THE OFFICIAL ADIDAS THREAD OF JAMES HARDEN - VOLUME 8 IN LOS ANGELES (CLIPPERS)

Should Vol. 2 have a new thread or keep it here?

• Here

Votes: 56 73.7%
  • New

Votes: 20 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have some what of a semi-wide foot and the Lillards were pretty tight. So the Hardens might fit tighter right? I wonder if they will stretch after playing in them? I Really want to play in boost. =\

Yeah when i tried them on I had to go down a half size for the length but then it felt pretty tight on my right foot (which is weirdly a little wider than my left). I'm sure after it breaks in a bit that it'll stretch and feel better.

Got a chance to try them on last night at Finishline. Here are my observations:
- Super plush and comfy. Compared to vol. 1, it has almost double the boost. It might actually be as plush if not more than the Crazy Explosives. I tried on the dame 4s after trying these on and the dames felt like bricks!
- Lockdown is amazing. The bootie really hugs the heel and ankle.
- Tongue is VERY padded and adds to the comfort
- Lacing system was really nice. With all the lace loops, you can lace them up any way you want.
- Runs narrow and long. I normally wear 10.5 but had to go down half size due to the length. But going down a half size made it feel tight on the sides of my feet. Staying at 10.5 left about 1.5-2 inches of space between my toes and the end of the shoe. The material that goes over the forefoot isn't all that stretchy so hopefully that stretches out over time for us wide footers.
- Traction seemed to be great. The floors at finishline line were a bit dirty with salt stains. The shoe had no problem with traction when I tried to do little cuts.
In conclusion, this is definitely better than vol. 1 in my opinion. Super comfy, lightweight, great lockdown and materials seem to be excellent. My only issue is the fit. They seem to run a little too narrow and long for my fat feet. That being said, i'll probably stop by today and cop the size 10 and see if it stretches out over time.

Thanks. This is very helpful. I'm about ready to get some new hoop shoes and these sound promising. Looking forward to detailed performance reviews..

this makes me happy!

DUWNHeNVoAALuf1.jpg

I don't get why Harden is still wearing the Vol 1s in game. the launch is close, out already in certain places. still no press release, still no ads, they not bothering hyping it up like they did the vol 1s with the whole @ProjectHarden thing. seems like they are not interested in the shoe and don't have much faith in it at all.

he has worn the shoe while getting to the game but then switched it out to the V1s. he has also worn it for few practices. also i wonder how much input he actually had in the creation of the shoe. i feel like he wouldn't have used the dame 3 lacing system if he knew it was already used on dame's shoe.

I'm guessing they don't want him to wear the vol 2s on court til they have the official launch event if I remember right he wore crazylight 16s when the 16-17 season started then they had the launch event and he started wearing vol 1s on court

Got a chance to try them on last night at Finishline. Here are my observations:

- Runs narrow and long. I normally wear 10.5 but had to go down half size due to the length. But going down a half size made it feel tight on the sides of my feet. Staying at 10.5 left about 1.5-2 inches of space between my toes and the end of the shoe.

Uhm, if you got that much room going TTS, you don't know your TTS. A 10.5 with 2 inches of dead space on length means you should be wearing about a 7.

These are gonna be at ASW event held by adidas among other shoes. Any locals or out of towners going for the festivities?

Depends on ticket prices and other details. I hate going to downtown L.A. on regular days. All-star weekend festivities would be craziness. I mainly want to go to see Dame, Kareem and T-Mac, but they have a lot of big names on the list.

How do the vol. 1 LS feel in comparison to ultra boost?
More responsive, stable, and supportive. You can definitely hoop in them if you're <200lbs and light on your feet. Forefoot isn't as plush but the cushion is still there. In terms of fit, I'd go up half from your normal Nike size because they run narrow (think Curry 4). The materials are extremely premium but still minimal feeling (primeknit backed by neoprene). Unlike the UB however, you do need to lace these up everytime you put them on.

More responsive, stable, and supportive. You can definitely hoop in them if you're <200lbs and light on your feet. Forefoot isn't as plush but the cushion is still there. In terms of fit, I'd go up half from your normal Nike size because they run narrow (think Curry 4). The materials are extremely premium but still minimal feeling (primeknit backed by neoprene). Unlike the UB however, you do need to lace these up everytime you put them on.
Yeah I echo what he said. Was surprised on how light they were when I first played in them, it's not the most supportive but it's an amazing ball shoe, just wish there were a bit more boost in em though.

Teal CW could be great if that's white primeknit on it.

Missing the leather toe cap though.

Back
Top Bottom