THE OFFICIAL 2024 DALLAS COWBOYS OFF-SEASON THREAD || Full Schedule Revealed

And this is a perfect example of the unjustified scrutiny that Romo continously receives.

January 2008, it was 4th and 11 with no time let on the clock, and we were at the 50 yard line. It was literally a 'hail mary' (all or nothing) play. Would you have preferred him to check it down to Witten and pad his stats with no time remaining.

The ******** "Win and In" situation I'll give only because of the picks, although we also gaveup over 250 yards on the ground rushing. And again, the linebacker came up the middle UNTOUCHED.
"Romo didn't show up" is completely subjective which goes back to my original point of how he is unfairly scrutinized. He had a QB rating of over 100 that game. Our defense was getting murdered that entire game. Actually, this is the same year in which the Cowboys were up on the Giants at home with only 5 minutes to go with the infamous Miles Austin 'lost it in the lights' situation. Romo led us down the field in 40 seconds without any timeouts for Dan Bailey to kick a GW fieldgoal which he did. The GIants called a time out, Bailey kicks it again and its blocked by JPP. Romo had a QB rating over 140 this game as well.

December 2008 I'll give you only because of the "game ending INT" but both teams offenses were atrocious that day. Ours made sure to be worse. Ben converted a 3rd and 27 deep pass on Terrence Newman. The Steelers defense also averaged 14.2ppg that season.
This is completely false. The Cowboys were not up by 10 in the 4th quarter. This was the game that our defense allowed a 85 yard TD drive in 58 seconds when Matt Staffford 'fake spiked' the ball only to hurdle over our defenders. This was the game Demarcus Ware grabbed Dez on the sideline and 'choked him up.'

The game you are refering to is the 2011 Lions game in which we were up by multiple points by half time. Romo threw ill advised picks this game. But I was never indicating Romo never had a bad game. I was pointing out the fact that people says he always throws these late game INTS to end games which is completly false. I can get a list of games in which Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers have all thrown multuple INT games throughout the regular season. I think its unfair to hold Romo to a standard in which he isn't able to have a bad game when the aforementioned QBs can.
You're going to have to try again because the only game which was considered "important" in which you could make the case that Tony caused the game ending INT is the 'Win and in' situation with Washington. The game in Pittsburgh wasn't for the division as we still had the division in our grasp until the game against Philly which was 44-6. Funny you blame this game on Romo too despite the fact that the entire team quit (This was the game Tank Johnson was smiling on the sidelines saying he was a free agent).

The point is that people pick and choose what games are considered "important" to put Romo in a negative light which even when you do so, those games are so far between you can find that with just about any QB not named Manning, Rodgers, and Brady.

I have all the games on my hardrive as well as DVR. The Detroit 2013 game I was watching the other day

Cguy16, I got the stat mixed up as it was a QB rating of 102 or better not 100. Also, was Stafford's QB rating 140 or higher when he poses those stats because that was part of it as well?

Well written post, I respect your knowledge of the game and see some of your points.

Romo is going down in Cowboys history just like Bret Farve did in Greenbay.

Farve has incredible stats and even a Ring with Greenbay but there is always going to be Packer fans that aren't happy and say Farve threw them out off games and they should have won more than 1 Super Bowl.

With Romo I'm one of the half empty fans who thinks we could have achieved more.

Romo has great stats but when I think about his career I just think of a lot of missed opportunities.

Well written post, I respect your knowledge of the game and see some of your points.

Romo is going down in Cowboys history just like Bret Farve did in Greenbay.

Farve has incredible stats and even a Ring with Greenbay but there is always going to be Packer fans that aren't happy and say Farve threw them out off games and they should have won more than 1 Super Bowl.

With Romo I'm one of the half empty fans who thinks we could have achieved more.

Romo has great stats but when I think about his career I just think of a lot of missed opportunities.

I hear what you're saying. And I respect your opinion. I'll be honest I may be a little more biased because of the torture we went through from 2000-2006 Romo felt like a godsend. Especially considering he might have left with Sean Payton.

At the end of the day, we're 8-1 and the class of the NFC. Hopefully we can keep this up.

One thing I admire about Dak is he seems very "no nonsense". I was surprised when he grabbed Dez in the Cleveland game and kinda told him to chill.

Good read...it's no surprise to some that a rookie qb has some maturing to do on the field... some things gotta be learned thru experience...

The good thing is he gets better every week, and you rarely see the same mistake twice from Dak(besides fumbling the rock)...so I'm confident he can improve on those nuances to his game...

The timing routes and diagnosing defenses will come naturally as he plays more. Those are just rookie mistakes that get worked out with more experience imo. And dak has proven to be a smart player so I'm sure he's aware of these things, and actively working to fix what he can in season...

8-1.. #2 offense in the NFL...and we can still improve...imagine that.

Last edited:
Reactions: S4L
I saw that article on blogging the boys. Most of the criticisms are on timing and Dak is real cautious and will wait and make the throw a little late to make sure the WR is wide open or does the comeback route.

This also why he has only 2 INTs on the year.

Last edited:
I'm more so excited that other than # 2 WR, and that's debatable with how great Cole had been and Witten being reliable.

We don't have to draft a single soul on offense.

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind a 2nd WR but the defense is deff top priority in the draft .

Im really high on lucky. speed kills we just gotta get him in space. But neither him butler or cole should be the 2 imo

Last edited:
October 27, 2013: Cowboys up by 10 points late in fourth quarter, Romo turnover and a bunch on 3 in outs leads to Detroit last second TD to win game.

as previously stated, you may be mixing up games.

We had a offensive holding call that kept the clock running....

and most of all, Calvin F!!!!n Johnson had 300+ yards receiving.

I was at that game :x

Can't wait for Romo to carve us up for 300 plus yards and 4 TDs the 1st time we play him 
nerd.gif

Best record in the league and dudes out here moping and sad because they are bigger fans of Romo than the team.

That article is proof of when winning 8 games in a row isn't enough, he also has to have perfect timing with a WR in Dez who has missed most of the season.

I'm actually starting to agree with Blackboyfly that some of this criticism is race based because dudes don't like a Black guy replacing Romo.

Just wait until we lose a game, the Romo fans will lose their minds.

I'm black. I wouldn't want Romo to come in now when Dak is playing well, not even if he had a terrible game or two. Next, it's not that I'm a bigger fan of Romo than the team it's the fact that so called "fans"are bashing Romo when he was responsible for any excitement you've had for this team since he came in (outside of 2014 when the team started to come together). If Romo is traded I hope he continues to do well, I know the level of commitment, knowledge and toughness he had brought to the organization and I'm not willling to let people write him off that easily. Sorry brah.

While I'm a Romo fan, I can actually say that some comments I've read on Dak's Instagram do make it seem this situation is partially racially based.

But then again, you can always find idiots if you look hard enough.

Last edited:
Gonna be a tough one in Baltimore today. Strength vs strength.

I think our o-line wins the battle, again, and we keep our winning recipe going...9-1

And Antonio Ramiro Romo to Denver would be :pimp:

Last edited:
I really need to get redzone or something like that. No one wants to watch the damn Giants play. Living in NY during football season sucks.

Back
Top Bottom