*The Official 2008 NBA Finals Game 1 Post ~~ CELTICS vs LAKERS Vol. Stern got his way

Lakers lose

let's see

Complaints about officiating - Check

Claims that Pierce faked an injury - Check

Claims Stern fixed it - Check

laugh.gif

Damn you Lakers fans find everything to be mad at when you guys lose.

From Pierce's injury to Eddie Houses' little kid.

Yup, this series is gonna be a sweep, and you can quote me on that. Remember it, write it down, take a picture, i don't give a $+$%.

Its obvious that 3PLEDOUBLE doesnt give a $+$% when thats what he posts.

SO we just ignore his "$+$%" or can this Troll with an agenda (of talking $+$% with no value or contribution to this message board) be bannedalready?

I only got to see from the end of the 3rd quarter to the end of the game. Where has Pau Gasol gone? I understand it's your first Finals ever but come on.

i left niketalk for like 2 weeks

why did i think things would change?

out of 50,000 members theres like 3-4 intelligent ones in the sports forum

all the rest of you are as
smh.gif
as ever

if your favorite team loses you never give the other team credit

its always the refs fault or sterns fault or your shots not goin in

top to bottom celtics are a better team

only advantages the lakers have are kobe and phil jackson

but i shouldnt be complainin' cuz i still love NT

This was a good game. My dude KG had a monster game and did had a mean dunk over Gasol. "The Big Ticket" had everything going tonight. I was upsetwith some of the shots that he took in the 4th quarter but it happens. He can not miss 8 shots anymore against the Lakers. I thought Kobe played well but he isgoing to come out stringer in game two. In all it was a good game.

LETS GO BOSTON!

And Boston is the most annoying sports town there is. I can't believe so many of you want to see these spoiled pieces of !@#* get another title just because you want to see the Lakers lose.
*Insert PREACH gif*

Just got back from the hospital... and damn, 85 pages!?!
eek.gif
laugh.gif

Anyways, here's hoping for a Lakers game 2 steal. Just so many mistakes in this game, hopefully the Lakers rebound and protect the ball better on game 2.Also, Kobe should try to take the ball inside more often. IMO, Kobe settled for a lot of fall away J's in this game.. even though he made some of them.

Bounce back, Lakeshow!

Originally Posted by KB8sandiego

Paul Pierce got better acting skills than Wade.

The moment he stepped out the Locker room, I thought the Garden was going to shoot out some green flares like it was a WWE wrestler introduction.

Word. :lol

And, I actually found that "Pierce getting injured then coming back" too corny! lol
Dude was grimacing on the floor, taken in the locker room,then a FEW minutes later, he came back... to a freakin' standing ovation like its the second coming ofChrist
laugh.gif

And look at this excerpt from a game recap:

[font=Arial, Helvetica]http://sportsline.com/nba/gamecenter/recap/NBA_20080605_LAL@BOS
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica]"Pierce's dramatic return after being carried from the court and then wheeled down a hallway for treatment will be added to the annals of Celtics-Lakers finals lore, taking a spot alongside Magic Johnson's baby sky hook and Kevin McHale's clothesline of Kurt Rambis.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica]Pierce's comeback drew immediate comparisons to Willis Reed, the former New York Knicks great who once hobbled onto the court of Madison Square Garden before Game 7 of the 1970 Finals against the Lakers. Some of the savvy Celtics fans chanted Reed's name in tribute."[/font]

Uh... No.
indifferent.gif
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif

smh

The reffing was not terrible nor was it good. PP got a
indifferent.gif
for his"injury". I don't know if he truly faked it but to come back like that after being WHEELED to the locker room...a bit suspect. Those are the onlycomplaints I have. As someone said the Lakers did not take advantage when he was out...then let him shoot 2 wide open 3's when he returned. That won thegame. Great 1st half....sub-par 2nd. Kobe shot pretty bad from the field and where was LO??? Shot way too many jumpers for Perkins to be guarding him. Philwill make some adjustments and I highly doubt the C's will play that good again. Also...why is everyone saying game 2 is a must win? 1) We have 3 games athome after that. 2) It's a 7 game series 3) We hold serve at home(like they would in the hypothetical situation) we have them in a possible 2 eliminationgames. Winning game 2 just makes it easier to end it in 5.

Well, I think we honestly let the game go in the first half. We had a five point lead, yes. But..... we had several oppurtunities that we let get away thatcould've pushed that lead to 10 - 13.

If Kobe didn't suck in the first half, there's a few points we let go. Fish missin 2 free throws, that lame backcourt cuz of the stupid trophy. Theclear block by Gasol on Garnett that gave them two free throws. The five point lead and the last possesion of the half but Vlad missed the shot instead ofKobe going to the bucket.

All those things, we could have controlled and failed. So the Celts come out in the second half, PP hits a huge fouled 3 and they have the lead in less then30 seconds.
smh.gif

Gotta give the Celtics all the credit in the world for hanging in there. They absorbed the injury to Paul, to Perk, Cassell and Brown played like the vetsthey are. And they shut down the lakers in the 4th. What can you do?

Hopefully Phil makes the adjustments needed for game 2 and the guys come out with a little more desire. The whole team needs to get in there and get thosedefensive rebounds. Can't have that stuff happen again.

This series isn't over yet. Miami lost the first two games and won the finals. So losing just one doesn't end the series yet.

I posted this in the season thread, but I want to post it here too, people need to get off Pierce's back
Originally Posted by knightngale

even my sister did that and I was like "i hope he tore something"
too bad it wasnt serious
tired.gif

I really, really hope your kidding man
smh.gif

That's low

It wasn't a "dramtic return" or anything, but when you think you messed up your knee, you don't get right back up and try and put weight onit.
When I play sports, anytime I land awkwardly on my knee, it's kind of scary. That's the one place where you fear to get injured the most(at least tome)
He went to the locker room, the trainers probably told him it was fine and that he could put weight on and that he can come back... what's the problemthere?

The Lakers should never leave Gasol on Garnett again.

Dude got flat-out abused. Garnett's gonna shoot jumpers over him all day when Gasol gives him space, or he'll take Gasol to the basket and draw foulsif Gasol presses up on him.

Dude needs to learn to put a body on someone when he goes to the boards, not just stand there and rely on his long-!%% arms to corral the ball.

KG's putback in the fourth quarter was a prime example: How are you NOT gonna put a body on the second-best player on the floor when a shot goes up? Gasolgot numerous balls tipped away or batted out of his hands because he didn't hold his rebounding position. Standing in front of a person isn't goodenough; you need to put a body into 'em.

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

I posted this in the season thread, but I want to post it here too, people need to get off Pierce's back
Originally Posted by knightngale

even my sister did that and I was like "i hope he tore something"
too bad it wasnt serious
tired.gif

I really, really hope your kidding man
smh.gif

That's low

It wasn't a "dramtic return" or anything, but when you think you messed up your knee, you don't get right back up and try and put weight on it.
When I play sports, anytime I land awkwardly on my knee, it's kind of scary. That's the one place where you fear to get injured the most(at least to me)
He went to the locker room, the trainers probably told him it was fine and that he could put weight on and that he can come back... what's the problem there?
Knight, what is up with you lately? You can't be hopin someone is seriously hurt. Come on man.
indifferent.gif

It's ok to tell jokes or laugh about it now, or play it off, it's not ok to wish for dude to be hurt worse then he was.

If we want to win this and earn it and not hear, "yeah buts" for all eternity, then we want Peirce and Perk for that matter, to be healthy for theentire series.

Paul Pierce is a big @%@!*. Dude was making faces like he got shot after every foul.

Pierce coming back after grimacing and being carried and wheeled off annoyed me. He came back hopping like nothing happened a few minutes later. I'msure he got hurt but I think he just acted to make it look worse.

I'm gonna get a lot of heat for this but I was hoping it was something that will affect him in the series.....nothing carreer ending but just enough totake him out for a week.

Those two 3's he made in a row were a real momentum shift tho.....oh well

Lakers better get game 2.

Everyone on here acts like they would not have been hurt at all.
laugh.gif

It was
pimp.gif
how he came back becuase it got everyone fired up. IDC if he faked it.

You think Pierce was shot up with some pain killers and just played but as soon as they wore off he started hobbling again. He was having difficulty after thegame;

After the game, Pierce was walking with a pronounced limp as he exited the post-game interview room and headed back to the locker room, but some 45 minutes later the injury was clearly bothering him more.

As he walked to his car, Pierce was still wearing his warm-ups. The snaps along the right side were hanging open, revealing a wrapping of several ace bandages from the bottom of his calf to the top of his thigh, an additional layer of white tape wrapped around the lower half of his hamstring, ending just above his knee.

Pierce's feet moved no more than 12 inches with each step, and as you watched him begin to navigate the four flights of stairs from the locker-room level to the players' parking lot, you couldn't help but wonder exactly how much adrenalin had fueled his comeback, and whether that knee injury wasn't going to end up keeping him out of Game 2, or at the very least reducing him to 50 percent of the player he usually is.

Did he do more damage on that knee by playing. I DID feel sorry for him, not after him bouncing back out like some yahoo.

Back
Top Bottom