THE OFFICIAL ADIDAS THREAD OF JAMES HARDEN - VOLUME 8 IN LOS ANGELES (CLIPPERS)

Should Vol. 2 have a new thread or keep it here?

• Here

Votes: 56 73.7%
  • New

Votes: 20 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just got the Barbershops Vol 4 for $66 total online with code ADIEXTRA. I figure might as well give them a try and if I don’t like them I’ll just send them back.

yeah few colors that cheap. not gonna even try em though, im all set.

this thread died

You can use mobile10 on the hardens to get the Patrick a little cheaper

Anyone know if or when the “Red Tails aka Spitfire” colorway is dropping?

0AFF8061-3B7A-4A53-874E-BFAB5C5AFB0A.jpeg

So first time playing in the Vol 4 last night for 2 hours....

I freaking love these, like a lot. I feel so much more secure than the Vol 3 mainly due to the heel lockdown (could’ve been the materials on my Vol 3 pair because they use the soft primeknit upper). The Lightstrike feels interesting, I’m not sure how to describe it. I won’t say it’s necessarily bouncy, although it does feel thicker in the forefoot than them Vol 3 Boost. I also feel less sore than my Vol 3. They feel low to the ground while also offering good impact protection and soft cushioning feel in the forefoot.

Traction wasn’t as good as the Vol 3 but better than the Vol 2; still good enough for me to feel confident doing my moves. These felt as light as the Vol 3 but more secure so I felt like how I use to feel in Kobe 8/9s but with more cushioning and support.

I was also lucky enough to get the last pair of Cosmos Vol 3 in a 9.5 (the black/white colorway). I am going to see how those fit and feel with the different material and cat tongue liner, but I have a feeling they won’t feel much different than my black blue Sees The Game Vol 3 due to heel lockdown.

Last edited:
Nice. The Vol 4s are really nice once/if you can get a pair that doesn’t strangle your midfoot. Just a nicely fitting, cushioned, and supportive shoe that I forget I’m wearing. The traction is not as good as the 3s but it’s still very good on my barbershop pair.

I like the Lightstrike cushioning - it’s better than bounce. I decided to playaround with some different insoles to see if I could get a more boost like feel. My two favorite options are the thin “boost” insoles from Hefeluxx and thin zoom insoles. Both just liven up the cushioning and feel better for long runs on my older knees. The zoom insoles are a little bouncier which is my preference, but you can’t go wrong with either.

Nice. The Vol 4s are really nice once/if you can get a pair that doesn’t strangle your midfoot. Just a nicely fitting, cushioned, and supportive shoe that I forget I’m wearing. The traction is not as good as the 3s but it’s still very good on my barbershop pair.

I like the Lightstrike cushioning - it’s better than bounce. I decided to playaround with some different insoles to see if I could get a more boost like feel. My two favorite options are the thin “boost” insoles from Hefeluxx and thin zoom insoles. Both just liven up the cushioning and feel better for long runs on my older knees. The zoom insoles are a little bouncier which is my preference, but you can’t go wrong with either.

I also have the Barbershops and I love them. I did have the midfoot pain but I just loosened my lacing and still had great lockdown (especially in the heel), coupled how wide they are. I did moves I normally don’t do because of fear of support and had so much fun last night in them.

Did you experience any change in the feel of the Lightstrike (less as time went on or more of it as it broke some more)? I love Lightstrike so far, not Boost but it’s thick so it does exactly what I need it to do in the forefoot.

The Lightstrike feels a little more bouncy and less squishy overtime. Still feels good - just a little different.

That sounds like what I was expecting. Lightstrike is the weirdest cushioning I have experienced in a while, in that you don’t get the feedback of Boost but (at least for me) I feel less sore and fatigued after wearing the 4s.

And the lightstrike stiiiiinks. Literally. :lol:

Yea it’s interesting how there are people who love it and just as many people that don’t. From the feeling I can understand why many wouldn’t because it’s thinner and doesn’t have that marshmallow feedback that most are accustomed to.

To be fair, I only hooped in them for 2 hours, along with some casual wear and lifting-gym wear. They’ve actually become more comfy the more I’ve worn them to wear I’m just gonna send the Vol 3s back to adidas.

Adidas's sizes dried up pretty fast but if you missed Finishline has nearly all sizes in stock for 75-85 on a few cws. 5OFF75RMN for $5 off 75 too.

Yea it’s interesting how there are people who love it and just as many people that don’t. From the feeling I can understand why many wouldn’t because it’s thinner and doesn’t have that marshmallow feedback that most are accustomed to.

To be fair, I only hooped in them for 2 hours, along with some casual wear and lifting-gym wear. They’ve actually become more comfy the more I’ve worn them to wear I’m just gonna send the Vol 3s back to adidas.

No literally, as in the foam SMELLS. It's like a mixture of a tire shop and burnt hair. :rofl:

I find the lightstrike on the Dame 6 to be very comfy. Harden 4 is a little thin up front.

No literally, as in the foam SMELLS. It's like a mixture of a tire shop and burnt hair. :rofl:

I find the lightstrike on the Dame 6 to be very comfy. Harden 4 is a little thin up front.

OHHH LOL missed that one. That’s funny, I don’t think I’ve smelled that with my pair before (I have the barbershop). Yea the forefoot is low to the ground but I still find it thicker than the Vol 3 (unless it gets lower after break-in).

Back
Top Bottom