The Official 2020 NFL Offseason Thread - The Cleveland Steamer

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dunno. seems like every new QB deal ups the bar in terms of AAV. started with Flacco.

Definitely true, donèt know if anyone's ever gonna touch that though in the future

Mahomes had literally everything going for him performance and age wise to get that kind of deal. He earned it but In wouldn't be surprised if that stays the biggest deal for a while

This might be a reach but I think a major reason the KC was able to foot this bill is Tyreek Hill.

Hill was looking at 100ms that all the info of alleged abuse came out. When that story died down the Cheifs slide in with the low ball offer he had to take.

Thank goodness the Niners are in the NFC.

i dunno. seems like every new QB deal ups the bar in terms of AAV. started with Flacco.
This deal might have a league wide effect the same way Bradys deal had a team wide effect for the Pats.

No one on the Pats (sans Revis, I don't count Gilmore) could fix their face to get a bag from Bill when the GOAT has been taking a discount for the past decade.

Mahomes is an Alien, no one is getting that kind of deal

Lamar, dak and deshaun

1594074057960.gif

Why would a QB that’s 0-2 in the playoffs while completing 51% of his passes, with a 1:1 TD to INT ratio and has been sacked 11 times be getting a $500M deal? Lol

My thing is... how are he and his agent the FIRST ones to finesse a contract like this??? No one has ever thought this up? 477 guaranteed? Dudes can’t even 70 guaranteed.

This finna cause a A LOT of jealousy in the NFL and I’m here for it :pimp: :pimp:

My thing is... how are he and his agent the FIRST ones to finesse a contract like this??? No one has ever thought this up? 477 guaranteed? Dudes can’t even 70 guaranteed.

This finna cause a A LOT of jealousy in the NFL and I’m here for it :pimp: :pimp:
I think more recent discussions of how MLB and NBA contracts are structured paved the way for that much of a guarantee to happen.

Hope guarantees continue to grow for NFL players.

League has never had a golden boy like this though.

Only 24, only has started 2 seasons and has an MVP and Superbowl.

If things would've swung a little different dude could had 2 MVPs and 2 Super Bowls by now.

Not controversial, doesn't get in trouble.

Low key has a Jeter effect too.

2 other thoughts.

If im Chris Jones, Imma need a trade

I don't know if id wanna give Lamar a bag bag, Hell maybe not even Watson.

They're both better than Dak, but Lamar is an elite runner and it only takes one hit.

Watson has already tore up both knees.

League has never had a golden boy like this though.

Only 24, only has started 2 seasons and has an MVP and Superbowl.

If things would've swung a little different dude could had 2 MVPs and 2 Super Bowls by now.

Not controversial, doesn't get in trouble.

Low key has a Jeter effect too.

im just saying. We usually see 50, 60 million guaranteed. Cousins got 3 years 90. 500 million makes all that obsolete :lol: :lol:.

10 years, 330 guaranteed? Cool. 500???? That boy just broke ever mold. The year 2020 keeps getting crazier.

when the last time was a football player the highest paid pro athlete?????

He's not wrong ive said that in this thread myself. Matt Ryan is a very good quarterback who's had a very good career. But very good does not equal a hall of fame player.

The best argument for Matt Ryan to get in the hall of fame is that there's already "consistently good to very good" guys in there but shouldn't be in there so why not him too.

Last edited:
So year to year guarantees. If he stays healthy that’s a clean sweep. If he suffers a major injury or regresses really bad let’s say after year 5, they can cut ties

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom