THE OFFICIAL ADIDAS THREAD OF JAMES HARDEN - VOLUME 8 IN LOS ANGELES (CLIPPERS)

Should Vol. 2 have a new thread or keep it here?

• Here

Votes: 56 73.7%
  • New

Votes: 20 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I attempted to play a game in them but the fit and traction didn't work for me at all. I was in a dusty gym and they were painful. I gave up on them pretty quickly before I can pay attention to the cushioning.

I did try on the Marquee Boost in-store sunday. Those felt pretty soft underfoot.

This is just MY preference though. I like zoom bouncy cushion when I'm playing ball and more stable consistent boost cushioning while I'm running. I probably just realized this last week lol. I purchased some Lebron 16s (bred) and Jordan 18s (OG colorway) over the weekend lol.

I just need more cushion in the forefoot. Those are really low and firm. My friend plays in them and loves them though. He rotates multiple pairs. He's not a very explosive player though and relies on shiftiness. He also really likes the Hardens and Kobe 8s.

Nice, I was just curious because I am the exact same as you; need good forefoot cushion because of age but also like to feel it at least. I was playing in the Rare Metals and those were nice but just a tad too low in the forefoot compared to my Vol 2. The Vol 2 Boost can be felt in the forefoot for me right now, but it has started to feel a bit firmer as I have broken them in so idk how they will feel with time. The Rose 6 felt like Zoom to me in the forefoot but the Boost died within a month for me.

I attempted to play a game in them but the fit and traction didn't work for me at all. I was in a dusty gym and they were painful. I gave up on them pretty quickly before I can pay attention to the cushioning.

I did try on the Marquee Boost in-store sunday. Those felt pretty soft underfoot.

This is just MY preference though. I like zoom bouncy cushion when I'm playing ball and more stable consistent boost cushioning while I'm running. I probably just realized this last week lol. I purchased some Lebron 16s (bred) and Jordan 18s (OG colorway) over the weekend lol.

I just need more cushion in the forefoot. Those are really low and firm. My friend plays in them and loves them though. He rotates multiple pairs. He's not a very explosive player though and relies on shiftiness. He also really likes the Hardens and Kobe 8s.

Thank you for the info!

Nice, I was just curious because I am the exact same as you; need good forefoot cushion because of age but also like to feel it at least. I was playing in the Rare Metals and those were nice but just a tad too low in the forefoot compared to my Vol 2. The Vol 2 Boost can be felt in the forefoot for me right now, but it has started to feel a bit firmer as I have broken them in so idk how they will feel with time. The Rose 6 felt like Zoom to me in the forefoot but the Boost died within a month for me.

Thats interesting. I kind of thought if I had a pair of boost bball shoes with a nice cushion feel, they would last a long time. It sounds like they bottom out like any other foam shoe. I have a pair of JC2s that I'll shoot around in from time to time (triple black). The cushion is really soft and comfy but the upper isn't supportive enough. I never tried the rare metals but I did try the BB Delta because I thought they looked cool. Those things were bricks!

I'm trying to work on my leg strength and balance, really. I want to go back to wearing literally anything on court lol

Finally got a chance to test out the Vol. 3's today on court, no actual games just shooting around and ball handling drills trying to break them in.

They feel a bit snug, but not in a bad way. Really good, not great lockdown and support. I was on a typical dirty LA Fitness court and these picked up a fair amount of dust but after a quick wipe they were good to go. Maybe personal preference, but I wish there was a little more thickness to the forefoot cushioning, like something similar to the CLB 2016. Lighter, less cushioned, more flexible, and upgraded traction compared to the Vol 2’s. Hopefully I'll be able to get some full court run in them tomorrow and see if my initial thoughts still hold up.

D2B7A144-2B3A-4EFA-A4B7-E5604E24C36F.jpeg

My nearest store had these marked down 50%...I had a creator 20% discount which got me down to $61 after taxes....Groupon has a deal on Adidas gc right now...buy one for $35, get a $15 free.

So after the dust settled I paid $46 ($35 Groupon + $11.31difference) for mine. Going all out for a deal, it’s the #NT way!

WHAT??

Is this sale still going on in LA?

Not sure.

But best bet, just give em a call in the morning, I do know that the Adidas Groupon deal is still active. If you haven't signed up for the Adidas newsletter, do that for a 15% off coupon. You can get em pretty close to what I paid if you do those two things.

First hoop session in the books...zero complaints, these are some really good performers. They check all the regular boxes...traction, fit, support, etc. Honestly I think it comes down to whether or not you like Boost cushioning. Super responsive and great impact protection, just not overly springy like Zoom...I’ll definitely be adding these to the rotation for the time being

First hoop session in the books...zero complaints, these are some really good performers. They check all the regular boxes...traction, fit, support, etc. Honestly I think it comes down to whether or not you like Boost cushioning. Super responsive and great impact protection, just not overly springy like Zoom...I’ll definitely be adding these to the rotation for the time being

I thought the CLB 2016 didn’t have great forefoot cushioning either? Would you say those have the best forefoot Boost without bottoming our or the Vol 2?

I thought the CLB 2016 didn’t have great forefoot cushioning either? Would you say those have the best forefoot Boost without bottoming our or the Vol 2?
Yeah the CLB forefoot cushioning was pretty thick by Adidas standards, those and the Rose 6 were pretty nice...most of their shoes seem to have a noticeable drop off from heel to toe cushioning, especially the Rose 7 and CE 16’s. I can see how some people wouldn’t like it, because you don’t get a bounce back in return it does feel kinda dead but you have to compare it to a foam based cushion like Lunar or Cushlon. I think it’s right up there with those two, maybe better feeling overall

Yeah the CLB forefoot cushioning was pretty thick by Adidas standards, those and the Rose 6 were pretty nice...most of their shoes seem to have a noticeable drop off from heel to toe cushioning, especially the Rose 7 and CE 16’s. I can see how some people wouldn’t like it, because you don’t get a bounce back in return it does feel kinda dead but you have to compare it to a foam based cushion like Lunar or Cushlon. I think it’s right up there with those two, maybe better feeling overall
I looked at Fastpass but I don’t think they showed how thick the CLB2016 forefoot Boost was. I know the Vol 2 was supposed to have the thickest forefoot Boost I believe. I also loved the Rose 6 forefoot but it firmed up on me in a month so I was hesitant to try anything Boost related until the Vol 2.

Good stuff. Yea, I’ve seen that but it doesn’t have a pic of the actual thickness measurements of the CLB2016. I think the Vol 2 is nearly 15.95. From that pic, it looks like they might be close.
You may be right about the Vol 2 being thicker, maybe it just feels lower because of the added Boost volume in the heel

Back
Top Bottom