THE OFFICIAL ADIDAS THREAD OF JAMES HARDEN - VOLUME 8 IN LOS ANGELES (CLIPPERS)

Should Vol. 2 have a new thread or keep it here?

• Here

Votes: 56 73.7%
  • New

Votes: 20 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
they’re TTS (with thick elite socks) I’d say, half a size down might work too depending on your foot shape, but you risk having mild discomfort in the mid foot due to the elastic band. There might be some space at the front but the shoe really locks you in and there’s zero heel slippage

IMG_20191023_205016_926.jpg

I was under the impression that these glowed in the dark. Needless to say I was let down. Hopefully I can get a run in them over the weekend. My biggest issue with the Harden line is that there does not seem to be a progression/evolution to the line - it seems like more of a completely new shoe every year without much carry-over.

I was under the impression that these glowed in the dark. Needless to say I was let down. Hopefully I can get a run in them over the weekend. My biggest issue with the Harden line is that there does not seem to be a progression/evolution to the line - it seems like more of a completely new shoe every year without much carry-over.

It's cause they keep changing up designers for the shoe. vol 1 was brian foresta, vol 2 was Rashad Williams, now vol 4 is Nick Daiber. so that's why the shoe is very different with every volume.

Midsole looks like a circus peanut.

thapointguy thapointguy thanks for the heads-up, picked up the barbershops for $99 shipped early yesterday morning before that deal expired

If I like them, I might be in for those zebra/gum joints

Agree that it does feel like an entirely new shoe each year. I do feel the transition from 2 to 3 wasn't as pronounced though.

The pinks were available through early access on the app for me so I went ahead and ordered them in TTS. Can’t wait to try these on the court. The Kobe Protro 4s are my current go-to for hooping.

Last edited:
pink lemonades literally just dropped here at midnight, still not avalaible on the app, and ADC says size 14 is gone already? Wtf?

Safe to the say the Kobe 4s is way popular than the overdone, gimmick NXT fastfit inside the league.

Haven't seen demar in nxt fastfit and he's usually in the latest Kobe stuff.

Lowry last night had the green ones on. Tongue is so big. Don’t like the look of these in foot

got my pink lemonades! So fire. These are half a size down compared to the barbershop pair I got, just trying them on in the office (while my colleagues make fun of the color, lol) they seem to fit fine. Tight in the midfoot with the elastic band but length and width wise they are perfect. The barbershop pair has broken in a bit in the meantime and I think I'll feel better in the half a size down pair.

got my pink lemonades! So fire. These are half a size down compared to the barbershop pair I got, just trying them on in the office (while my colleagues make fun of the color, lol) they seem to fit fine. Tight in the midfoot with the elastic band but length and width wise they are perfect. The barbershop pair has broken in a bit in the meantime and I think I'll feel better in the half a size down pair.

Glad you like your two pairs. I can see how some people could go 1/2 size down since the shoes run a little long. My pair of barbershops in my true size killed my midfoot, so no way I'm considering going down 1/2 size on my next pair.

I have sensitive feet for balling and unfortunately, Adidas doesn't work me. I couldn't make it through a game with the (pink) v4s this past Wednesday and as well as this morning so I will sending them back unfortunately.

I had similar issues with the vol 1 as well as the vol 3, although not as bad.

I will be sticking with my Kobe 4 protros.

I have sensitive feet for balling and unfortunately, Adidas doesn't work me. I couldn't make it through a game with the (pink) v4s this past Wednesday and as well as this morning so I will sending them back unfortunately.

I had similar issues with the vol 1 as well as the vol 3, although not as bad.

I will be sticking with my Kobe 4 protros.

What's sensitive feet?

All sounds good but the longevity of the Lightstrike is something I’ll have to keep my eyes on. If overtime people say their Lightstrike is holding up I’ll have to take a look, but until then Boost has had great longevity in my Vol 2 so far.

IMG_20191102_001048_754.jpg

Took them for a spin in a rec game last night. Solid performer but nothing stood out. Good fit in upper with elastic under laces but takes a little effort to get laces tightened. Traction good with no slipping. Cushion adequate - not too soft and responsive enough. Tongue kind of odd. My first thought is they are a slightly upgraded D.O.N. Issue #1 with a slightly better cushion and upgraded upper - fit is very similar. If I had to compare/rate them with recent Adidas models I would say not as good as a N3xt L3v3l but better than Lillard 5, Rose 9 or D.O.N. Issue #1. I'd say it would be a toss up between the Harden 3 vs 4 if I had to pick one - I didn't love the Harden 3 heel and I don't love the Harden 4 tongue. Basically keeps up with the trend of Adidas making solid b-ball shoes but nothing that makes me want to double up or pay retail prices for.

Back
Top Bottom