The official '20 NYK thread, Nate jersey retired

Metta World Peace for head coach?

• A. Yes

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • B. No

Votes: 17 65.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Would you take on Walls contract if it means getting Beal and not giving up significant assets like RJ, Mitch and heavily protect our 1sts?

Gee where have I heard this spiel before :lol:

5D195688-3808-49EF-A771-28AD36086AE3.jpeg

they give everyone the same damn script

In a heartbeat

But you’re basically asking if I’d take Wall & Beal without giving up anything at all :lol:
There are rumors going around that some NBA owners might not be able to afford their payrolls due to losing so much money from this Corona **** so they said Big salary dumps shouldn’t surprise anyone especially teams that are over the tax limit. Some NBA teams are doing source funding to try and make up for their losses with the Warriors being one of the known teams.

even though im not a fan of thibs since he burns out the team by playing the starters 40 + minutes a game and is not that good without star players i just hope he brings the defense back to this team like in the 90s with riley and van gundy... i mean he was the assistant coach here for van gundy so he knows what it takes to win...this is the only hope i have for this team since hes coaching here... like bring back the defense and have the opponents respect the home court garden floor again... now that we got the coach the lottery is what comes next i hope we get lucky this year compared to last year with the worst record but only got the #3 pick... i like rj but zion here woulda been crazy!!!

even though im not a fan of thibs since he burns out the team by playing the starters 40 + minutes a game and is not that good without star players i just hope he brings the defense back to this team like in the 90s with riley and van gundy... i mean he was the assistant coach here for van gundy so he knows what it takes to win...this is the only hope i have for this team since hes coaching here... like bring back the defense and have the opponents respect the home court garden floor again... now that we got the coach the lottery is what comes next i hope we get lucky this year compared to last year with the worst record but only got the #3 pick... i like rj but zion here woulda been crazy!!!
You can make the argument that Thibs made a few players “Star” players or better players than what they were.

rose and butler were good even without thibs... rose got the devastating injury but hes still respectable without him during his tenure here and even when he went to minnesota when thibs was there... butler has been good in philly and miami so it wasnt necessarily thibs that made him good... but thibs did a great job with noah... he got him to be good and all of a sudden he got that overpaid contract here with the knicks cuz of thibs he had that 1 mvp year...as a knicks fan though i will have faith in him just like i do every coach that comes here not named fisher and fitz...i hope he does develop mitch and rj to be great and hopefully he can turnaround frank and dsjr career which i really find unrealistic TBH

rose and butler were good even without thibs... rose got the devastating injury but hes still respectable without him during his tenure here and even when he went to minnesota when thibs was there... butler has been good in philly and miami so it wasnt necessarily thibs that made him good... but thibs did a great job with noah... he got him to be good and all of a sudden he got that overpaid contract here with the knicks cuz of thibs he had that 1 mvp year...as a knicks fan though i will have faith in him just like i do every coach that comes here not named fisher and fitz...i hope he does develop mitch and rj to be great and hopefully he can turnaround frank and dsjr career which i really find unrealistic TBH
But you can say Thibs contributed to the player Jimmy is today. Like you said Noah and even to a lesser degree Taj.

^ fair point... thibs had jimmy as a rook and did develop him to be a great player before where he is today... and with taj he basically had his best seasons with thibs...but honestly all that is irrelevant... if he cant get this team to the next level and develop players like mitch, rj, frank and dsjr then hes just like any other coach here... we hire them with high expectations and they dont mean anything and fire them before their contract is up... but hopefully i am wrong and he brings us back to respectability like when melo came here and we made the playoffs for like 3 years straight even though it didnt lead us anywhere lol

Back
Top Bottom