*The Official 2008 NBA Finals Game 1 Post ~~ CELTICS vs LAKERS Vol. Stern got his way

franchise3:
I'm not a fan of this dude Sasha really, but this dude was blanketing Ray for the most part, from what I saw.

Ray had a tough time getting seperation/holding onto the ball too long dribbling.

Old legs vs young legs, or is Sasha that good a defender?
I mean, it's a little of both... plus something else: contract year.
laugh.gif

eek.gif
laugh.gif
@ the numberof pages this thread hit.

as for the game, the lakers had a great chance of taking this game...they gotta rebound and move the ball better.

good game otherwise...much credit goes to the celtics.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Missed opportunity by the Lakers to push the lead up, Blood34 just lost a lot of respect from me, at least wade stayed back in the locker room, %@%%% with that faking %$++%$@$
atleast wade had a real injury

i think the four guys carrying him off like he got murked in world war 2 was worse than the wade wheel chair
roll.gif

im not even mad that we lost....i mean i expected a war.
i called Lakers in 6, and im sticking to it

I expect Phil to make some adjustments, and now that our younger guys know what to expect, they got one finals game under their belt....its time to get busy.

No Excuses Play Like a Champion.....word to Crashers

GOT DAMN

83 pages, wow

I need to go through this thread tomorrow at work, i know its filled with comedy

laugh.gif

Lakers were in it the whole game till Pierce came back and hit some daggers and the Lakers never recovered. Celtics do a good job contesting everything andmaking it hard for the Lakers. Im still not convinced and confident like the "experts" who pick the Lakers to win it all (maybe its the scars of2004) but I can see where the openings are there for the Lakers.
A couple of made shots by Kobe & Sasha on shots they usually make, a few hustle plays and more Sam Cassell taking bad shots and L.A. takes game 1.

Hopefully they take game 2 and if not then pressure builds for the 3 games at Staples.

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

Celts fan here.

Kobe played a better game than the box score suggested; he did a good job getting his teammates involved, and he probably passed up a few too many shots.

Ray Allen: 19, 8, 5 a steal and a block. Not a bad game considering his shooting was less-than-stellar.

Lakers had an off-night, the Celtics will need to step it up if they want to win at LA.

Pau Gasol played a good game...he needs to be more assertive though. Lamar and of course Kobe look for their own shot, he seems to be mostly cleaning up on the boards and getting easy looks from Kobe. He could give the Celtics a tought time on the offensive end.

About the calls: Aside from Gasol's block they called a foul, the officiating wasn't nearly as bad as its been so far in the playoffs. Overall the calls seemed to go Boston's way...with a couple fouls and a couple bad out of bounds calls where it was Boston ball after the Celtics clearly had the last touch.

the celtics have not had bad officiating go against them all playoffs

calls always go boston's way...even on the road...why?

Gasol and Odom really didn't show up. Kobe was forcing it way too much in the 4th.

And as Phil Jackson said a lot of their shots went half way through and rimmed out.

This may be drastic but I truly believe whoever wins game 2 will win the series.

Originally Posted by srvballer

Gasol and Odom really didn't show up. Kobe was forcing it way too much in the 4th.

And as Phil Jackson said a lot of their shots went half way through and rimmed out.

This may be drastic but I truly believe whoever wins game 2 will win the series.

i notice the shots going out too like kobes first shots rattling out? maybe they put magnets in the ball like in that one movie?
laugh.gif

eek.gif
roll.gif
@ the Celtics completely dismantling the lakers like i predicted.
laugh.gif
@ Kobe and Gasol thinking they can guard KG and Pierce, pure comedy rightthere. Pierce got hurt, the crowd was deflated and the Lakers still couldn't take advantage. Break out the brooms, already. As this game shows, the Celticsjust toyed with the Lakers all game long and pulled away at the end. They are a much inferior team than the Celtics. This series will be a sweep. Kobe cant do*!# against a real defense and gasol is to cakemade to do anything vs KG. And don't get me started on Sasha AKA the broken machine. Ray Allen pretty muchmade him his personal bia tonight. The Celtics played terrible for the most part and they still won. Yup, this series is gonna be a sweep, and you can quoteme on that. Remember it, write it down, take a picture, i don't give a $+$%.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 3PLEDOUBLE

eek.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
@ Kobe and Gasol thinking they can guard KG and Pierce, pure comedy right there. Pierce got hurt, the crowd was deflated and the Lakers still couldn't take advantage. Break out the brooms, already. As this game shows, the Celtics just toyed with the Lakers all game long and pulled away at the end. They are a much inferior team than the Celtics. This series will be a sweep. Kobe cant do *!# against a real defense and gasol is to cakemade to do anything vs KG. And don't get me started on Sasha AKA the broken machine. Ray Allen pretty much made him his personal bia tonight. The Celtics played terrible for the most part and they still won. Yup, this series is gonna be a sweep, and you can quote me on that. Remember it, write it down, take a picture, i don't give a $+$%.
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
So you're 19 out of 600 now?

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Lakers are gonna get blown out the water tonight. Chea!

ska, tupac, Sohi, holden, Mamba, and the rest of the Laker boys will be boo-hoo'ing tonight.
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

eek.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
@ Kobe and Gasol thinking they can guard KG and Pierce, pure comedy right there. Pierce got hurt, the crowd was deflated and the Lakers still couldn't take advantage. Break out the brooms, already. As this game shows, the Celtics just toyed with the Lakers all game long and pulled away at the end. They are a much inferior team than the Celtics. This series will be a sweep. Kobe cant do *!# against a real defense and gasol is to cakemade to do anything vs KG. And don't get me started on Sasha AKA the broken machine. Ray Allen pretty much made him his personal bia tonight. The Celtics played terrible for the most part and they still won. Yup, this series is gonna be a sweep, and you can quote me on that. Remember it, write it down, take a picture, i don't give a $+$%.
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by acidicality

eek.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
There is NO WAY he has been right 19 times.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bbllplaya23

Originally Posted by acidicality

eek.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
There is NO WAY he has been right 19 times.
laugh.gif

He's been right less than 10 times.

Good lord, 84 pages?!
eek.gif
eek.gif
I was at my friends house so I wasnt on NT at all. Record for a single game?

I dont have much to say other than good job boys, only three more. It makes me feel good about things that KG wasnt happy with 24/13 or whatnot. Ray playedgreat tonight. That Pierce injury helped us more than hurt us I think cause it really got the crowd into the whole thing.

Originally Posted by KB8sandiego

eek.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

roll.gif

Is that you Shaq with the last sentence on that post.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bjm5295

Good lord, 84 pages?!
eek.gif
eek.gif
I was at my friends house so I wasnt on NT at all. Record for a single game?

I dont have much to say other than good job boys, only three more. It makes me feel good about things that KG wasnt happy with 24/13 or whatnot. Ray played great tonight. That Pierce injury helped us more than hurt us I think cause it really got the crowd into the whole thing.

what about thanking the refs and stern?

smh.gif
@ celtic fans not appreciating their bread and butter

Dude, I said i'm happy KG thinks he can do better. Don't flip this into a conspiracy thing. Other than the Gasol block/foul (completely blown, I know)the officiating really wasnt that bad.

Thanking the refs and stern? This is what happens when you get outdefended and outrebounded by 13 on the road.

its like the refs only saw green....i sweat i counted at least 5 out of bounds that boston clearly touched and called it out on the Lakers... i think one ofthem KG raised his hand, like "My bad, thats out on me" then he was shocked they still had the ball....

tick tack fouls im not gonna really complain about....cuz we WILL get those in LA, but whatever....
Lakers in 6

i sweat i counted at least 5 out of bounds that boston clearly touched...

That pissed me off the most, Ray done it twice and it was ignored which lead to scores.

The ref'in wasn't as bas as many make it out, home cooking sure but that's HCA for you. When Kobe plays like a douche bag and Lamar and Paudisappear after the first half, we really weren't going to win.

I counted 8 rimouts, but thats just down to luck. Celts won't play that well again, if it wasn't for Pierce and his acting job pumping the crowd upwe'd win. We shown we can shut Pierce down, KG flamed out the 2nd half and Ray was average. We lost because we played like crap, simple as, now we have toget Phil to earn his $10'000'000 and come up with a way for Kobe not to turn into another 2004 failure.

Back
Top Bottom