The official '20 NYK thread, Nate jersey retired

Metta World Peace for head coach?

• A. Yes

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • B. No

Votes: 17 65.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
100027 100027 LMFAO. I clearly posted right under you and referenced you. I didn't know that quoting your post was a necessary thing :lol:

And the last time I directly tagged you, you never even bothered to reply cause one your trash takes got exposed as usual....so please relax with the cappin.

Secondly, I did list J Kidd. If you took the time to read instead of firing off that sassy reply you would have seen it.

Kidd and GP are both listed at 6'4".....1 inch taller than Cole. Both of those could also be inaccurate cause they're from the old era of NBA measurements. Even if it is totally accurate, that's still in the same 6'3" range so what's your point? You listed them like they were 6'8" or something :lol:

You named 2 great PGs in the long history of the league that were 6'5" and over.....wouldn't that make them the exception to the rule like I said?

And as great as Bron and Harden are...why do you think their teams are always integrating a dedicated starting PG to play the one spot and don't have them playing point 24/7? Kyrie, Chalmers, Rondo, CP3, etc etc etc

You're always going to run into trouble when you overburden your best player and have your primary scorer play the role of the lead distributor and have to chase around smaller, quicker PGs on defense.

Not to mention, you're listing ALL TIME transcendent greats. They not only change a team dynamic, they change the whole league.

Who's that player on our roster?.......

You're making no sense right now.

Last edited:
100027 100027 LMFAO. I clearly posted right under you and referenced you. I didn't know that quoting your post was a necessary thing :lol:

And the last time I directly tagged you, you never even bothered to reply cause one your trash takes got exposed as usual....so please relax with the cappin.

Secondly, I did list J Kidd. If you took the time to read instead of firing off that sassy reply you would have seen it.

Kidd and GP are both listed at 6'4".....1 inch taller than Cole. Both of those could also be inaccurate cause they're from the old era of NBA measurements. Even if it is totally accurate, that's still in the same 6'3" range so what's your point? You listed them like they were 6'8" or something :lol:

You named 2 great PGs in the long history of the league that were 6'5" and over.....wouldn't that make them the exception to the rule like I said?

And as great as Bron and Harden are...why do you think their teams are always integrating a dedicated starting PG to play the one spot and don't have them playing point 24/7? Kyrie, Chalmers, Rondo, CP3, etc etc etc

You're always going to run into trouble when you overburden your best player and have your primary scorer play the role of the lead distributor and have to chase around smaller, quicker PGs on defense.

Not to mention, you're listing ALL TIME transcendent greats. They not only change a team dynamic, they change the whole league.

Who's that player on our roster?.......

You're making no sense right now.
Tell me where you tagged me and I didn’t respond and I’ll happily get back to you.

We all know Dennis Smith Jr. and Jason Kidd aren’t 1 inch apart in height as they’re listed. As long as Cole is closer to the latter than the former good on me.

I’d still be biased to the 6’7 Ball because of his defensive potential but like I said, you rightly pointed out there are lots of great offensive smaller guards in the NBA.

I also said in the original post that a small offensive focused guard is a good fit next to Frank.

Some of the best pg’s past and present were 6’3 and shorter… and they guard players who are similar in height because most pg’s are short… the guys you named are the exception to the rule like magic, Oscar, lebron and maybe harden… theres tall pg’s out there that are pretty good but are rare… look at the tall pg’s who were supposed to be legit Livingston, jerian grant, frank, Michael carter they are good players but like I don’t need to get them to be my starting pg on my favorite team…have you seen this era of basketball? Defense is important but offense is where its at… and you cant even play physical basketball anymore it’s a different era… you breathe on a guy and it’s a foul… assuming we have the first pick... after the end of this year cole is better than lamelo your going to pass on him because he's 6'3 lmao....

Some of the best pg’s past and present were 6’3 and shorter… and they guard players who are similar in height because most pg’s are short… the guys you named are the exception to the rule like magic, Oscar, lebron and maybe harden… theres tall pg’s out there that are pretty good but are rare… look at the tall pg’s who were supposed to be legit Livingston, jerian grant, frank, Michael carter they are good players but like I don’t need to get them to be my starting pg on my favorite team…have you seen this era of basketball? Defense is important but offense is where its at… and you cant even play physical basketball anymore it’s a different era… you breathe on a guy and it’s a foul… assuming we have the first pick... after the end of this year cole is better than lamelo your going to pass on him because he's 6'3 lmao....
Is Cole better?

Props for admitting you misspoke.

I had tagged you after that good game DSJ has the other day, not gonna go look it up that's water under the bridge at this point.

It's too early to definitively say who's gonna be better between the two but my money is on Cole.

Lonzo looked like the second coming in college but ran into a lot of issues in the league. I think LaMelo is gonna have similar issues with that unorthodox jumper of his

I remember having a PG argument in here last year or so, The argument was championship winning Superstar PGs versus championship winning role player PGs tho lol

Is Cole better?

we going to find out at the end of the year... just saying i wouldnt pass on cole cuz of his height is all im saying... but i just have a bad feeling about melo... lonzo was decent in college but now not so much... plus you have to deal with his headache of a pops... too much distraction going on there... if he puts up good stats in australia thats cool and all but im a judge him on his teams record at the end of the year since he is the starting point guard there...

Props for admitting you misspoke.

I had tagged you after that good game DSJ has the other day, not gonna go look it up that's water under the bridge at this point.

It's too early to definitively say who's gonna be better between the two but my money is on Cole.

Lonzo looked like the second coming in college but ran into a lot of issues in the league. I think LaMelo is gonna have similar issues with that unorthodox jumper of his
You both made a good point about some of the ways tall PGs have been overdrafted and failed to make an impact as well.

One game won’t change my mind on DSJ, it’s not his height that’s the main problem but his overall skill set at least until he makes some big leaps. THAT take of mine was most definitely not trash.

I have no real strong opinion about Lamelo, how could I? Haven’t seen the guy play. You’re right Lonzo is a big disappointment. I’m intrigued by the fact that he went through the **** he did with his dad and actually came out a better prospect. That shows strong character to me. Seems like a big risk though.

i used to have a lot of confidence in dsjr but now not so much... he does show flashes though so there is potential there... just like the rest of the guys on this team he seems like a project that will get better... some guys just show flashes more often... for example dsjr has had more better games than frank here imo... thats not saying much though... my point is if we going to give frank a shot and some of the other guys like knox and mitch then why not dsjr... we got him on a cheap rookie contract so minuswell see what we got... im not saying toss him the keys and dont draft a pg next year... im saying the opposite play him to see if he gets better but more importantly draft our pg of the future in 2020...

giphy.gif

Probably the opposite. Randle and Morris would look much better with Ja. At the same time though who knows, Fiz might have Ja isoing all game.

Back
Top Bottom