THE OFFICIAL ADIDAS THREAD OF JAMES HARDEN - VOLUME 8 IN LOS ANGELES (CLIPPERS)

Should Vol. 2 have a new thread or keep it here?

• Here

Votes: 56 73.7%
  • New

Votes: 20 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Anybody else think they look a little too similar to the pro boost low?

I could see that. Adidas often times utilizes and implement similar/same midsoles on their hoops lineups. It’s almost as if it’s like a blanket midsole, tweak a few things to the upper, rebrand it, and call it a different model. It’s truly disappointing and lacks innovation. Just my take with Adidas at times.

JS”

Last edited:
So they’re basically admitting Lightstrike isn’t enough on its own...

It makes sense, seeing James would wear a new pair every game dang near. I know NBA players often do that but something tells me he felt the Lightstrike bottom out every game. I wonder why they just don’t beef it up like in the Dame 6/7 because outside of durability it’s very comfortable. Even as thin as the Vol 4 was I still didn’t have soreness the next day after playing in them.

adidas pretty much given up on their bball lines?

1603893833796.jpeg

It's a good silhouette but the odd shaped pieces doesn't look good. Gonna have to be all the same colors with the upper to do it for me. And of course the fit and comfort gotta be on point.

Gave the 4s a go tonight and they just were not good. Traction was so horrible that it made me just not want to play at all, don’t remember them being this bad. I have the barbershop color way. Cushioning felt too thin up front as well. Just didn’t feel confident playing and didn’t feel like I couldn’t go hard at all

Definitely going with the Vol 2 and Vol 3, and it’ll be a toss up between which one I’m feeling more. Vol2 for cushioning and stability/lockdown, Vol 3 if the Vol 2 traction is bad (usually is at least playable). Vol 4 was event playable, I was shocked at how bad the grip was.

Gave the 4s a go tonight and they just were not good. Traction was so horrible that it made me just not want to play at all, don’t remember them being this bad. I have the barbershop color way. Cushioning felt too thin up front as well. Just didn’t feel confident playing and didn’t feel like I couldn’t go hard at all

Definitely going with the Vol 2 and Vol 3, and it’ll be a toss up between which one I’m feeling more. Vol2 for cushioning and stability/lockdown, Vol 3 if the Vol 2 traction is bad (usually is at least playable). Vol 4 was event playable, I was shocked at how bad the grip was.

was it the first time you tried playing in them? One of my pair of 4s had slick traction until I did good wipe with alcohol or acetone. Afterwards the traction was very good like my other pairs. Sometimes shoes get shipped with excessive mold release which makes the soles slippery.

The more I’ve played in the 4s, the less I like the Lightstrike setup. It’s not terrible - its just thinner and less bouncy than I want. I definitely like playing in 2s and 3s better.

was it the first time you tried playing in them? One of my pair of 4s had slick traction until I did good wipe with alcohol or acetone. Afterwards the traction was very good like my other pairs. Sometimes shoes get shipped with excessive mold release which makes the soles slippery.

The more I’ve played in the 4s, the less I like the Lightstrike setup. It’s not terrible - its just thinner and less bouncy than I want. I definitely like playing in 2s and 3s better.

Nope, had played in them for around a month or maybe more pre-COVID (can’t really remember). Got them on an adidas sale back in early 2020. Dust was just too much of an issue. I didn’t want to move from where I was because I didn’t want to fall, didn’t go for steals, didn’t drive hard (or at all), etc.

Have played in them many times before and maybe I just kind of overlooked it more because I was in more shape or something, but last night just brought it to light to the point where these will only be my trainers in the gym (weight lifting, treadmill running, etc). Hate it because they’re the most stable shoe ever but the Lightstrike is way too thin. The Vol 3 just has waaaaayyy too much heel slip and makes me feel dang near less confident than the 4.

The 2 has perfect cushioning, stability, and heel lockdown. Traction on the all blue Stepback color way is amazing (on any court). The white/grey concrete colorway I’m bringing back out I don’t really remember, but I do remember I didn’t feel unsafe in them so that’s enough for me.

There is a pair of the PG3 at my local Burlington Coat factory for 39.99 that I am gonna check out. My only fear about those is there is no outrigger and I absolutely need something to keep me safe. That was also a problem in the Vol 3 for me, the base wasn’t wide enough and didn’t have an outrigger like the 2.

so is similar to the boost insole that company sells ? I have one and don't like the feeling on my feet

Based on his comments in the video, the traction looks to be suspect. I hate this new pattern they’re using (these and the Vol 4) and wish they would just use the Vol 3 herringbone. The whole”data mapping” thing is done and they need to just put out a simple shoe that responds well and keeps up with you.

When are the Vol 5s releasing?

Looks like they have dropped in China, there are some reviews up already of them (no subtitles though unfortunately). The video above has comments from the guy and he says they’re not that good coming from the 4 and the 2.

Can we get a US release of the 5s already?!?

I’m seriously tempted to just buy another pair of 1s or 3s...

Back
Top Bottom