The Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Blk/Red "BANNED" Sept 3 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right now yes, but even after saturday local pairs haven't dropped below 350 in the LA area. the notion that these will SETTLE at 250-300 is a joke though. that's what he was saying
oh yeah i know that lol anyone thinking these will settle around that price are crazy 

Someone on here had a theory that I really liked: Nike/JB used a giant Jumpman to not only differentiate it from the fading swoosh but, more importantly, so that people watching NBA games live/on TV can see the logo on guys like Butler and Westbrook.

Yeah it makes sense, but JB has some the most popular shoes in the world. No need for them to overdo the Jumpman.

Right now yes, but even after saturday local pairs haven't dropped below 350 in the LA area. the notion that these will SETTLE at 250-300 is a joke though. that's what he was saying

You guys really don't think these will dip below $300 in the next couple of weeks when people start receiving their orders in? Right now there is close to 40 pairs of my size 10.5 on StockX as we speak.....after the influx of new orders comes and gets eaten up I think then when we will see the true price settle in. What do I know though.....

F this ish...just paid $600 for my two pairs locally.

dude I met told me there are no size 11 raffled at the HOH I put in for, all 4 pairs went to the F&F, smh...F this leg works too, i'm done.

You guys really don't think these will dip below $300 in the next couple of weeks when people start receiving their orders in? Right now there is close to 40 pairs of my size 10.5 on StockX as we speak.....after the influx of new orders comes and gets eaten up I think then when we will see the true price settle in. What do I know though.....

What I don't think you're realizing is a majority of these guys that scored online have their pairs sold already either with an invoice in a local group or on ebay. Dude's dont sit around waiting for their pairs to arrive in the mail anymore to sell them

I know people Shun this..... But there's this thing that happen today called SZN4 and Mr. West is dropping some ugly but much sought after 350's this month.

The Ye effect is real, and I wouldn't be surprised if some of these people Dump prices or trade Banned 1's w/ Cash on top for these 350v2's

Especially after the drop and the salt spreads and they pay resale

What I don't think you're realizing is a majority of these guys that scored online have their pairs sold already either with an invoice in a local group or on ebay. Dude's dont sit around waiting for their pairs to arrive in the mail anymore to sell them

That is a good point and I did take that into consideration somewhat.....so you think that quite a bit of the early orders have been sold out already?

I know people Shun this..... But there's this thing that happen today called SZN4 and Mr. West is dropping some ugly but much sought after 350's this month.

The Ye effect is real, and I wouldn't be surprised if some of these people Dump prices or trade Banned 1's w/ Cash on top for these 350v2's

Especially after the drop and the salt spreads and they pay resale

Honestly, I'd take any pair of 350s over a pair of Banneds and I would be wearing either pair... Banneds will always be a classic, timeless shoe but Yeezys are new and exciting while none of the new Jordan Brand models are anywhere near as good as I-XIV.

In most cases I would agree with you but I think the demand on these is just too high right now. Alot of people who wanted them not only missed out on their first pair but you have people who managed to cop 1-2 pairs at retail and STILL are willing to pay resell for an extra pair or two. People just really, really want a pair of Bred 1's and they're willing to throw money.

That's an understatement.

"Total Jordan U.S. retail shoe sales hit $3 billion last year with a market share of 64% in basketball compared to 29% for Nike-proper, 3.6% for Under Armour and 2.3% for Adidas per SportsOneSource."

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbad...-athlete-in-the-world-this-year/#520757e45044

To be fair, most of those sales from from apparel and shoes that no sneakerheads would touch. It's weird to think that NT actually focuses on a niche market.

Well, 1 thing is for certain, the 2016s used plastic on all the black portions other than the toe box. The 2013s used leather on the red portions and some on the black, maybe not as premium as the red portions of the Banned 1, but leather nonetheless. There was no reason to be disappointed if someone knows what leather feels like. Now the lows, and the 2009 dmps were horrid in terms of plastic used. Those were disappointments.

There is no plastic on these shoes, law requires list of materials and synthetic is no where on this. View media item 2158180

That is a good point and I did take that into consideration somewhat.....so you think that quite a bit of the early orders have been sold out already?

Yeah a lot forsure. Basically how it goes now is, a majority of the dudes that backdoor pairs in hand on/before RD move them locally and the online order/bot people screenshot and throw their pairs up on ebay/FB groups and have everything sold before they're even in hand. I'm in a FB group where there was a thread specifically for people who wanted to sell online orders via invoice and there were at least 100 pairs sold on there mainly by guys who run or paid for a bot service and wanted them sold before Saturday was even over. It's the same thing with every hyped release whether its Jordan or Yeezys and guys always say "I'll wait for online orders to come in so I can get a deal" but they'll be sitting there waiting for those online arrival price drops like

View media item 2158184

Yeezys are worth WAAAAY more than these Banneds though.
yeah..I know

Sell Yeezy, Buy Banned 1's = Makin' Money n Looking like Money 
nthat.gif

To be fair, most of those sales from from apparel and shoes that no sneakerheads would touch. It's weird to think that NT actually focuses on a niche market.

Those figures refer only to basketball shoes sales. Ironically, this was the sentence leading into that quoted piece, "The Jordan business is split almost evenly between the retro product and new releases."

Those figures refer only to basketball shoes sales. Ironically, this was the sentence leading into that quoted piece, "The Jordan business is split almost evenly between the retro product and new releases."

The majority of retros are garbage though if you include Mid 1s/Fusions, etc. and Retro+ cws.. Those releases are largely ignored here on NT but move quite well at retail.

Paid for next day air. Shoes left Memphis yesterday and have been in that status for 24 hours. Delivery date is today and it's not even in my state yet. Haven't gotten a on truck for delivery update either. Getting very antsy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom