THE OFFICIAL ADIDAS THREAD OF JAMES HARDEN - VOLUME 8 IN LOS ANGELES (CLIPPERS)

Should Vol. 2 have a new thread or keep it here?

• Here

Votes: 56 73.7%
  • New

Votes: 20 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
adidas and their marketing and product placement blows my mind. I went to the flagship adidas store today in The Galleria in Houston, TX. It’s our #1 mall. They had ONE color of the 4s. ONE COLOR. No Harden clothes. To top it off, they were hidden in some display other than the main shoe wall. They were having 25% off and I was hoping to score a few pairs. Instead I walk out and scratch my head. No wonder Nike crushes everyone else.

how's the performance of the iron man v3 compared to the normal mesh version? I see a pair available but ain't sure about the stiffer upper material + lack of strap. Also should i go the same size as the normal v3s?

how's the performance of the iron man v3 compared to the normal mesh version? I see a pair available but ain't sure about the stiffer upper material + lack of strap. Also should i go the same size as the normal v3s?

same size, noticeably stiffer, strap never did anything anyway. Material is like the Kobe/Crazy 1 and doesn’t really break in unless you wear them regularly. That said, they are a great pair to have in the closet, especially if you are a marvel fan.

I've got a Footlocker, Olympia Sports, and 2 Finishlines in my mall... Not a single pair of Adidas basketball shoes anywhere... It's a real ****ing shame...

Another one
Screenshot_20200315_124039.jpg

Lightstrike on my Vol 4’s is still holding up nicely. I really don’t have anything bad to say about this shoe...but nothing to rave about either. Got an email that adidas is running the 50% off promo again this weekend, for those who might be looking to pick up a pair for the low. Sign up for the ADC newsletter to the the promo code and you might walk out with a pair for under $60

😂 I wouldn’t personally risk being in large crowds right now, but hey let’s be real... I’m sure there are many who don’t care about social distancing. Either way, I’m just passing along the info

Lightstrike on my Vol 4’s is still holding up nicely. I really don’t have anything bad to say about this shoe...but nothing to rave about either. Got an email that adidas is running the 50% off promo again this weekend, for those who might be looking to pick up a pair for the low. Sign up for the ADC newsletter to the the promo code and you might walk out with a pair for under $60

How long have you been playing in your pair? I have been playing in mine for around 3 weeks and the Lightstrike lost its height from the first 3 days or whatever (which I expected), but has been fine ever since. Forefoot is low but still has enough impact protection to where I notice it’s there and gives a soft plush landing. I also knew the insole was also responsible for the for first few days of comfort and that that initial plush feeling would go away.

I personally still really love the Vol 4. I feel waaaaay more secure than in my Vol 3 (haven’t tried my black/white Cosmos pair yet), and although the cushioning isn’t as soft or bouncy or whatever as Boost, I still feel this has better impact protection because I don’t feel the same soreness that I would still feel in my Vol 3 and even Vol 2. My guess would be maybe those cushions were too soft for me (although they had great impact protection and I love them).

I guess stiffer cushions are better for me now that I’m older...

Last edited:
How long have you been playing in your pair? I have been playing in mine for around 3 weeks and the Lightstrike lost its height from the first 3 days or whatever (which I expected), but has been fine ever since. Forefoot is low but still has enough impact protection to where I notice it’s there and gives a soft plush landing. I also knew the insole was also responsible for the for first few days of comfort and that that initial plush feeling would go away.

I personally still really love the Vol 4. I feel waaaaay more secure than in my Vol 3 (haven’t tried my black/white Cosmos pair yet), and although the cushioning isn’t as soft or bouncy or whatever as Boost, I still feel this has better impact protection because I don’t feel the same soreness that I would still feel in my Vol 3 and even Vol 2. My guess would be maybe those cushions were too soft for me (although they had great impact protection and I love them).

I guess stiffer cushions are better for me now that I’m older...
I don't remember exactly when I first got my pair...ADC had them for $60 off retail back when Harden went off for 60 points earlier in the season, so sometime around then. Honestly just going off of memory I can't say that I notice any real difference between my initial time wearing them and the last time I wore them which was the other day. Because of the minimal cushioning setup, the Vol 4's aren't something that I really want to use when I'm doing a 2-3 hour hoop sessions but they're perfect for rec league games. I've been swapping insoles on all my Adidas shoes for years now and I think it does add a slight improvement to the forefoot area, but not much.

I don't remember exactly when I first got my pair...ADC had them for $60 off retail back when Harden went off for 60 points earlier in the season, so sometime around then. Honestly just going off of memory I can't say that I notice any real difference between my initial time wearing them and the last time I wore them which was the other day. Because of the minimal cushioning setup, the Vol 4's aren't something that I really want to use when I'm doing a 2-3 hour hoop sessions but they're perfect for rec league games. I've been swapping insoles on all my Adidas shoes for years now and I think it does add a slight improvement to the forefoot area, but not much.

That’s interesting because I actually prefer this over Boost, which is shocking because it does feel like less forefoot cushioning. I’m not sure why I feel less sore at the end of the runs (particularly in my groin and hips). With Boost it would be hard to walk when I get done (without a good stretch). With the Vol 4, even if I don’t stretch as well I am not sore at all.

I prefer the feedback of Boost and it being more “noticeable” in the forefoot, but the actual impact protection seems to work better for me somehow.

That’s interesting because I actually prefer this over Boost, which is shocking because it does feel like less forefoot cushioning. I’m not sure why I feel less sore at the end of the runs (particularly in my groin and hips). With Boost it would be hard to walk when I get done (without a good stretch). With the Vol 4, even if I don’t stretch as well I am not sore at all.

I prefer the feedback of Boost and it being more “noticeable” in the forefoot, but the actual impact protection seems to work better for me somehow.

So far I like Lightstrike after playing in the Vol 4s for a while. It has better impact protection and feedback for me than Bounce. It definitely doesn't feel as bouncy as Boost, but it's still good while being noticeably lighter. I haven't tried the Dame 6s yet to see how the thicker LIghtstrike feels. Does it rival Boost when thicker? Some reviewers think so. I'll grab a pair of the Dame 6s once there is an amazing deal on one of the pairs with solid outsoles and see how they feel side by side.

Adidas must have felt the heat (and backlash) as they’ve reverted their stance and now are closing their stores temporarily as a result of the virus.

JS”

Case in point why many businesses are falling in line with some of type of meaningful gesture throughout this ordeal. Whatever revenue is made throughout this social distancing campaign will pale in comparison to the stigma that will be attached to them long after this is over simply for going against the grain and coming across as insensitive, especially in a nonessential industry.

Not saying they aren't genuinely empathetic to everything that is going on but a lot of these corporations don't want any lingering negative PR and as result, will make a non-mandatory gesture to some degree to give the impression they are concerned about public safety.

Have these arrived for you yet? If so, how do they feel and is the sizing consistent with the other Vol. 4's you have?

got then in today.Didn’t have a 10.5 (my size on the barber shop) so I ordered a 10 and an 11. The 10 perfect lengthwise. The stripes are actually a band over the shoe and it’s not as stretchy as the regular version but they are still ok. I would say tts if you need a little length or half down if you like them snug.

Back
Top Bottom