*The Official 2008 NBA Finals Game 1 Post ~~ CELTICS vs LAKERS Vol. Stern got his way

The refs were not that big a factor. The Lakers got calls as well. Maybe a little bit of home court advantage; however, it shouldn't be a surprise toanyone.

What made the biggest difference was that the Lakers just couldn't hit their shots down the stretch. There were so many shots for them that just went inand out especially in the 4th. That had the biggest impact more than anything to me.

Originally Posted by YO allstar

I hope Eddie House's son gets hit by a car..... I don't care if its wrong I $%* you get hit by a car too
dudes is wylin'

what did lil house do?????????????????

Originally Posted by YO allstar

I hope Eddie House's son gets hit by a car..... I don't care if its wrong I $%* you get hit by a car too

indifferent.gif

you earned it homie

Things didn't go our way tonight, plus we were the visiting team. We were competitive the whole night so I think we'll be ok.

Edit: Banned - circumventing our profanity filter and directing that profanity as an insult to other NTers.

and for you blaming kobe, please stop it, he just missed shots, he forced maybe 5 bad shots, the rest usually go in (see Spurs series) hell no one could hit ashot in the 4th. Like I said before this series started, I expected to lose Game 1, but we'll bounce back and play better on Sunday.

Originally Posted by knightngale

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Pau not boxing out again, well on to game 2, hopefully kobe finds his stroke, but i don't even know if that will overcome the refs

Just make excuses for the lack of execution your team had. No Rhythm in the 4th quarter.

I think the knowledgeable Lakers fans know it was no one elses fault but the players. Some bad turnovers. Missed shots.

It will happen to Boston too.

celtics got all the momentum calls
5 at least, you wouldnt have even gotten the lead with that cause your team is soft

I agree we did get more calls then you. But some of you act like you lost becuase of it. It just seemed like so many dumb passes were made and badturnovers.

laugh.gif
were soft? PJ BROWN WORKED YOU. Pau Gasol? I am not saying were thetoughest team, but *edited*.

5-20 shooting. Kobe didn't attempt much.

I thought our defense was pretty good.

Originally Posted by chickhien

i'm not pullin for either team. but to hear refs cost the game is so whack. kobe just didnt show up for the last 7 minutes of the game
True that.

How in the world are the refs to blame here?

The Lakers went ice cold in the 4th.

We cannot complain about the refs.

Just can't do it.

You want to know why we lost? We got out rebounded. I didn't understand why everybody picked the lakers to win. We can't grab a damn rebound. If we hadgrabbed a couple of rebounds we would have been ok. I don't know what the second chance points were but they had to have killed us.

You want to know another reason why we lost? We got away from the pick and roll. When kobe and pau were running that pick and roll, the celtics really hadtrouble stopping it. Kobe is our MVP but he may have shot us out of this game.

Another reason why we lost...Look at how we shot in the 4th. They play GOOD DAMN D on us and we shot horrible. 5-20? That's just not going to get it done.

I don't want to hear crap about the refs.. but I know no matter what laker fans will blame the ref's.
tired.gif

I am sorry guys I can't co-sign that. We had our chances and we didn't do it. But hey....

ITS GAME FREAKING ONE! Yeah I know phil's record when he wins the first game but hey it didn't happen.

Laker nation don't get down. We were going to lose one game one. Now we have to go back and we have to steal game 2.

So please laker fans... I beg of you. Don't blame the ref's. We just played a horrible second half and kobe had a horrible night.

Originally Posted by Odeezy23

Pau not boxing out again, well on to game 2, hopefully kobe finds his stroke, but i don't even know if that will overcome the refs

Just make excuses for the lack of execution your team had. No Rhythm in the 4th quarter.

I think the knowledgeable Lakers fans know it was no one elses fault but the players. Some bad turnovers. Missed shots.

just be quiet, sure the players didn't play their best, but they were playing 5 on 8 tonight. ska never complains about the refs, so you know it's bad when he does. and as for rhythm, it's kinda hard to get into one, when every time down on the other end you are being stopped for fouls, fraudulent, most of the time.
man there were fouls goin both ways...stop complainin......u kno u will get calls in L.A. also so just stop....
The fouls were not getting called both ways touch fouls for the celtics and the lakers have to get tackled to get a call. Its hard to win when youarent hitting shots even harder when you can play physical but the other team can. Still not worried though lakers have been through this already in the utahseries.

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

Wow! Did you hear that?! Paul Pierce said he heard his knee "snap" or "pop"!! Crazy! The heart this guy has is unbelievable.

roll.gif
roll.gif

SMH. Dude is terry cloth.

word

MVP just didn't show up tonight, good D by the Celtics, hopefully he's more aggressive, and the rest of the lakers hit their shots.

Damn! We were stuck on 62 for like 5 minutes, we didn't take advantage when Pierce when down, then Pierce's 2 threes killed us, Garnett saved thatbackcourt violation and Garnett getting the rebound slam on Posey's miss...

Let's get next game...We only need one in Boston...

relax - Laker fans. you'd obviously feel better the Lakers notched the first, game, but as long as they win the next game - they're in the driversseat. Missed FTs, not boxing out, PJ Brown - one and done, missed shots. The Lakers played poorly, Kobe's shot was off, but they were still close the wholegame - they didn't get blown out. They'll learn from this one.
Vlad is a liability - Phil should definitely look to use Ariza.

We cannot complain about the refs.

Just can't do it.

You want to know why we lost? We got out rebounded. I didn't understand why everybody picked the lakers to win. We can't grab a damn rebound. If we hadgrabbed a couple of rebounds we would have been ok. I don't know what the second chance points were but they had to have killed us.

You want to know another reason why we lost? We got away from the pick and roll. When kobe and pau were running that pick and roll, the celtics really hadtrouble stopping it. Kobe is our MVP but he may have shot us out of this game.

Another reason why we lost...Look at how we shot in the 4th. They play GOOD DAMN D on us and we shot horrible. 5-20? That's just not going to get it done.

I don't want to hear crap about the refs.. but I know no matter what laker fans will blame the ref's.
tired.gif

I am sorry guys I can't co-sign that. We had our chances and we didn't do it. But hey....

ITS GAME FREAKING ONE! Yeah I know phil's record when he wins the first game but hey it didn't happen.

Laker nation don't get down. We were going to lose one game one. Now we have to go back and we have to steal game 2.

So please laker fans... I beg of you. Don't blame the ref's. We just played a horrible second half and kobe had a horrible night.

And stop talking about PP. Hell if we would have won yall wouldn't be talking any mess about him.

Originally Posted by franchise3

Originally Posted by chickhien

i'm not pullin for either team. but to hear refs cost the game is so whack. kobe just didnt show up for the last 7 minutes of the game
True that.

How in the world are the refs to blame here?

The Lakers went ice cold in the 4th.
Seriously
laugh.gif
, some of yall are just hilarious. There were so manyshots for the Lakers that went in and out and Boston played pretty good D on Kobe. If they knocked down a few more shots in the 4th maybe they woulda won.That was a much greater factor than officiating.

I really have no idea what the hell kobe was doing out there. Was he even trying? SMH a game the Lakers could of easily won had Kobe put up 50% shooting ornear it like he usually does.

Seriously though, Kobe.... What the hell was that?! Did you get paid to lose? I don't ever want to see a performance like that again.

Phil Jackson messed up during that little stretch when he took Kobe out in the 4th quarter. Luke and Farmar gave the Lakers nothing tonight. Kobe had ahorrible shooting game. How can anyone blame the refs for this one?

Originally Posted by TWISTA

Originally Posted by Odeezy23

just be quiet, sure the players didn't play their best, but they were playing 5 on 8 tonight. ska never complains about the refs, so you know it's bad when he does. and as for rhythm, it's kinda hard to get into one, when every time down on the other end you are being stopped for fouls, fraudulent, most of the time.
man there were fouls goin both ways...stop complainin......u kno u will get calls in L.A. also so just stop....
The fouls were not getting called both ways touch fouls for the celtics and the lakers have to get tackled to get a call. Its hard to win when you arent hitting shots even harder when you can play physical but the other team can. Still not worried though lakers have been through this already in the utah series.
laugh.gif

There are a lot of Lakers fans on this board.

A bunch of them, not all mind you, after every Lakers loss, will blame the refs. In addition to that, this same bunch think that the Lakers are supposed tosweep every team they play or something.
laugh.gif

It's a 7 game series.

Lakers were still in it until Kobe/Lakers couldn't hit a shot.

They missed like 7 shots in a row.

You can't win expecting to go cold in the 4th, no matter how tough a D you play.

Originally Posted by nyk buc

Originally Posted by Walkin Memorial

Now the media is gonna slurp Pierce for coming back from his "injury" and getting the game 1 win.

that was a hard injury. dude came back and play strong. no need to downplay it. if it was kobe, y'all would say he's the bravest dude on earth. get over it. both teams still have a lot more games to play. 1 game doesn't decide a series.
injury? There's a diffrence from hurting and being injured! That was some $@%$@ %@## if you have a knee injury you looking like andrew not skippingback onto the court! Dude was bending his knee before he went back, crying like a little $@%$@ how can you respect that. I hope jim Rome or someone keeps itreal about that %@##!

Back
Top Bottom