The Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Blk/Red "BANNED" Sept 3 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
couldn't be any cornier than the final product. And focus on the design not the crappy leather because it's obvious they wouldn't release with that leather

You can't be serious. A subtle red X on the back is worse than those above? Cm'on fam.

And aren't you the dude who doesn't even know what tumbled leather is? I can't take your opinions seriously.

Quite honestly before the dopey mashed up color nicknames, the black/reds were considered "banneds". Its where the name for the gimmick shoe came from. Not sure why anyone would consider them redoing a shoe that was a one-off. If these blk/rds come out exactly like the 85, im in for 2 and my 13s are out the door quick. Same if they do Royals. Im not in these for the gimmick, i want the legit real retro.

I actually like em. :lol:

Not to say I want those to release but hey if they release I would cop. Perfect beaters.

maxresdefault.jpg

I actually like em. :lol:

Not to say I want those to release but hey if they release I would cop. Perfect beaters.

maxresdefault.jpg

Humorously enough, when we first learned of the Banned release, I actually intended to hold off on the red X pair because I preferred these and thought they would see a commercial release after that outlet drop :lol: :smh:

I always say that I never regret having the self-control to not buy these for like $200 right after they released, but if I could smack my 17 year-old self upside the head for that opinion, I would.

Hopefully we all flourish on this upcoming release.

Last edited:
Humorously enough, when we first learned of the Banned release, I actually intended to hold off on the red X pair because I preferred these and thought they would see a commercial release after that outlet drop
laugh.gif
mean.gif

I always say that I never regret having the self-control to not buy these for like $200 right after they released, but if I could smack my 17 year-old self upside the head for that opinion, I would.

laugh.gif
. Yeah they definitely aren't as bad as some are making it out to be IMO. 

Too much self control > being too impulsive 

Indeed though. For these and the WC IVs. 

Last edited:
You can't be serious. A subtle red X on the back is worse than those above? Cm'on fam.

And aren't you the dude who doesn't even know what tumbled leather is? I can't take your opinions seriously.
whoa there buddy, I know exactly what tumbled leather is. Forgive me for not having a thesaurus on me 24-7. And yes, the black X on flat leather looks WAYYY better to me than the version that actually came out. The red x on red leather was pointless. Plus all those ridiculous x's on the collar of the release version looks tacky af to me.

I never endorsed that cardboard leather either.

And you used some key words, "opinion". If I said it, I meant it to reflect my opinion. I don't really care if you agree :rofl:

Last edited:
Humorously enough, when we first learned of the Banned release, I actually intended to hold off on the red X pair because I preferred these and thought they would see a commercial release after that outlet drop :lol: :smh:

:lol: . Yeah they definitely aren't as bad as some are making it out to be IMO. 

Too much self control > being too impulsive 

Indeed though. For these and the WC IVs. 

I'm saying. I did the same with the Blk/Golds when CitySole dropped em for 220 a week before release. I decided to wait it out, then of course the entire West Coast didn't even see a release. Not even mad, cuz theres always another shoe.

JB did a good move to scrap the entire Banned 1 rerelease. Those samples were a joke. In for this remastered pair. Def expecting an X on the heel, change to the remastered 1 mold, possibly lace tip details, extra laces, and a special box. I just hope they don't do too much.

I kick myself, because I didn't want to pay above $200 for them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom