The Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Blk/Red "BANNED" Sept 3 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was the worst and most limited release up in Vancouver Canada this year

I had many Jordan connections back in the days but life has traveled me in a new direction, so to make a long story short...I had to obtain these shoes like regular folks :tongue:

There were only 4 pairs of size 13 in all of Greater Vancouver Area and all were snatched up by our local resellers and now being flipped at crazy prices.
(Try 215 retail but currently @ 500 CDN shipped due to our lame dollar smh)

This Jordan release meant the most to me as I had the OG 85 back in high school that my Mom did without to buy me, so of course I ended up putting more emotional value onto these then I should have.

Glad you guys copped your pairs, but for old heads like me....we came up empty up north.

If anyone can point me to a LEGIT pair of 13/13.5 at a fair price consider it being "paying it forward"

Enjoy people, but for whats it worth. This pair meant the world to me and had me go out and establish relationships in Brand Jordan all over again lol.

peace...baby j

Jordan does sz 13 so dirty :smh: I can't complain too much since this is the first release I missed out on this yr, and they already did everybody else dirty, so I already knew 13 was gonna be impossible

Damn ups shipping hasn't moved for two days from shoepalace order ... Anybody else in same boat ? Received tracking number but hasn't moved since then

Well the guy i was talking to is in the UK. However all footsites FTL, FTA, CHAMPS, EASTBAY all had 13.5. :rofl:

got my pair last night along with the 31's. I called Eastbay earlier and they still have the automated message saying they will not do phone orders or check stock on new releases. lmao

It will come back if it shipped. That was just authorization. Regular charge will come soon.

i hope so. the shoes are just sitting in mather california. better not see them going back to eastbay. >:

I wanted to reread on the history of this Air Jordan 1 sneaker and type my thoughts.
View media item 2158929

What a marketing plan by Nike. These black/red Nike air ships were supposedly the real "banned" shoe in 1984. The 2011 technically shouldn't have been made with the whole banned moniker

If the air ships were the shoe that was banned, then Nike decided to make a better looking version of this called the Air Jordan 1 in 1985, not 1984. Some shoe worn by jordan in 84 was banned, but the jordan 1 came out 85

The air ships look basic compared to the "higher end" jordan 1 model. Like a corolla vs a lexus lfa. Therefore the air ships probably wouldnt have had that appeal and success the jordan 1 had (eventually, probably sat on shelves at 1st)

Nike is surely brillant with their advertising campaigns. Had I not known about the air ships, I would have assumed the Jordan 1 was really banned. Excellent sneaker though.

View media item 2159001

YOURE THE FIRST ONE TO EVER BRING THIS UP, THANKS FOR THE CUTTING EDGE POST

YOUD BE ONTO SOMETHING EXCEPT...

HAVE YOU EVER SEEN BRED 1s IN AN NBA GAME? NO? WHAT MUST THAT MEAN THEN? 

CAN WE FINALLY END ALL THE CORNBALL DETECTIVE WORK ON THIS?

Calm down and ease up on your sarcastic tone. Dont need to make a troll out of yourself
never said i was researching or investigating anything. Just writing down what i was thinking.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn ups shipping hasn't moved for two days from shoepalace order ... Anybody else in same boat ? Received tracking number but hasn't moved since then

My pair from Nike has shipped but hasn't updated in 2 days I'm expecting them tommorow but I was hoping they'd get bumped up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom