Metta World Peace for head coach?

• A. Yes

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • B. No

Votes: 17 65.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Screenshot_20200804-182157_Instagram.jpg

We always get the right guys. We just expect too much from them and put them in positions to fail and expose their weaknesses.

All solid role players when they go to other teams with actual stars on them.

I think I would've been fine with Garland. Either way we ended up with someone with good potential.

RJ Barrett a star on any other team but the Knicks. We can't develop for ****.
IDK.. I think I posted this reply in the draft thread..
If your team cannot develop rookies wouldn’t it make the most sense to draft the most complete college players (seniors.. super seniors) trade down to that player’s draft position.. trade picks and prospects for already established solid starters like your Julius Randle.. and build a team of five solid starters..

Makes no sense to keep drafting guys based on potential

IDK.. I think I posted this reply in the draft thread..
If your team cannot develop rookies wouldn’t it make the most sense to draft the most complete college players (seniors.. super seniors) trade down to that player’s draft position.. trade picks and prospects for already established solid starters like your Julius Randle.. and build a team of five solid starters..

Makes no sense to keep drafting guys based on potential
That’s basically Michael Jordan’s GM strategy... and it’s trash too.

We simply need to learn how to develop talent.

How so.. all of their top lotto picks have been for potential. Any players that cost too much get traded. It’s actually the exact opposite.

Hmm.. the only players that kind of fit your comment is Fred Kaminsky and maybe Miles Bridges.

when you’re not feeling good about yourself please don’t come after my comments

Last edited:
Knicks need to do what the Seahawks do in the NFL. Seahawks draft like **** normally in the early rounds so they offer up their early picks for disgruntled players. Knicks fans always talkin bout "nah bruh they asking for 2 first round picks?? Hell no" then those picks turn into Frank Ntilikina and Knox.

I'm not saying trade high picks for mediocre players but if you can be aggressive towards a team with a star ready to walk and 2 firsts gets it done you do it bc you're not gonna do **** with those picks anyways

How so.. all of their top lotto picks have been for potential. Any players that cost too much get traded. It’s actually the exact opposite.

when you’re not feeling good about yourself please don’t come after my comments
What? I have no idea what you mean. What a weird comment.

Michael Jordan has a long history of drafting players based on their college success, despite their nba projections. Raymond Felton, Sean May, Augustin, Adam Morrison. Seen as “low ceiling, low floor” type guys not that it planned out that way. Though more recently he’s taken chances on guys who were considered projects, like Vonleh. He also likes to spend money on mid-tier free agents who aren’t stars. Which is what you’re suggesting.

Last edited:
What? I have no idea what you mean. What a weird comment.

Michael Jordan has a long history of drafting players based on their college success, despite their nba projections. Raymond Felton, Sean May, Augustin, Adam Morrison. Seen as “low ceiling, low floor” type guys not that it planned out that way. Though more recently he’s taken chances on guys who were considered projects, like Vonleh. He also likes to spend money on mid-tier free agents who aren’t stars. Which is what you’re suggesting.
Raymond Felton panned out
Sean May was undersized for his position and played decently enough
No one knows why Adam Morrison didn’t pan out
Most of his busts were raw high potential players

I was looking at the Knicks draft history they don’t actually have a bad draft history.

You have to go back close to 20 years when they picked Michael Sweetney. And maybe 10 years when they took Jordan Hill

As far as overpaying mid tier guys that was when they needed to get above the NBA salary floor

Right now for the Hornets it’s guys like Biyombo and Batum
Batum used to be a legit 2nd option. Biyombo had like 1 really good season that he cashed in on

What I am suggesting is rebuilding the team they traded Carmelo for. Similar to how the Wizards were built before all the injuries

So now if you look at the Knicks what they have three starters. Four players in DSJR, Frank, Knox, RJ to fill three positions and come off the bench as sixth man. Right now only one of those four is a starter and all four need more player development.

Knicks have drafted some good players. David Lee, Channing Frye, Ariza, Gallinari, Wilson Chandler. Hell Shumpert and THJ were fine picks for their draft slots too. Porzingis obviously.

Back
Top Bottom