The official '20 NYK thread, Nate jersey retired

Metta World Peace for head coach?

• A. Yes

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • B. No

Votes: 17 65.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
- I wouldn’t mind giving Oladipo close to Max, he turned down his contract with Indiana.

-Trade Knox, etc and 3 1st for D. Booker

- Trade Randle and a pick for Steve Adams/or N. Vucevic

Mitch / Portis
Steve Adams or N. Vucevic
RJ
D. Booker
Oladipo / Frank

🤷🏽‍♂️

- I wouldn’t mind giving Oladipo close to Max, he turned down his contract with Indiana.

-Trade Knox, etc and 3 1st for D. Booker

- Trade Randle and a pick for Steve Adams/or N. Vucevic

Mitch / Portis
Steve Adams or N. Vucevic
RJ
D. Booker
Oladipo / Frank

🤷🏽‍♂️

wtf

Knicks don't need to sign or trade for anyone. Just let everyone expire and forgo every season until you draft the next MJ or LeBron

Today marks 50 years since the knicks won a championship

None of us were around except for onewearz

:lol:

8a2249e39020184150ce5204c0693c0d.jpg

:smokin

I miss JR and Shump on the knicks. Those two and Melo brought out the best in each other real talk.

It was really some storybook ****. I don't get Knicks fans that hate on Linsanity.
D'Antoni somewhat used Lin to threaten Melo's status on the team and I would say there was some division on how plays should be ran. I also think some players felt Lin was given preferential treatment even though he had no tenure in the league. Now to Melo's credit he did advocate for Lin to play but I don't he was expecting such a drastic change while he was out.

Pringles wants his PG with the ball in his hands at every opportunity while Melo at that time did most of his work off the dribble and wasn't trying to spot up in the corner or play off ball. Ironically enough Melo shines best in Olympic competition where he gets set up easier.

I'll never forget a game against the Bulls where Melo had his man sealed in the post (I wanna say it was Jimmy Butler in his rookie year) and Landry Fields hesitated then looked him off to give Lin a chance to run a play (which I'm sure was D'Antoni's orders). Melo was pissed beyond belief and just made the division more obvious, which spread to the fans.

Add in the fact that Lin tried to get the biggest payday he can (which I don't fault him for but people didn't appreciate his approach with the two contracts), his struggles against the Heat and D'Antoni/Melo using the most stubborn approaches they could to assume control of the team, Lin was made the scapegoat because he was the center of it all.

If Pringles and Melo could've reached a middle ground I think we could've maintained a competitive squad but someone had to be top dog and Melo won out.

Sorry for my long *** post.

Last edited:
Such a dumb fight. So immature. Wasn’t Lin’s fault either.

You know god forbid that Melo or Dantoni ever try and do something different than they’ve always done it, considering neither has ever won anything.

Melo is worse to me because he’s been even less flexible over his career and Dantoni at least changed his style again in Houston but whatever.

It was really some storybook ****. I don't get Knicks fans that hate on Linsanity.
This. If you watched that WHOLE Toronto game and didnt cheer for Lin and the win on that shot you're hating period.
Such a dumb fight. So immature. Wasn’t Lin’s fault either.

You know god forbid that Melo or Dantoni ever try and do something different than they’ve always done it, considering neither has ever won anything.

Melo is worse to me because he’s been even less flexible over his career and Dantoni at least changed his style again in Houston but whatever.
I wouldn't say Melo is the worst but absolutely agree it was a dumb argument. Knicks got the best ball that Lin ever played and didnt fall for the okey doke on the contract. As much as I appreciated linsanity I'm glad we didnt give him the bread he was looking for.

Whole run was unbelievable. One of the best stretches of Knicks basketball ever.

Last edited:
This. If you watched that WHOLE Toronto game and didnt cheer for Lin and the win on that shot you're hating period.

I wouldn't say Melo is the worst but absolutely agree it was a dumb argument. Knicks got the best ball that Lin ever played and didnt fall for the okey doke on the contract. As much as I appreciated linsanity I'm glad we didnt give him the bread he was looking for.
Oh yeah the Rockets definitely overpaid for him, it made no sense to match that. He remained a good contributor but got KOed by injuries eventually.

Does anyone remember Flip Murray? It wasn’t nearly as lit, but that was another example of linsanity. Guy comes from absolutely nowhere and plays like a confident all star for a few months.

Knicks on NBAtv.

While I hate the 🌽, it’s almost a shame Reggie & Pat never teamed up. That combo would’ve gave teams fits.

Back
Top Bottom