The official '20 NYK thread, Nate jersey retired

Metta World Peace for head coach?

• A. Yes

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • B. No

Votes: 17 65.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Didnt like how MM stuck with the same players for the last 15 minutes.

I'm not even sure a DSJ-Frank-RJ-Knox-Mitch lineup would be a .500 team in the G league.

oo yea **** the Knicks

Screen Shot 2020-02-09 at 8.43.18 PM.png

:lol: @ this game going in to double OT. I stopped watching by the 3rd when it was still close but Hawks had the lead.

The whole youth development thing doesn’t work if you leave them out there for 30 minutes to get embarrassed. It isn’t as simple as just giving them minutes. If you get blown out every game by 20, how are you going to feel?

But ....

On a year that we had the worst record and 2 guarantee AllStar Game Changing players....

We end up with #3 hit or miss .....

Ja and Zion putting in work and RJ. LoL

Tough loss last night. I don't get to see Young play that much but sheesh he's doing the same thing he did in college except against pros and does all of it with no muscle tone :lol:

But ....

On a year that we had the worst record and 2 guarantee AllStar Game Changing players....

this is the problem with this fan base. y'all want instant gratification. if a 20 year old isn't averaging 20, 5, and 5 then he's trash. TWENTY years old. hell, RJ doesn't even turn 20 until the offseason. so what is Zion and Ja are playing like the #1 and #2 picks? isn't that expected, since they were picked BEFORE RJ? y'all need to chill. you want player development, to stack picks, trade for an AS, contend, you're tired of losing, AND every draft pick needs to be a franchise player. its not possible to do it all. y'all set yourselves up for disappointment.

this is the problem with this fan base. y'all want instant gratification. if a 20 year old isn't averaging 20, 5, and 5 then he's trash. TWENTY years old. hell, RJ doesn't even turn 20 until the offseason. so what is Zion and Ja are playing like the #1 and #2 picks? isn't that expected, since they were picked BEFORE RJ? y'all need to chill. you want player development, to stack picks, trade for an AS, contend, you're tired of losing, AND every draft pick needs to be a franchise player. its not possible to do it all. y'all set yourselves up for disappointment.
I clearly said hit or miss, I didn't call him bust.

Just pointing out the fact. In the year we were the worst and had two generational talent, the odds changed and we landed the 3rd pick.

Of course RJ can turn out to be good, but there's a lot of fine tuning to do before he's there. I'm rooting for him, but I'll be lying if I said I'm ok at 3. Hell he can be better than both, but right now ... dang man.

I also do think part of his short coming this year are Randle and more Randle. Like he is stifling RJs growth.

I clearly said hit or miss, I didn't call him bust.

Just pointing out the fact. In the year we were the worst and had two generational talent, the odds changed and we landed the 3rd pick.

Of course RJ can turn out to be good, but there's a lot of fine tuning to do before he's there. I'm rooting for him, but I'll be lying if I said I'm ok at 3. Hell he can be better than both, but right now ... dang man.

I also do think part of his short coming this year are Randle and more Randle. Like he is stifling RJs growth.

first off, i didn't mean you specifically. i was mainly addressing the thread as a whole. i think a lot of RJ's issues come from not having confidence in his shot. he definitely seems like he hesitates at times. i also think that he needs to work on finishing his drives, but that could just simply be due to not being used to the physicality of grown men, vs college players. he definitely puts forth the effort and doesn't seem to back down, unlike our last 2 FRP's. that's the most important thing for me. confidence is everything. he'll work on his game over the summer and improve. i actually like Randle. i just feel like his expectation is do come in and be the hero, instead of playing HIS game. i get it though. he was the "big signing" and he feels like he needs to play to his contract. i've said it multiple times, but a legit PG will help Randle probably more than any other player on our squad.

Hes the #3 pick so the hate comes with the territory because of the expectations... the same could be said about frank since he was the #8 pick a lot of people called him a bust...what more with RJ since he was top 3 pick... the people defended frank saying hes still young...

But ....

Yo that's wild how Knicks took Ls but they were close, #3, Brooklyn. Like we angered the basketball gods.

Personally, I'm happy we ended up with RJ. Zion already walks like an old man. I hope he has a good long career, but I'd be hella nervous if he was a Knick. Ja reminds me of AI, my favorite player, and he never won a chip so 🤷🏾‍♂️.

RJ ain't a bust. Is he a franchise player? That remains to be seen.

Personally, I'm happy we ended up with RJ. Zion already walks like an old man. I hope he has a good long career, but I'd be hella nervous if he was a Knick. Ja reminds me of AI, my favorite player, and he never won a chip so 🤷🏾‍♂️.

RJ ain't a bust. Is he a franchise player? That remains to be seen.

honestly, Ja seems like the most appealing out of the 3 simply bc he plays the most important and exciting position in the league right now. i feel the same way about Zion too. imagine if we held him out like NO did. they'd be saying "typical Knicks".

Back
Top Bottom