THE OFFICIAL A I R M A X DELUXE THREAD

I’m glad to see a few posting that colorway, was going to cry if it was women’s only

Got to see and hold a pair of Deluxe today. Sole is not transluent. They are defenitelly longer than my Air Max 98 as I was wearing a EU 43 am98 and the Deluxe EU 42 was same widht but slightly longer. Midsole had a nice shimmer too it that I don’t think you really see in the pictures. The upper had a more nylon feel too it than I expected. I didn’t get to try it on, only compared soles against the am98 I was wearing.
All this is good news to me... other than the sole of course. Pics I've seen look far less metallic, glad to hear there's still a noticeable shimmer on the midsole. Also very glad to hear the uppers are not flimsy. OGs had a very dense nylon upper with little to no stretch in the material. Almost like an extremely high denier ballistic mesh.

One thing to look out for though is the embossed ribbing details. After moderate use, due to the lack of stretch; the OGs tended to lose the ridges near the toe. Sizing up might be a good option to reduce stress on the toe box if you plan on wearing these a lot.

36810378_257090718437257_1763325881666764800_n.jpg

I really wish Nike would release that OG blue pair later on so the hype would die for them. Paying retail for this shoe might kill me.

^I hear ya man. I don't mind paying retail, but don't want to jump through hoops to do so, especially considering how cheap I got my OGs way back when.

I dig this colorway and I'll do what it takes, but it's never been my favorite. Looking forward to some black based colorways and really crossing my fingers for the grasshoppers, cool grey/varsitys and some flame/flash print uppers.

Tbqh, I hope Nike runs this silhouette into the ground. There are endless possibilities for new colorways and screen prints. Wouldn't mind catching some shelf warmers on deep disco down the road.

They were sitting in some of the few EU stores that released early.

I bet they go on the desktop site in the afternoon and can be purchased with 25-30% off coupons.
Might pull the trigger then, even tho I think we will see them on the sale racks for half price in september tbh

Was trying to stick to OG colorways only, but these really grabbed me with the blue and yellow swirls.
IMG_0874.JPG

Plus the top of the heel piece looks like Thanos' chin :lol:
IMG_1011.JPG

Gonna be a good rest of the summer, thanks Nike for finally bringing this model back. :nthat:

Where are these? I wanna cop these OD. They're so fire lol.

Edit: never mind.. realized/remembered they are womens.. cant fit them.

Last edited:
Money ain’t the problem, I’m tired of the fake limited and restock BS Nike does to sell shoes at full price.

I also have a hard time paying $200 for shoes that were $39 back then. I want the blue pair bad but I’ll probably sit these out. I’ll survive if I don’t get them. They’re fire though.

This is really a mood all 2018.

Back
Top Bottom