THE OFFICIAL 2024 DALLAS COWBOYS OFF-SEASON THREAD || Full Schedule Revealed

One thing about Dak is he's got to do better job at feeling pressure in the pocket. Bengals, Packers, and Steelers fumbles all came from it. Not to mention Free getting beat on damn there each of those plays...smh. He's good at adjusting week to week so hopefully he gets better at it.

free time is up he has got to go.

giphy.gif

3069892-3574376428-Ari-G.gif

He's arguably the best quarterback in franchise history. And every week we've heard the media talk about the incoming QB controversy. Romo saying it's Dak team and Dak is our QB was the only thing that would put the thing to rest.

Last edited:
He's arguably the best quarterback in franchise history. And every week we've heard the media talk about the incoming QB controversy. Romo saying it's Dak team and Dak is our QB was the only thing that would put the thing to rest.

Only by people that just started watching. Troy and Roger are way better.

Romo isn't even better than Danny White

Troy and Danny White... LOL.

Troy was 100% a product of everything around him. Good QB that played up because of his surroundings.

Romo flat *** carried this team for parts of the last decade.

Troy and Danny White... LOL.

Troy was 100% a product of everything around him. Good QB that played up because of his surroundings.

Romo flat *** carried this team for parts of the last decade.

To 8-8, 9-7 records most years.

Romo my guy forever. Can't even begin to explain all the feels I got when he stepped up to the podium making  reading that generic *** statement. People will never appreciate dude and that's real unfortunate 

Do we gotta necessarily get rid of Romo? ...what's wrong with having 2 good QBs ...there is a possibility that our offense would be even better with Romo at the helm, although Dak is deadly at the read option.

Its that contract that puts him in this position, maybe he'll restructure it to stay on this team until he retire.

One of these games I assure you Romo will be much needed and appreciated.

I think he'd rather go to another team and start rather than restructure...

I've been reading alot of romo to Denver articles...one can only hope he lands on his feet in a situation like that..

Who is that in your avy quad quad ? The god mc? Nasty nas?

Last edited:
I think he'd rather go to another team and start rather than restructure...

I've been reading alot of romo to Denver articles...one can only hope he lands on his feet in a situation like that..

Who is that in your avy quad quad ? The god mc? Nasty nas?

The first God MC, Rakim.

To 8-8, 9-7 records most years.

Which would be 2-14 and 1-15 records without him.

Holy **** at revisionist history.

But how many QBs have won less over a career while playing with multiple Hall of Fame players, Witten, TO, maybe even Demarcus Ware.

I just don't buy the overall narrative that Romo is the greatest Cowboys QB ever and one of the greatest QBs of all time but his team has held him back his whole career. While a QB like Eli has 2 Super Bowl wins.

Last edited:
I got a lot of love for Romo, but his stats (like every other qb in todays game) should have an *

Romo was knocking down Cowboys all time records in 09. the game has changed so much.

He had a weak defense, weak offensive line (wasn't until 2013 that they became decent with Frederick joining Tyron and 2014 for them to become great) and weak running back (Demarco in 2014) for almost his entire career.

But hey he had a 33-35 year old WR. A TE. And 1 defensive player.

Last edited:
He had a weak defense, weak offensive line (wasn't until 2013 that they became decent with Frederick joining Tyron and 2014 for them to become great) and weak running back (Demarco in 2014) for almost his entire career.

Talk to em

Let em know 

This.

Not to mention those are skill position players and we all know being stout in the trenches is what matters most. I'm the biggest TO supporter in the world and I still think at 42 he could play at a high level but it was obvious he was on the decline. When we got to Cincy, even though he had 9 TDs and 983 yards, his worst season in Dallas (which is when he got the boot) was 10 TDs 1000 yards.

Romo holds records for the most absurd things that paint the picture that the teams around him have failed.

For example, Romo is the first QB in NFL history to have a QB rating over 100 for the season and his team NOT make the playoffs. Think about that stat for a second. So every single QB in NFL history that at least has a QB rating over 100 has made the playoffs. Except Romo in 2011 when he had a QB rating of 102.3 4th best in the NFL behind only Brady Rodgers and Brees.

Teams were also 140-0-2 when their QB throws for 500 yards and 5 TDS. That record is now 140-1-2 with the only loss belonging to Romo. To piggy back on this, Romo is the only QB in NFL history to pose a QB rating of 140 or better and to suffer two losses, which is the only two losses when a QB poses this stat in NFL history.

The Romo slander is based on the botched snap in Seattle and zero facts. Everytime someone says something like "Romo chokes in big games" ask them right on the spot to name 4 or times in which he's "choked" in big games. They can't do it. But I can give you 5 times Brees, Rodgers, and Manning have all thrown end of game picks that were NEVER scrutinized. The only one people can fenerat bring up is the 2012 Washington game which he threw an INT when the linebackers came Scott free up the middle. Again, this was work Macenzie Bernardeau at center and Tyron's first year at LT in which he was terrible.

Romo has made some very crummy teams average. And the numbers prove it.

What did Romo do when he had a good line and RB? Led the league in almost every QB statistic. Passer rating over 117, 34 TDs, 9 ints, just about 70 percent completed passes and almost a a TD to INT Ratio of 4-1. Romo was also an MVP candidate receiving several votes. Were it not for one of the most controversial calls in NFL history, Romo might be sitting with a ring. We already beat Seattle at their place and the patriots run defense was ranked between 15-20 that year.

Besides all that, people forget the beating Romk's body has endured. This man took an injection the week before EVERY GAME in 2014. That **** ain't healthy man. He's probably going to be a cripple at 45 unfortunately.

Yet, he receives [unjustified] disrespect.

Last edited:
Great summary, people that say Romo isn't great simply do not WATCH the game, they get all of their talking points from espn. At this point I'll liken him to Dan Mario, just a shorter career.

This.

Not to mention those are skill position players and we all know being stout in the trenches is what matters most. I'm the biggest TO supporter in the world and I still think at 42 he could play at a high level but it was obvious he was on the decline. When we got to Cincy, even though he had 9 TDs and 983 yards, his worst season in Dallas (which is when he got the boot) was 10 TDs 1000 yards.

Romo holds records for the most absurd things that paint the picture that the teams around him have failed.

For example, Romo is the first QB in NFL history to have a QB rating over 100 for the season and his team NOT make the playoffs. Think about that stat for a second. So every single QB in NFL history that at least has a QB rating over 100 has made the playoffs. Except Romo in 2011 when he had a QB rating of 102.3 4th best in the NFL behind only Brady Rodgers and Brees.

Teams were also 140-0-2 when their QB throws for 500 yards and 5 TDS. That record is now 140-1-2 with the only loss belonging to Romo. To piggy back on this, Romo is the only QB in NFL history to pose a QB rating of 140 or better and to suffer two losses, which is the only two losses when a QB poses this stat in NFL history.

The Romo slander is based on the botched snap in Seattle and zero facts. Everytime someone says something like "Romo chokes in big games" ask them right on the spot to name 4 or times in which he's "choked" in big games. They can't do it. But I can give you 5 times Brees, Rodgers, and Manning have all thrown end of game picks that were NEVER scrutinized. The only one people can fenerat bring up is the 2012 Washington game which he threw an INT when the linebackers came Scott free up the middle. Again, this was work Macenzie Bernardeau at center and Tyron's first year at LT in which he was terrible.

What did Romo do when he had a good line and RB? Led the league in almost every QB statistic. Passer rating over 117, 34 TDs, 9 ints, just about 70 percent completed passes and almost a a TD to INT Ratio of 4-1. Romo was also an MVP candidate receiving several votes. Were it not for one of the most controversial calls in NFL history, Romo might be sitting with a ring. We already beat Seattle at their place and the patriots run defense was ranked between 15-20 that year.

Besides all that, people forget the beating Romk's body has endured. This man took an injection the week before EVERY GAME in 2014. That **** ain't healthy man. He's probably going to be a cripple at 45 unfortunately.

B Betonblck head is so far up Dak's *** that he can't comprehend none of the above mentioned. :smh:

Last edited:
Reactions: S4L
The Romo slander is based on the botched snap in Seattle and zero facts. Everytime someone says something like "Romo chokes in big games" ask them right on the spot to name 4 or times in which he's "choked" in big games. They can't do it.

This X100

That Seattle game had two huge mistakes before the Romo botched snap. One specifically being Terry Glenn fumbling in our own endzone.

Romo dealt with Jason garrett's horrible playcalling as well.

This.

Good data and good discussion going here. You make some good points.

BTW, Drew Brees had a passer rating ofor 101 in 2015 and they missed the playoffs. Philip Rivers did in 2010 too. With the rule changes, QB ratings are inflated and we will see this happen even more often.

On January 1, 2012 Matt Stafford threw for 520 yards and 5 TDs, and they lost to Green Bay.
I watch the games and what I see is a QB in Romo that at many times made plays that were good for his stats but not good for the team. Such as taking bad sacks, holding the ball too long scrambling and getting holding penalties on the oline

For example, that last drive against Pitt, Dak threw a pass to Wittens feet so it would land incomplete rather than Witten get tackled for a 1 yard gain. That play hurts Daks stats but it is the smart football play that you need from your QB.

Last edited:
January 13th, 2008: Divisional Round loss to New York. Romo's game-ending INT ending the cowboys season in a game they should have won (T.O crying that's my QB)
December 30th, 2012: Divisional decider against wsh ********, Romo throws 3 INTs

Other Week 17 disasters under Romo that ended our season or made us miss the playoffs: 2011 31-14 loss to Giants (Romo didn't show up) 2008 44-6 loss to the eagles ( Nobody from the cowboys showed up/team quit/Romo leader on team....)
December 7 2008 week 14 loss to Pittsburg: cowboys have lead Romo throws a bunch of terrible passes, team blows 17 point lead then Romo throws game ending Pick 6.

October 27, 2013: Cowboys up by 10 points late in fourth quarter, Romo turnover and a bunch on 3 in outs leads to Detroit last second TD to win game.

I can keep going..............
Tried to stick to only the important games that Romo threw us out off that we were the favorites.

Most of those games came down to desperation drives due to 3 quarters of 3 and outs and mediocre QB play.

Can message full game footage so you can see game in full and not YouTube highlights.

Dont get me wrong I like Romo and respect his stats but in December and January when all the games have a lot on the line is when he played his worst.

Last edited:
January 13th, 2008: Divisional Round loss to New York. Romo's game-ending INT ending the cowboys season in a game they should have won (T.O crying that's my QB)
December 30th, 2012: Divisional decider against wsh ********, Romo throws 3 INTs

And this is a perfect example of the unjustified scrutiny that Romo continously receives.

January 2008, it was 4th and 11 with no time let on the clock, and we were at the 50 yard line. It was literally a 'hail mary' (all or nothing) play. Would you have preferred him to check it down to Witten and pad his stats with no time remaining.

The ******** "Win and In" situation I'll give only because of the picks, although we also gaveup over 250 yards on the ground rushing. And again, the linebacker came up the middle UNTOUCHED.

Other Week 17 disasters under Romo that ended our season or made us miss the playoffs: 2011 31-14 loss to Giants (Romo didn't show up) 2008 44-6 loss to the eagles ( Nobody from the cowboys showed up/team quit/Romo leader on team....)
December 7 2008 week 14 loss to Pittsburg: cowboys have lead Romo throws a bunch of terrible passes, team blows 17 point lead then Romo throws game ending Pick 6.

"Romo didn't show up" is completely subjective which goes back to my original point of how he is unfairly scrutinized. He had a QB rating of over 100 that game. Our defense was getting murdered that entire game. Actually, this is the same year in which the Cowboys were up on the Giants at home with only 5 minutes to go with the infamous Miles Austin 'lost it in the lights' situation. Romo led us down the field in 40 seconds without any timeouts for Dan Bailey to kick a GW fieldgoal which he did. The GIants called a time out, Bailey kicks it again and its blocked by JPP. Romo had a QB rating over 140 this game as well.

December 2008 I'll give you only because of the "game ending INT" but both teams offenses were atrocious that day. Ours made sure to be worse. Ben converted a 3rd and 27 deep pass on Terrence Newman. The Steelers defense also averaged 14.2ppg that season.

October 27, 2013: Cowboys up by 10 points late in fourth quarter, Romo turnover and a bunch on 3 in outs leads to Detroit last second TD to win game.

This is completely false. The Cowboys were not up by 10 in the 4th quarter. This was the game that our defense allowed a 85 yard TD drive in 58 seconds when Matt Staffford 'fake spiked' the ball only to hurdle over our defenders. This was the game Demarcus Ware grabbed Dez on the sideline and 'choked him up.'

The game you are refering to is the 2011 Lions game in which we were up by multiple points by half time. Romo threw ill advised picks this game. But I was never indicating Romo never had a bad game. I was pointing out the fact that people says he always throws these late game INTS to end games which is completly false. I can get a list of games in which Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers have all thrown multuple INT games throughout the regular season. I think its unfair to hold Romo to a standard in which he isn't able to have a bad game when the aforementioned QBs can.

I can keep going..............
Tried to stick to only the important games that Romo threw us out off that we were the favorites.

Most of those games came down to desperation drives due to 3 quarters of 3 and outs and mediocre QB play.

Can message full game footage so you can see game in full and not YouTube highlights.

Dont get me wrong I like Romo and respect his stats but in December and January when all the games have a lot on the line is when he played his worst.

You're going to have to try again because the only game which was considered "important" in which you could make the case that Tony caused the game ending INT is the 'Win and in' situation with Washington. The game in Pittsburgh wasn't for the division as we still had the division in our grasp until the game against Philly which was 44-6. Funny you blame this game on Romo too despite the fact that the entire team quit (This was the game Tank Johnson was smiling on the sidelines saying he was a free agent).

The point is that people pick and choose what games are considered "important" to put Romo in a negative light which even when you do so, those games are so far between you can find that with just about any QB not named Manning, Rodgers, and Brady.

I have all the games on my hardrive as well as DVR. The Detroit 2013 game I was watching the other day

Cguy16, I got the stat mixed up as it was a QB rating of 102 or better not 100. Also, was Stafford's QB rating 140 or higher when he poses those stats because that was part of it as well?

Back
Top Bottom