The Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Blk/Red "BANNED" Sept 3 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
JJ pair came in MINT! Got me feeling like Iron Man!

Last edited by a moderator:
For those that got their Banned 1s through the SNKRS Draw, mine just touched down. While I love my '13 pair, these are definitely softer for sure, and not as stiff. Glad I was fortunate to get a pair. Now I just need the Royals next year, and I'll have all the 1s I actually need. View media item 2160617

for those that have both 2013 and 2016, is it worth it to chase down a 2016 pair for resell if you already have the 2013? The pictures seem to be a huge difference but what about in person, in hand? 

Love SBB why cop the orange ones if the original have the orange Halloween vibe already

Will hunt for trade bait. More royals please

eh...seriously doubt the Yeezy (or Skateboard P NMD drop) will effect the resell game on these. For the need to undercut your profit margin on these you would have to assume the next retro is not that far around the corner....and while JB is definetly in taxSZN with the 2013 turnaround time don't see these coming through for another 5-7 years. 1s are like bonds you hold on to them you don't cash them in early for the latest tech public offering. Flippers are getting off Nylon 12s, NMD wools, et al....for Yeezys. 

I spoke on dudes who flip just because who want to make fast money not established resellers (a lot of those in NY). When u need the cash back by the Yeezy drop or the next hot release ull undercut the 350 and up price point and still make money. Nylon 12s should sit so that doesn't really seem like anyone will flip those. The nmd market is something I don't watch.

The way raffles are going these days reg dudes
will want 1 pair win 5 buy all 5 because they know it can sell and flip em before the credit card statement comes

My older brother just came up on a pair of 2013 for $180 
embarassed.gif

I have the 2001, 2011 and the 2016s and the 2011 are cool and all but imho they don't touch the 2016 when it comes to that OG feel and shape.  Materials on the 2011 are defiantly nice but theres just too much going on with all the X X X X signs in the interior and the big one plastered on the back.  

Adds to the myth that became a legend.

I have the 2001, 2011 and the 2016s and the 2011 are cool and all but imho they don't touch the 2016 when it comes to that OG feel and shape.  Materials on the 2011 are defiantly nice but theres just too much going on with all the X X X X signs in the interior and the big one plastered on the back.  

Agreed, and it being a mid and not a high.

Last edited:
for those that have both 2013 and 2016, is it worth it to chase down a 2016 pair for resell if you already have the 2013? The pictures seem to be a huge difference but what about in person, in hand? 
I was in the same boat a while ago, but ultimately decided that I needed these '16s. Now that I have both, I'd say, it's worth it. They're both nice of course, but the '16 pair is definitely softer, seems higher quality in terms of the leather used on them in comparison (both the tumbled red and the black sections), though not an OG detail, I like the tumbled portions, and I love the details and callbacks to the original '85 pair.

Nike oversaturated the market with I's in 1985. They were eventually liquidated for less than $20/pair. Stocking up on those and clearanced vintage Star Wars toys would've paid off huge!
Truth. My pair is from a JCPenney employee from 1985. The box has multiple price stickers. $64.99 > Reduced to $39.99 > Reduced to $19.99. He told me with his employee discount he paid around $13.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom