The Official Adidas D Lillard 1

Guess you guys gonna have to get these if the heel slip is still a problem. Might pick up the black pair.
adidas-Dual-Threat-BB.jpg

http://weartesters.com/adidas-dual-threat-bb/

8.5, 10, 10.5, and 12 Rip City on FTL/Eastbay if anybody still need a pair. You can get a free pair of Lillard socks or any brand that's up to $15 with code LKS1533L.

Last edited:
The all white pair is 
pimp.gif
 Similar to the all star Jordan releases

> the all stars for me. The black in those looked like it didn't belong.

the other colorways of this shoe make the launch shoe so much worse 

that patent and color combo was just bland and cheap looking in hindsight, someone should have spoken up at the meeting and said "this is probably not the best introduction to our new model" forreal 

Last edited:

the other colorways of this shoe make the launch shoe so much worse 

that patent and color combo was just bland and cheap looking in hindsight, someone should have spoken up at the meeting and said "this is probably not the best introduction to our new model" forreal 
I don't think the bred colorway was terrible but its nothing special. I agree about it not being a good introduction compared to other sigs. HOL/NSRL, KP lebron 11, SP kd 6, usa kd 7, MP kobe 9, Sulfur kobe 8, Dream and DR kyrie. Nothing was worse than the gym red xx9 tho, I don't think

Last edited:
Can't complain about getting team colors first. Nike won't give to you, gotta make them on iD.

I actually like the Rip City and All Stars the most. Dame had a red based pair with black and white accents on against the Wolves tonight. Feeling those too.

I'm in for another pair depending on the colorway. I enjoy wearing this shoe a lot.

Looks like Adidas did away with that extra strap at the bottom of the laces--probably as a result of it not aligning properly with the laces. Haven't given these a shot yet, and I'm admittedly concerned about the heel slippage, but I'd like to give the Rose City a shot. Hopefully that strap was purely for aesthetics; I do think it looks better without it, and will cause people to be less OCD.

Last edited:
I agree that the Rip City is a solid 1st entry into the ring, especially in a Blazers colorway. Makes sense. Too much is expected with these wild colors that have zero to do with a team's colors. Sometimes less is more. How many times has Nike slapped a South beach color on something since the LeBron 8? Same with the blk/pink Yeezy color way. This entry level model has done pretty well, especially against brand mate John Wall's sig. And if I recall the D Rose 1 had plenty of patent leather and they did relatively well. Not everyone wants these loud flamboyant colors or a special color for every holiday on the calendar.

Last edited:
Lillards kicks way better than Jwalls and kyries.

n i tell u they also look better than the Air zoom generation..

great looking casual kicks n there cheap!!?!?!!?!!

Man these get uncomfortable throughout long sessions.  Ran a good 3+ hours in them.  I don't think we're supposed to be playing that long regardless of the shoe, so they aren't really at fault.  For a few games they are perfectly fine for me.

But if I keep playing, since I lace them so tight, that lace pressure gets really uncomfortable and I have to unlace them after every game.  A far cry from the CF Drive and Curry 1 in that sense.  It's still a very fun shoe to me overall.

cosign.  I would even go as far as to say the Lillard 1 is the best looking basketball shoe released at of the sig models this season.

eek.gif
 what?

I guess everyone has their own opinion.... I mean the shoe is straight, it doesnt look any different from where adidas has been in the past with other performance basketball models, only difference is Lillard is wearing it/has his name attached...... Its also a decent price so i guess thats a win.

Would rather hoop in the CUrrys, or the Curry lows that drop in July. 

eek.gif
 what?

I guess everyone has their own opinion.... I mean the shoe is straight, it doesnt look any different from where adidas has been in the past with other performance basketball models, only difference is Lillard is wearing it/has his name attached...... Its also a decent price so i guess thats a win.

Would rather hoop in the CUrrys, or the Curry lows that drop in July. 
i have all 3. and id say the lillard looks the best out of all 3.

but yo i like the currys too. id take the curry pair over kyries n brons first pair anyday. lol

Man these get uncomfortable throughout long sessions.  Ran a good 3+ hours in them.  I don't think we're supposed to be playing that long regardless of the shoe, so they aren't really at fault.  For a few games they are perfectly fine for me.

But if I keep playing, since I lace them so tight, that lace pressure gets really uncomfortable and I have to unlace them after every game.  A far cry from the CF Drive and Curry 1 in that sense.  It's still a very fun shoe to me overall.

Are you wearing Elite socks? Does it alleviate the lace pressure?

Lillards are a fresh design but J Walls has them in the fit department. The cushioning is slightly better than the Lillards too. All imo of course. Kyrie, Wall, Curry and Lillard has their own strength and weaknesses. The low price point is the real winner.

Yeah, Nike Elites. Doesn't help much, but again, not many shoes will stay comfortable for that long of a stretch in my experience.  CF Drive is one of the very very few that does from recent experience.  Kobe VIII's felt similar to the Lillards, the lace pressure would get bothersome.

Maybe double socking would help as KobeAfro mentioned.

I'm a Blazers and Lillard fan so I have to think if I wasn't, I'd be much harder on the shoes.  But that price point and the Lillard tie in makes me love the damn things.

Back
Top Bottom