THE OFFICIAL A I R M A X DELUXE THREAD

I never rocked with the ballistic deluxes. I know the white/whites were a womens colorway. Were the grey ones as well?

That Eastbay :smokin

Black/neon 2000s and Celery 99s are a must.

Still have a pair of the OG celerys and firefly 99s, but never owned the 2000s.

The OG Tailwind 5 never did it for me but the 5+ is one of my all time favorites, and def in desperate need of a retro.

Speaking of the Tailwind... It's got to be one of the most confusing lines Nikes ever had. The OG TW dropped in what, 79? Then got homage in 92. Then the TW 2 dropped in 96, and another version, also called the 2, dropped the next year. Then the TW3. Then the IV was the first with Tuned Air in 99... followed by the 5, pictured above. Then a 5+ featuring the same midsole with new upper. To complicate things further, there was a city pack IV released in 01 with a different upper AND a IV+ released around 06. The VI also used two uppers and the intraicies of the VII and VIII I'm not familiar with. Then sometime around 09/10 Nike revamped the whole line again, leaving us with another 8 or 9 TW models in the past decade.

I'd really like to compose a pictorial timeline of this line sometime... but By the time I did that, I'm sure there would be another dozen TW shoes to add in the time it takes to get the pics together :lol:

That Eastbay :smokin

Black/neon 2000s and Celery 99s are a must.

Still have a pair of the OG celerys and firefly 99s, but never owned the 2000s.

The OG Tailwind 5 never did it for me but the 5+ is one of my all time favorites, and def in desperate need of a retro.

Speaking of the Tailwind... It's got to be one of the most confusing lines Nikes ever had. The OG TW dropped in what, 79? Then got homage in 92. Then the TW 2 dropped in 96, and another version, also called the 2, dropped the next year. Then the TW3. Then the IV was the first with Tuned Air in 99... followed by the 5, pictured above. Then a 5+ featuring the same midsole with new upper. To complicate things further, there was a city pack IV released in 01 with a different upper AND a IV+ released around 06. The VI also used two uppers and the intraicies of the VII and VIII I'm not familiar with. Then sometime around 09/10 Nike revamped the whole line again, leaving us with another 8 or 9 TW models in the past decade.

I'd really like to compose a pictorial timeline of this line sometime... but By the time I did that, I'm sure there would be another dozen TW shoes to add in the time it takes to get the pics together :lol:

You are so right man, this line have confused me so much:rofl:

BRING THEM BACK NIKE ! ! ! !

Nike really needs to bring back everything from 98-00

98 TL and the Tuned Air Max

IMG_0856.JPG
IMG_0865.JPG

Last edited:
AIRMAXDISCIPLE AIRMAXDISCIPLE man I hope the beast don’t come out for these

yesterday was a sh1tshow w/Gundam 98’s smh.
this shoe will deff attracts some hype and the usual annoying hypebeasts, its coming back for the first time and if i see how the IG users positive response underneath the AM DLX pics on IG at the comments section, the demand is quite big for them i think, when we are close hitting the RD the thread will deff get more crowded but it will deff take a while before we are getting there, im gonna get my 3 pairs (with pulse if possible) if not also good but 1 thing im not gonna do is pay resell for them and if it needs to i am even prepared to camp for them, i will gonna do what i need to do, to get them for retail or below

Back
Top Bottom