry" is subjective. Because this particular lineage was a result of rape. But you don't "rep your father that raped your moms". Even though it happened, and that is what you are. Oh ok. I see where this is going.
Where is it going? Go talk like that to a rape victim and their offspring "Oh why don't ya'll go celebrate THANKSGIVING with your fathers family" I don't think you realize how much pain rape causes and disassociation is usually very real... I'm not even addressing that Black traits genetically are dominant...

I remember Ninjahood giving the example of how groups align themselves in jails and he was right, dark skin Dominicans aren't taking sides with African-Americans in an American jail... This really makes alot of sense 
this is true.
but these are poor, uneducated felons you're using for your examples 
laugh.gif

that's like writing a book report using worldstarhiphop.
Yeah but why ignore the rest of my post? Have you been abroad? Whenever you hear American voices you just get all giddy and you really don't care about their background... alot of social conditioning gets thrown out the window regardless of education level
let's be clear, I'm not saying you're wrong
I'm not your opposition.

just making the point that most of the articles and videos posted on the subject use poor uneducated people as examples.

like one article posted was a professor on vacation that asked a poor taxi driver as he was leaving the country 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by MonStar1

Originally Posted by enlightendespot

Mon star, Black=african american? Lulz So since my dad is from a french speaking african nation and my mom is from a spanish speaking african nation that means im african and not black? Cuz we eat different foods and have different music. Lmao

Son you are TRYING WAYYYY TOO HARD.  I'm not saying you aren't black.  You are more than "black" you have different cultures.  So you are african or whatever mix you wanna call yourself.

And Yes I have NO connection to Africa besides my skin color.  I'm saying that because I'm ashamed of my roots or some BS. but most blacks in the US have the same culture as whites.  If you don't wear any clothes, eat any foods, celebrate any holidays, speak a different language, etc. how can I be connected to Africa?  I'm an American black.  it is what it is.

So why does ninjahood call everyone else black?

Stop puttin words in my mouth b, do u think if my makin a distinction between a hispanic and a blackPerson that I dunno that there's a difference between a african and a african american? Especially since those groups don't exactly seeEye to eye either.

i could care less how Hispanics perceive their racial identity..the truth is what it is..the only thing that REALLY matters is where you stand on the social situation...what are you saying as an individual?

its just funny...most Hispanics don't have a problem gravitating toward our culture and dropping the N word though..being a **@%@ is REAL. !%%!## constitute a real class of people.

All they wanna do is look like the part on the OUTSIDE...

you'll never be one of us on the inside...Im proud to be a **@%@. and now everybody else in the world wishes they were us.

Originally Posted by sn00pee

Sorry to bust your bubble, but there isnt anything to be proud of being a $%$%.

he's half white,

he doesn't know how to embrace his blackness without overdoing it

edit:

he's just a pawn to hatemongers 
laugh.gif
 that refuse to let mixed island people group themselves together rather than segregate themselves because it doesn't help the pro black agenda in America

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Son you are TRYING WAYYYY TOO HARD.  I'm not saying you aren't black.  You are more than "black" you have different cultures.  So you are african or whatever mix you wanna call yourself.

And Yes I have NO connection to Africa besides my skin color.  I'm saying that because I'm ashamed of my roots or some BS. but most blacks in the US have the same culture as whites.  If you don't wear any clothes, eat any foods, celebrate any holidays, speak a different language, etc. how can I be connected to Africa?  I'm an American black.  it is what it is.

So why does ninjahood call everyone else black?

Stop puttin words in my mouth b, do u think if my makin a distinction between a hispanic and a blackPerson that I dunno that there's a difference between a african and a african american? Especially since those groups don't exactly seeEye to eye either.
Keep coming across this only on NT, yet in my entire existence on this planet, I have yet to experience problems with a person from directly from Africa. I'm not saying this doesn't happen.. but this one of those things which constantly gets thrown out with no real foundation to support it.. Ninjahood, who are you to speak on "those groups" and their social relations? What research and data have you collected to support this?

Sorry to bust your bubble, but there isnt anything to be proud of being a $%$%.

he's half white,

he doesn't know how to embrace his blackness without overdoing it
laugh.gif

nerd.gif

Where is it going? Go talk like that to a rape victim and their offspring "Oh why don't ya'll go celebrate THANKSGIVING with your fathers family" I don't think you realize how much pain rape causes and disassociation is usually very real...

This has absolutely NOTHING to do with that persons ancestral background. Sorry, your feelings can't change the facts, no matter how much you want to lie to yourself.

I'm not even addressing that Black traits genetically are dominant...

Meaningless. Sad to see this is how some people think.

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Personally I could care less about what Ninjahood chooses to identify himself as. As an individual NT entity his choice does not concern me. I think most people on here don't truly care. However, the Ninjahood race debate is a microcosm of the larger issue at hand. I care that Latinos have chosen to deny their African heritage in favor of their Hispanic heritage. That is the crux of the issue. Not Ninjahood per se. But Ninjahood is the chosen representative on NT for that issue so we address him. Ninjahood is a good dude but on this issue I think he, and all those referred to in the article, are dead wrong. They aren't trying to shine a light on the fact that they're Latino, they're trying to cast a shadow on the fact that they're black.

So Its up to people who don't dictate my life to tell me to trash da Hispanic heritage thats representative of meFor a black herritage that's long been cut from da slave trade on hispanola...yea, if thats da case Americans should just callinOurselves colonials,
30t6p3b.gif
grin.gif
Bottom line is I'm a proud Hispanic, not black..not african, not afro nothing....da worst thing anyone can do is try toStrip someone are who they are...now OBVIOUSLY Hispanics have some slave blood in us, same way we have da blood ofDa tainos & da blood of da Spaniards, but when it comes to Hispanic heritage, da whole is greater then da sum of each part.

Where is it going? Go talk like that to a rape victim and their offspring "Oh why don't ya'll go celebrate THANKSGIVING with your fathers family" I don't think you realize how much pain rape causes and disassociation is usually very real...
This has absolutely NOTHING to do with that persons ancestral background. Sorry, your feelings can't change the facts, no matter how much you want to lie to yourself.
How can you say meaningless? Have you seen the Von Luschan scale? It was made by a European he had no "pro black agenda" I'm all for color-blindness but I am a realistic person so when we have these discussions I refer to these "standards" that have been forced on all of us... Whites overall do not accept biracial children

Personally I could care less about what Ninjahood chooses to identify himself as. As an individual NT entity his choice does not concern me. I think most people on here don't truly care. However, the Ninjahood race debate is a microcosm of the larger issue at hand. I care that Latinos have chosen to deny their African heritage in favor of their Hispanic heritage. That is the crux of the issue. Not Ninjahood per se. But Ninjahood is the chosen representative on NT for that issue so we address him. Ninjahood is a good dude but on this issue I think he, and all those referred to in the article, are dead wrong. They aren't trying to shine a light on the fact that they're Latino, they're trying to cast a shadow on the fact that they're black.

So Its up to people who don't dictate my life to tell me to trash da Hispanic heritage thats representative of meFor a black herritage that's long been cut from da slave trade on hispanola...yea, if thats da case Americans should just callinOurselves colonials,
30t6p3b.gif
grin.gif
Bottom line is I'm a proud Hispanic, not black..not african, not afro nothing....da worst thing anyone can do is try toStrip someone are who they are...now OBVIOUSLY Hispanics have some slave blood in us, same way we have da blood ofDa tainos & da blood of da Spaniards, but when it comes to Hispanic heritage, da whole is greater then da sum of each part.
what you arent realizing that there's something called BLACK Hispanics. No one is saying you're NOT hispanic.

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

i could care less how Hispanics perceive their racial identity..the truth is what it is..the only thing that REALLY matters is where you stand on the social situation...what are you saying as an individual?

its just funny...most Hispanics don't have a problem gravitating toward our culture and dropping the N word though..being a **@%@ is REAL. !%%!## constitute a real class of people.

All they wanna do is look like the part on the OUTSIDE...

you'll never be one of us on the inside...Im proud to be a **@%@. and now everybody else in the world wishes they were us.
Yerp!
Everybody wanna be a _____ but don't nobody wanna be a _____... 
tired.gif

eyes.gif

Not sure I agree with how you said it, but the point is clear. 

So Its up to people who don't dictate my life to tell me to trash da Hispanic heritage thats representative of me For a black herritage that's long been cut from da slave trade on hispanola...yea, if thats da case Americans should just callin Ourselves colonials, 
30t6p3b.gif

grin.gif
 Bottom line is I'm a proud Hispanic, not black..not african, not afro nothing....da worst thing anyone can do is try to Strip someone are who they are...now OBVIOUSLY Hispanics have some slave blood in us, same way we have da blood of Da tainos & da blood of da Spaniards, but when it comes to Hispanic heritage, da whole is greater then da sum of each part.
what you arent realizing that there's something called BLACK Hispanics. No one is saying you're NOT hispanic.
Exactly.

My thing is, does he wonder where that melanin in his skin came from? 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RufioRufioRufio

Originally Posted by RufioRufioRufio

I feel bad for minorities, (im asian so we get the pass as being a model minority, smh).

Institutionalized racism causes arguments like this.

People don't realize they are feeding a cycle that keeps minorities down.

Dominant society shoves in our mind that white is good and black is bad.

Therefore you do get alot of minorities dissociating themselves from anything black.

and to touch on another point, the use of color clearly encourages a loss of identity and culture in this country.

I get into these discussions because as a therapist, culture and social justice affect people so much but often times they are unaware.

I'm gonna post a journal entry I did for my gender and ethnicity class in this thread.

Hopefully NT fam is willing to read. It reflects my experience on this whole discussion.

Meh there are Asians that do the same, people in Thailand and India bleach their skin to look more european

It's ironic that people who don't think (no names) try to say I'm not "black" enough based on my love for white women- I'm unapologetically black-The reason why I reject Judeochristianity it because I'm African, if I died today and had a choice to be reincarnated I'd choose Ibo
Yea I know what you mean in terms of Asians. My bad if you thought I was trying to separate Asians.
But you back up my point, it's an inherent shame that minorities are brainwashed with.

It's funny how I teased you in past religions thread about how your raceial identity played a part in your rejection of religion, because during the semester I learned how Religion really effects minorities.  How it is a tool of both oppression and hope at the same time. I guess thats why religious debates are so heated. Yeas, I apologize for doing that in the past.

Anyways. I wish people wouldn't jump so quickly at Ninjahood when he embraces his own culture.

What do you think it means that people immediately claim he's running away from being black? (question fro everybody)

Clearly our implications are people run away from anything related to blackhttp://cdn1.sbnation.com/...4/come-on-son1.jpg  Why? Because our society tells us that we should run away from it
Ninjahood loves his culture, its a beautiful thing, but hispanic is BARELY  a culture think about it-What do Mexicans, Cubans, Dominicans, and Puerto Ricans really have in common? Furthermore what to Nigerians, Ghanaians, AfroAmericans, Ethiopians and French African immigrants have in common?

About religion, I have always acknowldged the peace of mind religion provides for people if a patient asks me to pray with him I will-but I look at the bigger picture Christ has been used as soma to dehumanize many ethnic cultures all over the world not just mine so I'm torn

Religion and CRACK COCAINE, ruined the black community-yea i said it
tired.gif

30t6p3b.gif
grin.gif
Bottom line is I'm a proud Hispanic, not black..not african, not afro nothing....da worst thing anyone can do is try toStrip someone are who they are...now OBVIOUSLY Hispanics have some slave blood in us, same way we have da blood ofDa tainos & da blood of da Spaniards, but when it comes to Hispanic heritage, da whole IGNORANCE is greater then da sum of each part.
Fixed.
Now watch the action, if you dare. 

Originally Posted by enlightendespot

^BOOM
 And there it is.
Some of the latest research, however, shows that many Latinos — like Irish and Italian immigrants before them — drop the Latino label to call themselves simply “white.â€

Originally Posted by sillyputty

So Its up to people who don't dictate my life to tell me to trash da Hispanic heritage thats representative of me For a black herritage that's long been cut from da slave trade on hispanola...yea, if thats da case Americans should just callin Ourselves colonials, 
30t6p3b.gif

grin.gif
 Bottom line is I'm a proud Hispanic, not black..not african, not afro nothing....da worst thing anyone can do is try to Strip someone are who they are...now OBVIOUSLY Hispanics have some slave blood in us, same way we have da blood of Da tainos & da blood of da Spaniards, but when it comes to Hispanic heritage, da whole is greater then da sum of each part.
Exactly.

My thing is, does he wonder where that melanin in his skin came from? 
laugh.gif

roll.gif
laugh.gif

alien.gif

30t6p3b.gif

I agree with where Ninja has been coming from...the black NT'ers are all upset that dominicans don't identify themselves as being black...sure they may have hailed from Africa back in yesteryear but enough time has passed to where they can't identify themselves as being black anymore.

Same thing I feel with indian west-indians like myself. We hailed from India so long ago that we really can't be considered Indians anymore. In fact I really don't think Indians living in India even know about Guyana or Trinidad like that.

Black NT'ers need to get over it already. As far as i'm concerned being an nyc'er and not of either black or latin heritage...I really don't see Dominicans as being black anymore...they might look it but I believe culture is what you should really identify with over color.

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

I agree with where Ninja has been coming from...the black NT'ers are all upset that dominicans don't identify themselves as being black...sure they may have hailed from Africa back in yesteryear but enough time has passed to where they can't identify themselves as being black anymore.

Same thing I feel with indian west-indians like myself. We hailed from India so long ago that we really can't be considered Indians anymore. In fact I really don't think Indians living in India even know about Guyana or Trinidad like that.

Black NT'ers need to get over it already. As far as i'm concerned being an nyc'er and not of either black or latin heritage...I really don't see Dominicans as being black anymore...they might look it but I believe culture is what you should really identify with over color.

Dominican is a nationality, black is a racial trait.

This must have something to do with the fact that it was Friday the 13th or something.......................moving along now 

I don't have a problem with Dominicans being..."Dominican"

Labels change over time.

The Jews of the supposed bible, aren't the white Ashkenazi/Germanic jews you typically think of today for example (this is a can of worms, too)

But I do have a slight issue with people ignoring their history. Its one thing to want to identify yourself presently, but don't front like you have NO black connection and hate on and distance yourself from people who have more african features and identity than you do. They're all in the same pot but they wanna act like they're just "visiting" instead of "living" there, if I can make a metaphor of sorts. 

what?
laugh.gif

Anymore,
that word makes no sense.

NYC'ER
laugh.gif

Longstroke do you have any other examples other than Creole situation? Clearly im not going to read that book in time to discuss in this thread....so instead of dodging the question you should answer it.

Where are people reaping the benefits of being black when its convenient?
Please, do not try and make it seem as if someone is afraid to address your inadequacies. In all honesty, addressing people such as yourself, grows tiresome, as it's like talking to a brick wall. I am certain that I will not convince you of anything, as your heels are indeed dug in deep. However, life experience may be the rude awakening that's needed in your case. I've been there, done that. I've experienced it, then read about it as well.
Here's how I addressed someone who understands reason,

It seems that people really cannot separate culture from racial identity. Obviously, one should be able to embrace their culture, having pride in the good things they present to the world. However, the way the system is set up, denying your connection to the rest of the world, especially your connection to those that are oppressed due to the color of their skin, you are somewhat rewarded by embracing your culture.

The game is that Black people have never contributed anything to this world. All images of success are always White, and then being closer white, means that you are actually entitled to the assumption that you are indeed successful, then a contributor to society as a whole.

People who are obviously Black, have nothing else to grasp other than their culture. While suggesting that their culture is what separates them from the Black people who were slaves, those who are supposedly still living from the hand and then at the foot of their former oppressors, they lay claim to being the harder workers, the less lazy of their kin in skin.

It's downright hilarious, then sad at the same time. 

How can you say meaningless? Have you seen the Von Luschan scale? It was made by a European he had no "pro black agenda" I'm all for color-blindness but I am a realistic person so when we have these discussions I refer to these "standards" that have been forced on all of us...

You're veering off topic. Let me repeat this again. Your "feelings" do not change the facts.
Whites overall do not accept biracial children
Good to know.

Back
Top Bottom