The Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Blk/Red "BANNED" Sept 3 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welp looks like I am going hard 
Please tell me where I said Adidas products were trash?

Don't act like scarcity has never been a driver of demand for retros-if it wasn't Nike would produce every model in Aqua 8 quantities. Limited and semi-limited cw runs help retain the aspirational aspect of the brand, otherwise Nike would just throw every retro model on Nike ID.
Didn't say you said they were trash I am saying the fact that are GREAT products is why adidas has rebounded in the last year.  And I know Nike plays the hype game but they can play the hype game and sell a ton of pairs of certain shoes and Bred's are one them.  I am speaking to the fact that making the bred 1's limited will not help them sell more 31's. 

This might be first time i seen vampire xtc not get crazy Reps for his good info

People not trying to hear that truth right now :lol:

Last edited:
The holiday 11s are a GR if not a 'super' GR. Big volumes for that release. These banned 1s as you said are not a GR. These are limited.

My point of mentioning holiday 11's is the fact how how a person will bring their entire ancestry to do raffles for them making it a headache

And we don't implement these kinda procedures on that but did on this

This might be first time i seen vampire xtc not got crazy Reps for his good info

People not trying hear that truth right now
laugh.gif
I repped him and thanked him, I'm not religious but @vampire xtc   and @citricacidcycle  are doing God's work in this thread for people.

Welp looks like I am going hard 
Didn't say you said they were trash I am saying the fact that are GREAT products is why adidas has rebounded in the last year.  And I know Nike plays the hype game but they can play the hype game and sell a ton of pairs of certain shoes and Bred's are one them.  I am speaking to the fact that making the bred 1's limited will not help them sell more 31's. 

Yes it would help them sell other models-not exclusively the XXX1s but it would help them retain the brand's aspirational status. Do you really think people who strike out on these Breds would not buy other Jordan products instead? In fact, Jordan Brand releasing gym red mids alongside the OG Bred 1 in 2013 that essentially looked like a poor mans Bred 1.

Like I said the entire point of limited/semi-limited runs is to bring hype and attention to the brand, otherwise these would be a massive GR with more than enough pairs to go around and eventually go on discount.

Last edited:
I can agree with most of this

The 29 actually did sell well for the most part it was a great shoe

The issue for many was the price point being high

Adidas has great product with the NMD and ultraboosts no question

But also what helps is adidas is not pricing out the consumer

Nike has been wanting to cash in on the resell market dollars so they raised prices across their entire brand

Which has blown up in their face massively as the past 2 years have you ever seen so much Nike/Jordan shoes hit sale racks and outlets for super markdowns?

Where adidas with NMD starting at $120 is far more appealing price point to the consumer

Even now Nike has the roshe 2 coming at like 120-130 and I'm like really?

A large part of the roshe appeal was that low price point

Hell KD went up in price and newest model they lowered it and it's helpe
Nike needs to lower prices on their shoes because the sheer bulk of shoes getting marked down has been a company high like I've never seen in my lifetime till recent
I agree with this and the 29's were actually a decent shoe with pretty good cw's but they weren't runaway hit.  I do agree that making NMD's budget friendly helps but UB's are 180 and 200 for collabs so I wouldn't call them cheap.  But Nike does need to lower prices if they are not going design aesthetically pleasing shoes with great tech.  The prices would be less of a problem if they gave you a shoe you felt was worth the money,

Case in point the KD9 is $150 and I would have no problem paying the KD8 price for them.  

The holiday 11s are a GR if not a 'super' GR. Big volumes for that release. These banned 1s as you said are not a GR. These are limited.

I've always wondered if they could sell multiple 11 GRs in a year successfully and retain those same sales numbers.

I think the 11s are really helped by the Holiday/Christmas timeframe and the fact that JB only does one release a year for the 3/4 (mid) 11s.

Yes it would help them sell other models-not exclusively the XXX1s but it would help them retain the brand's aspirational status. Do you really think people who strike out on these Breds would not buy other Jordan products instead? In fact, Jordan Brand releasing gym red mids alongside the OG Bred 1 in 2013 that essentially looked like a poor mans Bred 1.

Like I said the entire point of limited/semi-limited runs is to bring hype and attention to the brand, otherwise these would be a massive GR with more than enough pairs to go around and eventually go on discount.
NO way these go on discount I don't care what you say.  It is not going to happen and this aspirational status stuff is malarkey they are JORDAN's!  Aqua 8's is a horrible example that is a "niche" jordan.  3's 4's 11's and 12's don't really sit and if they do they def don't make it to discount 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom