THE OFFICIAL 2012 BOSTON RED SOX SEASON THREAD - (1-3) Red Sox @ Blue Jays - FIRST WIN!!!

Originally Posted by True Blues

This is the most excited I've been for a Sox season since they traded for Beckett in 2005.

Anything less than a trip to the World Series is a disappointment in my mind.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by True Blues

This is the most excited I've been for a Sox season since they traded for Beckett in 2005.

Anything less than a trip to the World Series is a disappointment in my mind.
tired.gif

Unbelievable.

Still proud of the team though. They had heart and fought the best they could through injuries and underwhelming performances.

Unbelievable.

Still proud of the team though. They had heart and fought the best they could through injuries and underwhelming performances.

IURen.png

Can't even believe this 
tired.gif
. We did play pretty well even with all the injuries but that collapse.....
eek.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
. Guess it wasn't meant to be with all that !%%+ that happened to prevent us from winning and tampa losing. It's a long time until April so that's plenty of time for this !%%+ to sink in 
tired.gif
. Hopefully by next season,this team will have mercy on us and play well.

IURen.png

Can't even believe this 
tired.gif
. We did play pretty well even with all the injuries but that collapse.....
eek.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
. Guess it wasn't meant to be with all that !%%+ that happened to prevent us from winning and tampa losing. It's a long time until April so that's plenty of time for this !%%+ to sink in 
tired.gif
. Hopefully by next season,this team will have mercy on us and play well.

lol epic! and it had to be baltimore! hahahahahaha

the way they were celebrating too!!! lol like they are the ones going to the playoffs bwuhahahahaha!
9 game lead at the beginning of the month.... LOL

lol epic! and it had to be baltimore! hahahahahaha

the way they were celebrating too!!! lol like they are the ones going to the playoffs bwuhahahahaha!
9 game lead at the beginning of the month.... LOL

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

you're kidding, right?

did you watch this team at all during september? heart and fight? you must have been watching the rays, cause i know you weren't watching us play. you should get by the O's on heart and fight alone. we went 1-7? disgusting. you should be able to win 10 games in a month on heart and fight alone. we won 5?
sick.gif

and im not saying anyone needs to fired or an overhaul is needed...but they just did not show up in september. there is NOTHING to be proud about regarding the last month of baseball that we just played.

you're kidding, right?

did you watch this team at all during september? heart and fight? you must have been watching the rays, cause i know you weren't watching us play. you should get by the O's on heart and fight alone. we went 1-7? disgusting. you should be able to win 10 games in a month on heart and fight alone. we won 5?
sick.gif

and im not saying anyone needs to fired or an overhaul is needed...but they just did not show up in september. there is NOTHING to be proud about regarding the last month of baseball that we just played.

Seriously, the BoSox had to deal w/ a lot of injuries RIGHT at the end of the season.
Yes the collapse was epic, but it was injuries that was 50% of the reason for the collapse.

Seriously, the BoSox had to deal w/ a lot of injuries RIGHT at the end of the season.
Yes the collapse was epic, but it was injuries that was 50% of the reason for the collapse.

Originally Posted by CosmicCanon

please,they still have pedroia,big papi,the so called mvp in ellsbury who should be the mvp till the collapse and adrian gonzales in that lineup. still had beckett their so called ace 
sick.gif
 you can blame injuries all you want they still had a better lineup than most teams so i dont wanna hear it

Originally Posted by CosmicCanon

please,they still have pedroia,big papi,the so called mvp in ellsbury who should be the mvp till the collapse and adrian gonzales in that lineup. still had beckett their so called ace 
sick.gif
 you can blame injuries all you want they still had a better lineup than most teams so i dont wanna hear it

All I know is this better put a fire under some of their *!#!$ (Yea Crawford, Im looking directly at you) to go all out next season. I think this may actually be a good thing. Everyone basically handed us a title this year and maybe we needed this to humble ourselves. Nothing is given to you and you have to earn those titles. This team played September like the playoffs were inevitable and we would just turn it on in October. We took our foot off the gas, put it on cruise control, and hopped in the back seat for a nap and expected not to crash.
Injuries were there yes, but thats no excuse for what went down.

All I know is this better put a fire under some of their *!#!$ (Yea Crawford, Im looking directly at you) to go all out next season. I think this may actually be a good thing. Everyone basically handed us a title this year and maybe we needed this to humble ourselves. Nothing is given to you and you have to earn those titles. This team played September like the playoffs were inevitable and we would just turn it on in October. We took our foot off the gas, put it on cruise control, and hopped in the back seat for a nap and expected not to crash.
Injuries were there yes, but thats no excuse for what went down.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

you're kidding, right?

sick.gif

agreed. completely pathetic. 
90% of the team looked like they didn't care. "nah we'll be good tomorrow" just waiting for this magical turnaround. then we finally got eliminated and they seemed shocked.

something like 24 errors in 24 games, starting pitching that averaged 4 innings and a 7 ERA. bullpen (bard especially) blew. everything was awful. granted they were unlucky, but they also sucked and certainly showed 0 heart.

they're all just SO laid back and no personality, except for pedroia, ortiz, and youk. the rest are JD drew clones

Back
Top Bottom