The Oakland Raiders 2016 Offseason Thread | Welcome, Karl & Jihad & Shilique & DeAndre

At this point it would cost way too much to do that. Coliseum is in such bad shape.

Nope.

Newballpark.org writes mainly about the A's future ballpark situation, but the guy behind it wrote a piece about potentially renovating the Coliseum rather than a total teardown. He projected the total cost at around $350M for the A's, including assuming $100M in debt due to the addition of Mt. Davis.

The Raiders renovating the Coliseum for football-only purposes can be assumed to be approximately the same amount. And we know Mark can contribute that and more, as he promised to provide up to $500M of his own money for the Carson stadium

Link for reference: https://newballpark.org/2015/07/22/coliseum-renovation-for-baseball/

i like that idea a lot, but that's only happening if the A's find a new stadium. No way the A's and Raiders agree to sharing a stadium once this is all said and done

I read somewhere that John Fisher is going to take over in finding a location for the A's. He willing to looks for alternative venues for a stadium. Fisher is interested in a stadium near downtown.

I remember reading something about them wanting to build something around jack london square.

I can see why the coliseum is desireble tho. the amount of stalls plus freeway access and bart.

According to Amy Trask the Coliseum complex is the most transit accessible major sports venue in the nation.

I believe it also has more on sight parking than any other venue as well.

Definitley a prime location.

Libby Schaaf is push the idea of a stadium at Howard terminal for the A's. The A's don't like the Howard terminal idea.

Other locations for the A's includes two spots at Laney College, one at Brooklyn Basin south of Jack London and the site of a U.S. Postal Service facility in West Oakland.

Last edited:
I wonder why there's not more interest in the Brooklyn Basin site. The master development plan for Brooklyn Basin is pretty impressive. Massive project, a lot more than just the condos. That area is going to be unrecognizable in 10 years.

Last edited:
According to Amy Trask the Coliseum complex is the most transit accessible major sports venue in the nation.

I believe it also has more on sight parking than any other venue as well.

Definitley a prime location.
It really is though. 

@HNLHI  

Last edited by a moderator:
laugh.gif

Mario Edwards Jr. is fully participating in OTA's today 
pimp.gif
 Got cleared earlier this month.

Edit: oh yea, Menelik Watson is participating too 

Last edited:
My homie just put that pic of Coop and Crab and link to this song in group chat . I know the niner fans homies had to want to snap their phone in half. 

Last edited:
Who on the team has apparel deals? I know Crabtree is with Team Jordan, I think Amari is with Nike? Anyone else?

Back
Top Bottom