The Official 2020 NFL Offseason Thread - The Cleveland Steamer

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you know two twin chicks that’ll hook up with individual guys I figured but I think it’s not like, common :lol:

Team is young and rebuilding. Either find something with Minshew or most likely lose a lot and get their Q in the 2021 draft. No reason to pay large for Cam.

I honestly wasn’t thinking Newton, I was thinking they should have drafted a quarterback or signed Winston or Dalton.

Cam Newton is like whole culture shift with a franchise. Also Marrone is on a prove it season he has win. I think Winston/Dalton would have given him a better chance( higher reward) than Minshew (he would work on a more complete team.)

Last edited:
V surprised MVP of 5 years ago Cam isn’t among the 32 best QBs. He has to facilitate a new system that he gets to, and 32 teams haven’t jumped at that.

THE SEASON THERES BACK 2 BACK NINER GAMES IN NYC ISSA A DAMN PANDEMIC.

IM BOUT TO CRY.

Let’s see if these games are actually played. And with fans in the stands.

All I know is that with how teams and sites Iike stubhub have been acting about processing refunds for ‘postponed’ canceled games. I’m not buying tickets until the week or day of the game for the games I want to go to. I’m going through the run around with stubhub right now on some mlb stuff. Thankfully my billing address is in a state where I’ll be eligible for refunds on things.

Let’s see if these games are actually played. And with fans in the stands.

All I know is that with how teams and sites Iike stubhub have been acting about processing refunds for ‘postponed’ canceled games. I’m not buying tickets until the week or day of the game for the games I want to go to. I’m going through the run around with stubhub right now on some mlb stuff. Thankfully my billing address is in a state where I’ll be eligible for refunds on things.

I assume fans aren’t at games until some time next year.. I mean maybe someone does something stupid and it ends poorly.. but realistically and practically, I don’t think so til next year

as far as the games, if they can keep guys isolated and have access to testing and who knows about vaccines and access to them

but the stupidity/desperation of others may force more precautions before actions have to be taken

but I assume the season is going get pushed back

I assume fans aren’t at games until some time next year.. I mean maybe someone does something stupid and it ends poorly.. but realistically and practically, I don’t think so til next year

as far as the games, if they can keep guys isolated and have access to testing and who knows about vaccines and access to them

but the stupidity/desperation of others may force more precautions before actions have to be taken

but I assume the season is going get pushed back

I wouldn’t be surprised on that as well. I’m seeing people plan group ticket events and planning road trips. It’s just a recipe for disaster to me at this point.

Nfl crazy man. All these leagues crazy. None of these leagues gna start man. This thing isnt even under control. Thousands dying everyday still. I need for live tv besides the news and its not happening any time soon. They doing a great job pretending though

I wouldn’t be surprised on that as well. I’m seeing people plan group ticket events and planning road trips. It’s just a recipe for disaster to me at this point.

im curious to see what college teams do

but trump is desperate and there are a lot of stupid.. so while I think nfl would be willing to do stupid too, others will do it before them and scare them

I honestly wasn’t thinking Newton, I was thinking they should have drafted a quarterback or signed Winston or Dalton.

Cam Newton is like whole culture shift with a franchise. Also Marrone is on a prove it season he has win. I think Winston/Dalton would have given him a better chance( higher reward) than Minshew (he would work on a more complete team.)

Makes sense from Marrone's angle and no idea about the GM or if he's tied to him. I insinuated Cam, but either way, Dalton makes no sense there. Winston I could see, because he's still young, but that just convinces me more they'd rather see what they have in Minshew and if it fails, go Q in '21. Either way, Cam, Dalton, or Winston will be much more expensive than Minshew....probably don't have an appetite to pay a guy on a team looking towards the future.

CAFE25F2-8677-4ADD-BA90-B08B049BA770.jpeg

I think we see fans in the stands in some capacity this year for better or worse.

going be interesting as hell.. and scary.. But I’m more worried about the college kids

states are going to continue to take different approaches.. and college coaches are already looking for any little advantage they can get at the expense of the welfare of those kids

but you’re going have a very dangerous combo.. entitled and dumb fans, desperate and dumb politicians and players without real power

Season definitely gonna happen. I don't even think we'll see a delayed start to the NFL season.

I'd be surprised though if any large spectator events (+10,000) take place this calendar year.

V surprised MVP of 5 years ago Cam isn’t among the 32 best QBs. He has to facilitate a new system that he gets to, and 32 teams haven’t jumped at that.

I don't think most teams are assessing whether he's still good or not or overhauling their system, it's a matter of if he's healthy. Similar to the dolphins and the drew brees situation. Both talented QB's that were let go by their teams because of injuries.

You get Cam on a team that desperately needs a new QB and he will make them better. However, most franchises aren't willing to take a risk on a QB that hasn't been healthy since 2017.

Here's a question worth discussing. How unmotivated do you think the players will be on the field if stadiums are empty? Meaning, how much of the game do we think will be hindered?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom