THE OFFICIAL ADIDAS THREAD OF JAMES HARDEN - VOLUME 8 IN LOS ANGELES (CLIPPERS)

Should Vol. 2 have a new thread or keep it here?

• Here

Votes: 56 73.7%
  • New

Votes: 20 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Is the toebox width more like the vol 1 or 2? The vol 1 was my best fitting shoe and I ended up selling everything else.

these are on adc but only 14.5 loaded lol. Also, 30% off code SINGLEMOON
Harden_Vol__3_Shoes_Black_AQ0034_01_standard.jpg

I saw those up on ADC yesterday but with only the one size. Really nice colorway that I want to order but can’t with current, strange size run.

Also noticed the Drew league colorway is no longer available on ADC. That was a quick sellout. Wonder if it’s a real sellout. Glad I got a pair.

Last edited:
I just copped the black pair of centre214 BUT the coupon wasn’t reflected when I paid. I sent and email and I’ll try calling tomorrow morning. It was reflected in the subtotal tho. 106 shipped.

Gonna start a petition for adidas to stop making Hardens so damn hard to lace. That band on the V3s is sooo annoying and some of the eyelets are flat, not round, so it's hard to feed the aglet through.

This is crazy, but I am actually going to have to go UP a half size for the Harden Vol 2 (maybe a even FULL size). The difficult part is wearing different socks; with thinner socks, the 9.5 works , with the perfect amount of space and tightness. With thicker cotton socks, my regular Nike 9.5 size is too tight where I end up getting turf toe and the elastic band makes my foot numb (especially in the right foot, the left foot is better but it is smaller in width and weaker due to me rolling it so many times). I have worn them around and played in them for probably 3 hours total and they feel about as broken in as they’re going to get.

Going to see if Dicks at a different store will let me try a size 10, otherwise I will have to ship them back to adidas and see what they can do. At least I can get a version with color now haha (don’t like all white shoes for basketball and I love the two tone look of the Vol 2.)

Got them in and they feel great. A little to tight for my liking, probably should of went up .5. I might try to take my size back and get a bigger size, I also don’t like the way the tongue on the black pair is white and the laces are Grey.

These feel just like the Kobe Vs from initial try on.

I'm really digging these! A very simple colorway but the blocking really makes them pop. Hoping to pick up for around $100 during the holiday sales.

upload_2018-11-16_16-31-33.png

Got them in and they feel great. A little to tight for my liking, probably should of went up .5. I might try to take my size back and get a bigger size, I also don’t like the way the tongue on the black pair is white and the laces are Grey.

How would you say they fit in relation to the Vol. 2's?

They do feel like the Vs but not as narrow.

I went half size down on mine and they fit great, length-wise.

I keep having to re-tighten my laces as the ankle area keeps becoming loose and it doesn't feel safe. This is after only a single wear though so maybe it's the ankle collar/heel cushioning packing out/shaping to my foot.

The white/blacks are growing on me. Might grab a pair at 30% off.
Do it, they feel great on feet. Worst case you can always send them back but 30% is gonna be as good as it gets for now until late Spring/early Summer.

This is crazy, but I am actually going to have to go UP a half size for the Harden Vol 2 (maybe a even FULL size). The difficult part is wearing different socks; with thinner socks, the 9.5 works , with the perfect amount of space and tightness. With thicker cotton socks, my regular Nike 9.5 size is too tight where I end up getting turf toe and the elastic band makes my foot numb (especially in the right foot, the left foot is better but it is smaller in width and weaker due to me rolling it so many times). I have worn them around and played in them for probably 3 hours total and they feel about as broken in as they’re going to get.

Going to see if Dicks at a different store will let me try a size 10, otherwise I will have to ship them back to adidas and see what they can do. At least I can get a version with color now haha (don’t like all white shoes for basketball and I love the two tone look of the Vol 2.)

I had the same issue with the Vol 2. They were just way too narrow for me. I tend to like a looser fit though now that I'm older.

Last edited:
Id say late winter. Post all star break?
Hmm, maybe. I mean if you don't mind waiting then hell yeah, wait on it and it'll eventually get close to Vol. 2 prices but if you wanna get your size in the color you want, 30% is a very good deal.

I had the same issue with the Vol 2. They were just way too narrow for me. I tend to like a looser fit though no that I'm older.

Good stuff, maybe that’s what it is...? I’ll be 32 next month and have played a lot of basketball. I think my feet are just getting tired, knees weaker, etc.

They ordered me a size 10 in the Ignite color way so we will see, hopefully these aren’t too big. I’m really banking on the fact that the lockdown (after broken in) from midfoot-back is fine, especially with the lacing system (the extra holes actually made a difference for me with heel lockdown). The extra toe space should be the right balance of comfort/security while also avoiding turf toe when making sudden stops and quick movements.

The only thing I am worried about now is the supposed worse traction of the grey colored outsoles

jrdatrackstar23 jrdatrackstar23

I think so. I turned 34 this passed September and I can't stand the idea of a painful break-in time anymore. I've been going a half size up or skipping shoes altogether. There are so many shoes releasing and older models that still work. Its a waste of time and money to stay with a shoe that doesn't work for you. I've been finding some of my old favorite balling shoes for <50 on ebay.

The Vol 2s were insanely tight for me, couldn't believe it. Even untighten them so much, I guess it was the tight inliner that chokes your foot, maybe I should have gone a half size up.

Back
Top Bottom