THE OFFICIAL 2024 DALLAS COWBOYS OFF-SEASON THREAD || Full Schedule Revealed

Another 50 throws for Dak, another L... Fam went into the fourth quarter with 101 yards... piss poor...

which leads me to the defense... soft.. can’t stop the run... can’t tackle... can’t play the ball in the air.. can’t contain the qb... can’t stop a screen...TE in the middle of the field for a 7 yard gain is automatic against us, it’s always open... up the seam is always open...

everybody on D sucks, but the LB play just stands out to me...Jaylon in particular really really regressed...fam wouldn’t play the rock, overran plays, missed hella tackles, and can’t disengage from a blocker to save his life...

Defense was buns last night no doubt but still got 2 takeaways that weren’t capitalized on

Zeke was killing it before we went away from the run and Dak showed yet again that he ain’t the guy to lead you to wins

Hope we franchise tag this guy into oblivion

Idc who it is, I don’t want my QB throwing 50 rocks... that ain’t the recipe for success...

Unless you’re the GOAT, u lose the majority of games with 50 attempts... the average qb only wins 23% of games with 50+ attempts...

1575654963095.png
1575654963095.png

Defense was buns last night no doubt but still got 2 takeaways that weren’t capitalized on

Zeke was killing it before we went away from the run and Dak showed yet again that he ain’t the guy to lead you to wins

Hope we franchise tag this guy into oblivion
Zeke was playing well but when your down 24-7 in the second half you are forced to abandon the run.

defense is the issue with this team right now. When you can’t stop the other team from scoring it doesn’t matter what Zeke/Dak do on offense.

It all goes hand in hand...

Three and outs, missed FGs, weak as special teams giving up field position, flags killing drives... it’s all interconnected man...

No way to watch last nights game and say the offense was good enough...no.. they sucked... the qb sucked...

It’s a long list of guys who sucked, the offense isn’t absolved from blame just because the defense sucked more...

We had plenty of chances to score as Chicago ran up the score... nothing but three and outs, punts, incompletions...

It all goes hand in hand...

Three and outs, missed FGs, weak as special teams giving up field position, flags killing drives... it’s all interconnected man...

No way to watch last nights game and say the offense was good enough...no.. they sucked... the qb sucked...

It’s a long list of guys who sucked, the offense isn’t absolved from blame just because the defense sucked more...

We had plenty of chances to score as Chicago ran up the score... nothing but three and outs, punts, incompletions...
True, as bad as the Cowboys were last night one or two stops would have at least gave them a chance to tie the game late. However who is to say they would have been able to score if they got the opportunity :frown:

also I am sick and tired of seeing Jerry Jones being interviewed after the loses on every media outlet.....dude is starting to look and sound like Star Wars Sith palpatine

Dudes are tired of carrying Garrett
Belichick would be undefeated with this team
Tomlin would be 10-2 with this team
Sean Mcvay would average 30pts a game with this offense
Andy Reid would be coach of the year with this team
Brian Flores would be 7-6 at worse with this team
Ron Rivera would still be coaching if he had this team

Watching the 49ers vs Saints today, the reason why both teams are doing well and getting better is the confidence the organization’s had to give Payton and Shanahan complete control of their Franchise..... Never going to happen with the Cowboys Jerry did that once with Jimmy Johnson and he hated every minute of it cause he had no control.

I want nothing to do with full control to a coach like Jason Garrett. It has to be the right coach for things like that.

Yes. Dak is still good.
Yes. They should pay him.

He had a bad game, as did everyone else. Yet still got us within striking distance. And the coaching staff called a horrific call on 4th & 8 with a bad personnel set

Yes. Dak is still good.
Yes. They should pay him.

He had a bad game, as did everyone else. Yet still got us within striking distance. And the coaching staff called a horrific call on 4th & 8 with a bad personnel set
Ah yes

The old “he almost” argument that Skip Bayless been spewing for every loss all year

clearly he’s deserving of much more than the franchise tag :lol:

Let’s do it this way. Without Dak, this team is nowhere near 7-8.

Romo was an entirely different QB, and this is a similar outcome to his entire career.

Different QBs, similar weapons, same results. What’s the common denominator?

This year: 2nd in Yards, 5th in TDs, 4th in Yds/Att, 11th in Rate, 4th in QBR

Last year was he only gets 200 yards a game, no TDs, it’s all short routes.

He’s giving a great season, and it was squandered by coaching and worst in the league special teams.

So even with the “almost” argument. The man deserves to be paid.

Let’s do it this way. Without Dak, this team is nowhere near 7-8.

Romo was an entirely different QB, and this is a similar outcome to his entire career.

it’s not the QB it’s the Head Coach.

2nd in Yards, 5th in TDs, 4th in Yds/Att, 11th in Rate, 4th in QBR

He’s giving a great season, and it was squandered on coaching and worst in the league special teams.

So even with the “almost” argument. The man deserves to be paid.
Miss me with those numbers when he only puts them up while we’re down 3 scores

Also, Dak is 6th is passing yards not 2nd

Romo never had teams as good as the ones Dak has had

Garrett ain’t the one throwing the ball at Zeke’s feet on screen plays or overthrowing and throwing behind receivers every single time

This blind defense for QB that’s accomplished absolutely nothing but a Campbell’s Chunky soup commercial is hysterical to me

How can you watch this dude play and confidently say “yup, that’s my 35 million dollar QB” ?

Give me a break man
Dak has shown NOTHING this season that could be used as an argument to pay for him

Franchise tag this dude until he learns how to thrown a decent ball that travels more then 6 yards in the air

proably his worse game of the year

but yall get rid of the dak people what better options is there out there
Don’t wanna get rid of Dak by any means

But dude is not worth the $30-$40 mil he’s going to try and command this off season

“Until he learns to throw the ball downfield”

Many statistical measures fly directly in the face of how stupid this angle of the argument against Dak is.

Dak was second going into today passing yards. And Goff just played. Rivers was over 300 yards back.

Romo had talented teams most of his career.

Team is 2nd in the league in drops. Even having an admittedly MEH game from Dak. At the very least there’s a Cooper drop hit his hands and then his chest that ended a drive. Witten hit his hands wide open ended a drive. Gallup dropped a perfect deep pass.

He’s been a Pro Bowl level QB his whole career. You pay the man.

The argument for not paying him, but franchise him is a bad one. Don’t pay him $30mil, franchise him for $24mil. Then have to start a long term contract a year later than need be. It’s a bad argument even if you’re iffy on him.
The longer you wait to pay him, the more difficult you will make it to win with him, or win with someone else if you think you need to move on in a few years.

Back
Top Bottom