THE OFFICIAL ADIDAS THREAD OF JAMES HARDEN - VOLUME 8 IN LOS ANGELES (CLIPPERS)

Should Vol. 2 have a new thread or keep it here?

• Here

Votes: 56 73.7%
  • New

Votes: 20 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No need to be rude guys it was my opinion. 140 is above average for a lot of people and that maybe is why hardens arent selling as much as PGs or kyries.. Itd be smart if adidas made the price lower simply cause hardens were nowhere near selling as much as nike athletes. Especially since nike still maintains to be the norm for majority of basketball sneakers. I compared the vol2s to NMDs because obviously NMDs are insanely popular for only 120 retail that have around the same amount of boost as vol2s and have way more attention than any adidas basketball sneaker. Adidas would have to think OUTSIDE the basketball community considering adidas is still below nike im basketball. I dont think the average person or even a basketball person would pay 140+ for the shoe that proclaims to be "ugly" by the internet. Hope u guys can actually respect my opinion plz
Please stop making claims and not providing legitimate sources. Please show me where Kyries and PGs outsold Harden. adidas doesn't care about the Basketball division as much as their Originals brand. Their money makers are Superstars and Stan Smiths. They sell millions of pairs of those shoes each year: https://www.gq.com/story/adidas-best-selling-sneakers-2015-yeezy-stan-smith-superstar

They made about 10-75k pairs per CW of the Harden Vol. 1, depending on the exclusivity. I know because I used to do marketing for adidas.

Do the math, they can sell 15 million pairs of $80 Superstars in a year. Do you really think they care if 50k pairs of $140 Hardens don't sell? adidas has less than 5% of the market share for bball shoes (https://finance.yahoo.com/news/adid...ker-market-share-nikes-expense-153106743.html). They could raise the price to $150+ and sell half the stock and not care a single bit because it won't even be a blip on the radar. They're not gaining on Nike because of the basketball division. So in the grand scheme of things, they're perfectly fine with maintaining the aura/appearance of the Harden line as a top signature shoe by pricing it as such.

man i hope not. the jerseys already dull *** white and black.. hope he wears the orange ones so it stands out. i don't want it blending in with the rest of the kit.
Yea i see what u mean. That orange colorway would be a great way to introduce the vol2s to everyone. Though i do hope a black and white colorway releases later on. (Besides the one that are leaked theyre not too good imo)

Please stop making claims and not providing legitimate sources. Please show me where Kyries and PGs outsold Harden. adidas doesn't care about the Basketball division as much as their Originals brand. Their money makers are Superstars and Stan Smiths. They sell millions of pairs of those shoes each year: https://www.gq.com/story/adidas-best-selling-sneakers-2015-yeezy-stan-smith-superstar

They made about 10-75k pairs per CW of the Harden Vol. 1, depending on the exclusivity. I know because I used to do marketing for adidas.

Do the math, they can sell 15 million pairs of $80 Superstars in a year. Do you really think they care if 50k pairs of $140 Hardens don't sell? adidas has less than 5% of the market share for bball shoes (https://finance.yahoo.com/news/adid...ker-market-share-nikes-expense-153106743.html). They could raise the price to $150+ and sell half the stock and not care a single bit because it won't even be a blip on the radar. They're not gaining on Nike because of the basketball division. So in the grand scheme of things, they're perfectly fine with maintaining the aura/appearance of the Harden line as a top signature shoe by pricing it as such.
Ah i see. Thanks for the info. I deeply apologize to everyone for what i said, i was simply judging from several communities' thoughts about adidas basketball.

20180120_173049_HDR-1.jpg 20180120_173144_HDR.jpg

How do they feel?

I would say they were quite snug.
I liked how they are like the Harden 1's in width. My feet are kinda wide.
The toe material is hard to descibe but you can move your toes easier than the leather on the Pioneer 1's which I was wearing.

I wonder if they broke street date? Because before I bought them, I didn't see them online anywhere.

Saw these on IG. Harden B/E 2. They look a little more basic than the first version, but I still dig em overall. Hope they will come to the US as I like Bounce over Boost.

Attachments

• 20180120_221840.png
    20180120_221840.png
    764 KB · Views: 30
The toe material is hard to descibe but you can move your toes easier than the leather on the Pioneer 1's which I was wearing.

I wonder if they broke street date? Because before I bought them, I didn't see them online anywhere.
More cushion than the Vol. 1? Or similar to the LS model? Also how's the traction?

Yup that's my first pick up, ibas 2

Finishline doesn't give af they release early lol. Seen Dame 4 white/gum and kd x city edition at local store before the drop date. I'll check this afternoon if they put them out.

Didn't plan on picking up any vol 2s but since the imma be a star was and still is my favorite colorway on the 1s might have to pick up the 2s

So these fit like Vol. 1s did for wide footers? Same width? Im a wide footer and was thinking the vol 2 would fit more snug and narrow. If these are as smooth and wide as gol 1 then im copping.

So these fit like Vol. 1s did for wide footers? Same width? Im a wide footer and was thinking the vol 2 would fit more snug and narrow. If these are as smooth and wide as gol 1 then im copping.

1st try for about a minute I would say same width, but lil more snug due to the inner construction.
I am size 12 and it fits me comfortably, with a lil extra toe room, width good as Harden 1 when I break them in.
Also: I went to Baybrook and they did not have them on the shelf.

Back
Top Bottom