The Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Blk/Red "BANNED" Sept 3 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
PEOPLE USING THE FTL, FNL, SP, CHAMPS, JJ, AND WHATEVER LAUNCH LOCATOR for drop info

-DON'T TRUST IT -

CALL YOUR LOCAL STORES OR BETTER, GO IN THE STORE!

I agree with this and the 29's were actually a decent shoe with pretty good cw's but they weren't runaway hit.  I do agree that making NMD's budget friendly helps but UB's are 180 and 200 for collabs so I wouldn't call them cheap.  But Nike does need to lower prices if they are not going design aesthetically pleasing shoes with great tech.  The prices would be less of a problem if they gave you a shoe you felt was worth the money,

Case in point the KD9 is $150 and I would have no problem paying the KD8 price for them.  

Nike has been lowering prices across the board (on performance basketball shoes) due to underperforming sales. The Lebron 13 Elite, KD 9, Air Jordan XXX1 and the Lebron 14 all had MSRP lowered from previous models, for example. On the other hand, retro sales have been growing (and typically have higher profit margins) so no price cuts have occurred yet.

the shoe stores in my city are getting similar numbers as when these released in 2013. the exact same numbers. idk how it is in other cities but that's how it is here.

Quality is nice but the tumbled leather is unnecessary on em and they fugazi'd the red

Don't forget there's more shoes coming out and you'll be ok if you miss
Plus in a couple years you'll have the chance to (not) get them again. 
tongue.gif

I gave numbers on these in here like 2 weeks ago and it's been long buried pages back

But...

This fantasy of this shoe being a GR is easily one of the funniest things I keep hearing and being told by people online lol

Even the largest volume stores in the country do not have a ton of these where there's enough to go around

For example there are stores in NYC and NJ that legit have for example like 2 size 8's and that's only if neither of those get held for staff lol

So imagine the people signing up for a size 8 that realistically may not even be available to the public lol

Of course ya not suppose to even know this but it's whatever

The headache of this release around the office has lead to us forcing special procedures on raffle stores to uphold integrity

And we have fired some employees literally today who got caught attempting to guarantee pairs to customers for "an extra 150-200" mostly new hires but still

All raffles stores have been informed to pull winning tickets on Wednesday tickets will be pulled with multiple witnesses not from the very same store

Calls are suppose to be done also on Wednesday to get it over with

And unclaimed pairs will be re raffled from initial entries.

This is not done on a GR

Hell this is not done on holiday 11's lol and that's always a mad house

The fact is there are like less then 10 stores in the country for footlocker family of stores that have even 100 pairs

Also the GS sizes are far more limited then the men's pairs by a mile

Like a store with 56 men's pairs has like 12 GS if any at all

The holiday 11s are a GR if not a 'super' GR. Big volumes for that release. These banned 1s as you said are not a GR. These are limited.
My point of mentioning holiday 11's is the fact how how a person will bring their entire ancestry to do raffles for them making it a headache

And we don't implement these kinda procedures on that but did on this

Not sure if you're referencing one store with this release? If so, most stores don't follow that format. Most dialed in I've seen is show an ID, get a raffle ticket. So people can bring their family tree in.

This might be first time i seen vampire xtc not get crazy Reps for his good info

People not trying to hear that truth right now :lol:

Lol I spoke on this 2 weeks ago

Those who seen it had weeks to plan accordingly but this topic moved so fast people missed it

It wasn't till I was in the gold 11 topic people asked me for numbers about this shoe and I was like already gave it but this thread is a mess lol

Then I decided to peek in here again and the misinformation was just crazy I felt a need to set realistic expectations for some lol

So yes people not a GR by no means if you need GS sizing it's going to be a bigger struggle as a lot of kids footlockers won't even get these

Expect a heavy sodium level in here come Saturday

I gave numbers on these in here like 2 weeks ago and it's been long buried pages back

But...

This fantasy of this shoe being a GR is easily one of the funniest things I keep hearing and being told by people online lol

Even the largest volume stores in the country do not have a ton of these where there's enough to go around

For example there are stores in NYC and NJ that legit have for example like 2 size 8's and that's only if neither of those get held for staff lol

So imagine the people signing up for a size 8 that realistically may not even be available to the public lol

Of course ya not suppose to even know this but it's whatever

The headache of this release around the office has lead to us forcing special procedures on raffle stores to uphold integrity

And we have fired some employees literally today who got caught attempting to guarantee pairs to customers for "an extra 150-200" mostly new hires but still

All raffles stores have been informed to pull winning tickets on Wednesday tickets will be pulled with multiple witnesses not from the very same store

Calls are suppose to be done also on Wednesday to get it over with

And unclaimed pairs will be re raffled from initial entries.

This is not done on a GR

Hell this is not done on holiday 11's lol and that's always a mad house

The fact is there are like less then 10 stores in the country for footlocker family of stores that have even 100 pairs

Also the GS sizes are far more limited then the men's pairs by a mile

Like a store with 56 men's pairs has like 12 GS if any at all
Thanks for the info. A lot of important detail are missing. You mention some stores in NY and NJ. What part of the state? What stores? FTL, FNL, NT or mom/pop joints? Someone mentioned F23 store in Chicago as having near hundreds of pairs. Also, hard to say GR or nah based on numbers per store I think. The maps show almost double the number of spots of previous OG1 releases. Even if there are few per store. Total number I think will come out higher. I can understand the flood of raffles. That might mean hard to cop, but might mean nothing for the resale if most people are doing raffles are just resellers who couldn't care less about the shoes. They are going to try to unload them at the end of the day so it will depend on how many genuine buyers there are which is a pretty limited world when it comes to 1s. 
Wow........so who are you? and what do you do?
I would like to know as well.
I can agree with most of this

The 29 actually did sell well for the most part it was a great shoe

The issue for many was the price point being high

Adidas has great product with the NMD and ultraboosts no question

But also what helps is adidas is not pricing out the consumer

Nike has been wanting to cash in on the resell market dollars so they raised prices across their entire brand

Which has blown up in their face massively as the past 2 years have you ever seen so much Nike/Jordan shoes hit sale racks and outlets for super markdowns?

Where adidas with NMD starting at $120 is far more appealing price point to the consumer

Even now Nike has the roshe 2 coming at like 120-130 and I'm like really?

A large part of the roshe appeal was that low price point

Hell KD went up in price and newest model they lowered it and it's helped

Nike needs to lower prices on their shoes because the sheer bulk of shoes getting marked down has been a company high like I've never seen in my lifetime till recent
Nike has been upping the price and producing more. Sure, some releases sit, but JB has seen climbing sales and profit for a while now. In the past the numbers were smaller and the prices were lower. They have come a long way and they aren't going back. Nike is doing the best they can to maintain hype, but squeeze out resellers. Best way to do that isn't to lower the price. To keep producing high numbers and changing the design closer to OG to keep people coming back. Also, as far as shoes sitting. Lets be honest up until year of the 7 the releases have done fairly well. I predict next year and after would have still been slow because those aren't most loved Js anyways. I am not a fan of JB increasing prices, but what can you do. There is only one JB and one MJ. I am quite happy that adidas is stealing shine away and that'll put Nike on its toes and try to compete harder. Just keep the production numbers up so at least we don't have to give fat fat profits to leaches on ebay. Thats mutually beneficial to us and Nike. 

Last edited:
A lot of same qoutes being repeated :nerd:

Can we use the mention option?

Last edited:
I've always wondered if they could sell multiple 11 GRs in a year successfully and retain those same sales numbers.

I think the 11s are really helped by the Holiday/Christmas timeframe and the fact that JB only does one release a year for the 3/4 (mid) 11s.

I'm sure at some point we'll see two mid cut 11s released in a calendar year. They do right by keeping it the halo model and rebooting the hype each holiday season.

NO way these go on discount I don't care what you say.  It is not going to happen and this aspirational status stuff is malarkey they are JORDAN's!  Aqua 8's is a horrible example that is a "niche" jordan.  3's 4's 11's and 12's don't really sit and if they do they def don't make it to discount 

You should check the outlet threads more-literally all of those models (albeit mostly in retro+ cws) aside from the 11s have hit discount (I know because I've bought pairs of these on discount). Why do you think that happened? Because they simply produced more than they could sell at full retail-this would happen with ANY Jordan model but it would take probably 1 million+ pairs of OG Breds for this to ever happen.

Nike could easily make a million pairs of these Breds-why do you think they don't?

thread is moving at light speed, good information will be overlooked 
nerd.gif

Last edited:
Two malls by me that absolutely do raffles for everything even close to hyped or limited at the request of mall security are doing FCFS for these. If these are really limited it's going to be interesting there.

I'm sure at some point we'll see two mid cut 11s released in a calendar year. They do right by keeping it the halo model and rebooting the hype each holiday season.

Technically it happened in 2014 with the GOF pack but those Pantone 11s were semi-limited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom