THE OFFICIAL 2024 DALLAS COWBOYS OFF-SEASON THREAD || Full Schedule Revealed

You never know... people were saying the same thing last year about hitchens... I think we should give ekpre olomu and Malcolm brown a chance now

The first 2 rounds were epic picks..

After that, I'm not happy about it. Thought there were needs we could fill with better guys on the board. At 3,4,5 & 7

But It's hard to be too mad, because they had a plan and stuck to it. Which is better than not having a plan, and just picking like ********.

But man I think 3 & 4 could have been much better picks..

But I also hated the Hitchens pick last year at the time, so what the hell do I know.

Last edited:
Current Depth Chart. I don't think they have him play ahead of Carr to start, if he shows out, possible. Or if Carr gets cut. The Cowboys could also move him to Free Safety, but considering the struggles of our DB's, he'll be a DB. Slid him right in front of Mo. If we could get Carr to take that paycut, we have a really deep team at DB.

really deep team at DB? a lot of those guys are AVG as hell

I factored how much we'll be paying as well. If Carr is what he's getting paid now, then looks worse.

But my terms of depth doesn't mean we could replace a # 1 Corner, but I think we have enough guys who do something particularly well that we could sustain injuries.

Last edited:
Final Update of the Depth Chart:

Round 1: Byron Jones - Have him as the # 3 because Mo isn't ready game 1. Not sure it really matters. I think both will be specific backups to Scandrick & Carr.

Round 2: Randy Gregory - Is a starter due to Hardy's suspension. BUT when Hardy comes back will still see a lot of playing time.

Round 3: Chaz Green - Immediately moved to the backup behind Free. Just a better talent than Dill & Miller. Also they see him as a future starter at RT, so probably should have him immediate backup. Still think this was a wasted pick.

Round 4 - Damien Wilson. Put as Weakside backup because of problems with Downhill running attacks. But they want him to be what Hitchens was last year, so he'll bounce around all over the LB corp with the hope that he could be good enough to play multiple spots like Hitchens. More I read, the more I appreciated this pick.

Round 5 - Ryan Russell. Seen as a good edge rusher. Has a ton of physical skills, but hasn't put it together. There are A LOT OF DE's on this roster which will make for interesting competition in camp between Crawford & Russell. Crawford was solid last year when he played before injury, but Russell seems to have some physical tools that can be useful. Ben Gardner likely gets cut, or moved to practice squad if he doesn't become a DT.

Round 7 - Mark Nzocha - Rawer than sex without a condom. Played MIKE in college, but just doesn't have that talent to do so in NFL at this point. Will make the roster, but likely as a Special Teams guy which is where he is seen to fit.

Laurence Gibson - May beat out Dill & Miller, may not. Likely moved to practice squad. But he'll play swing tackle. Because God forbid anything happens to Tyron, they won't have Green or Gibson do it. If it's short term they'd roll the dice with Weems, long term would have to put Free there. And Green + Gibson would be the RTs.

Geoff Swaim - Let me first start by saying, I have a distrust for people named Jeff spelled Geoff for some irrational reason. And by the way can we trade James Hanna or cut him at some point :lol: He's been here forever for pretty much nothing. Every year seems like somebody new pops up and took his spot in the depth chart, except for this season.

To improve the team going forward before the start of the season.

1. Get that Dez extension done before camp. Just pay him the money. Get it over with. Cannot risk losing him.
2. Restructure Carr to take a paycut, or cut him.
3. Re-sign C.J. Spillman who apparently isn't signed yet. Need that depth at the Safety position
4. Sign C.J. Mosley to a 1 year deal. Would be probably the 4th DT. Gives us a really good Rotation on the Line.
5. Pick 3 of the 4 Running Backs. Let Dunbar, Randle & Williams compete, and take only two. Then go out and see what you can do in terms of getting someone here on a 1 year bargain.

Last edited:
Round 1: Jones has all of the tools to be great he's big strong and fast bUT otherwise unproven

Round 2: Gregory has a semien Rice ceiling but floor is he never plays a game in the league

Round 3: I actually like green think when healthy he's much better than parnell but he has foot/ankle issues the reason he was available in the third

Round 4: I'm not super familiar with his on from what I've seen he plays with good instincts and makes plays... plays faster then his measurable's suggest same as hitch

Round 5: Ryan Russell, weird quib like above, I have trust issues with any man who has two first names, that being said when he played in a 4-3 he looked really good not as exciting when he played the five tech, nature of the beast I guess. Watch him against ND and zack Martin it will show you he belongs... persuess the play very well for a big man kind of reminds me of another boiler maker that recently left this team

Round 7: never seen this dude play so I can't really comment right now but I play on checking him out

Last edited:
And by the way can we trade James Hanna or cut him at some point laugh.gif He's been here forever for pretty much nothing. Every year seems like somebody new pops up and took his spot in the depth chart, except for this season.
I guess you don't remember how good he was at run blocking this past year.

I guess you don't remember how good he was at run blocking this past year.

Hanna gets no love but is a strong contributor to this teams running game

Say what you want about the backfield but I don't think this team will have to run quite as much as last year anyway. This defense won't need to be protected like last season, they should be able to get off the field on a few more third downs.

*****I'm not saying they should throw the ball every down either, but may be able to be a bit more aggressive offensively

That Twitter thing will blow over...

When we in full swing of the season Hardy and Gregory will be ok, since it seems they need football to command thier focus. In the off season though... Jerry gonna need a strong leash.

Last edited:
Hanna's replacement was drafted, Cowboys are no longer paying these contracts like before. They address through the draft. They'll pay you "big money" for a 2nd stringer release the starter, make said 2nd stringer a starter. Draft, replace old starter, then rinse and repeat.

Last edited:
So u got my tickets for the Miami game I'll be selling my tickets for the Atlanta game soon let me know if interested 4 together lower sideline

looking for tiks to week4 in N.O.

tickets are super pricey compared to previous games I have been too.. smh.. wonder why the increase at the superdome.

Top five undrafted free-agent signings after 2015 NFL Draft

By Chad Reuter
Draft analyst

1. Dallas Cowboys: WR Antwan Goodley (Baylor)
Goodley's statistics were down in 2014 (60-835-6, vs. 71-1,339-13 in 2013) and will actually see some competition with fellow free-agent signees George Farmer (USC), Deontay Greenberry (Houston), Nick Harwell (Kansas) and Lucky Whitehead (Florida Atlantic). But his ability to both work the middle of the field and get deep with sub 4.5-speed at 209 pounds could bring comparisons with undrafted-to-Pro Bowl receiver Victor Cruz.

Goodley's Draft Profile:

OVERVIEW
In 2014, named honorable mention All-Big 12. Had 8 catches for 158 yards and two touchdowns in big win over TCU. Invited to play in 2015 Senior Bowl. Selected first-team All-Big 12 in 2013 and led team in catches, receiving yards and touchdowns. From 2011-2012, made six starts and led the team in kick-return yardage both years. Redshirted in 2010. Played wide receiver and defensive back in high school. Was starting point guard for the basketball team and ran 200-meter dash and 4x100 and 4x200 relays.

ANALYSIS
STRENGTHS Big-time vertical speed and explosiveness. Can open up his hips and stride past corners on vertical routes. Played more on the outside in 2014, but has taken plenty of snaps in the slot. Desired body control. Excels at catch-and-run game. Goes from wide receiver to running back instantly after the catch. Breaks tackles and is always looking to hit the home run after the catch. Offers unique versatility. Has played outside, from slot and had 8 carries for 71 yards as a senior. Has burst to post that cornerbacks need help with over the top. Can climb the ladder and attack the ball at high point.

WEAKNESSES Inconsistent hands. Lets ball beat him up too often. Must prove he can catch the ball in traffic. Limited route exposure while at Baylor. Allows scheme and his speed to get him open and must improve at getting out of his breaks with purpose. Will give halfway effort on routes sometimes when he knows he's not going to be targeted. Has frame to be a physical run blocker but doesn't attack. Height might limit him to playing primarily in slot. Might require a patient offensive coordinator.

DRAFT PROJECTION Round 4

NFL COMPARISON Jermaine Kearse

BOTTOM LINE Goodley is a top-heavy wide receiver with a running back's frame and an ability to make teams pay after the catch. The biggest concern in scouting circles is how quickly he can adapt to NFL routes and how his hands will hold up if he's asked to make his living over the middle of the field in traffic. Goodley isn't the talent that Percy Harvin is, but he can be used in some of the same, creative ways.

Top five undrafted free-agent signings after 2015 NFL Draft

By Chad Reuter
Draft analyst

1. Dallas Cowboys: WR Antwan Goodley (Baylor)
Goodley's statistics were down in 2014 (60-835-6, vs. 71-1,339-13 in 2013) and will actually see some competition with fellow free-agent signees George Farmer (USC), Deontay Greenberry (Houston), Nick Harwell (Kansas) and Lucky Whitehead (Florida Atlantic). But his ability to both work the middle of the field and get deep with sub 4.5-speed at 209 pounds could bring comparisons with undrafted-to-Pro Bowl receiver Victor Cruz.

Goodley's Draft Profile:

Dwayne Harris replacement?

Seems so they have like 4 or 5 receivers as UDFA.

If Goodley can't be a 5th due to size make him KR/PR. And use someone else as 5th WR. Or live with Goodley as the 5th. He actually doesn't need to do anything as a 5th WR.

Not like Dev Street needs to do a lot to reproduce Harris as a WR as our 4th WR

Last edited:
Did not think Damien Wilson would go before David Cobb, but you guys got somebody that gets 10-15 tackles a game without anybody remembering a single tackle. Efficient. No flash.

If they can get Collins to jump on a deal. :wow:

As for RB a friend sold me on McFadden at least being decent. He's not a Boys fan at all. But he's convinced McFadden will have a really good year. And made a good sell.

Last edited:
McFadden is not a bad RB he cant stay on the field is the problem, no way in hell can trust him to carry a heavy work load like murry did last year or anything close to that. one thing tho is you can use him as a receiver out of the backfield

If they sign Chris Johnson, we'll get enought between the two of them to be just fine for a year.

So as an UDFA, the max La'el Collins can get $1.57mil for 3. But can renegotiate after 2nd season.

If Cowboys could convince him to come here, my goodness.

Back
Top Bottom