The Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Blk/Red "BANNED" Sept 3 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people are content with making $100 profit sure you can hold onto a shoe and make more money down the road. Finding that buyer will be far and few between.
Correct.

I hit on two raffles, and am letting one pair go for $300 later today. 

My initial asking price was $325, but cash money is cash money... 

I feel bad capitalizing off the next man, but at the same time, it helps keep the costs attached to copping down. 

Plus, there are no guarantees anyone is dropping $400 + on these down the line. 

Lord knows it'd be tough to find a buyer. 

Last edited:
I hope you put badly damaged box in the description
Shoes: 10/10

Box: 9.7/10

Facebook Seller ratings 
laugh.gif

Yes, but the reference is in regard to the Chinese New Year Ultra Boost, not currency. Casper didn't know at the time of the release what the CNY stood for.  People simply referred to them as CNYs. The irony is that he's Chinese.
Lol. I took an L yesterday trying to cop, and I'm taking one today for being a know-it-all. no complaints.
Yes, I really didn't know.

But I'm very Americanized. Growing up, i did not respect/appreciate the Chinese culture like I should have, being that half of me was white. You could say i was ashamed.

A damn shame, to be honest. Even my wife, who's full Chinese, is as non-Chinese as you can get. We grew up in Santa Monica so we didn't know how to be Chinese. Our kids don't even know they are Chinese. We don't participate in the Chinese culture like we should. Should have seen the faces of my kids the first time i took them to China town. They were stunned.

I thought CNY was Central New York though! No lie
Bro, going to China was one of the best times of my life. I was in Guangdong. It helped me change for the better. it's never too late for you to immerse yourself. but not Hong kong. it's quite different.

Jesus ******* Christ dude put everything in a spoiler. Hella scrolling [emoji]128517[/emoji]:smh:

I agree with you on your last 2 posts. If Nike really wanted to get these out to the people that actually want them, IMO batch release/restock like they did the LB 11's, 72-10 11's, and WC 4's for example. It will kill at least some resell and Nike will still get their money from over producing. 

They have the exact same shoe coming out in less then 6months

If they did that, it would kill that release!

Lol. I took an L yesterday trying to cop, and I'm taking one today for being a know-it-all. no complaints.
Bro, going to China was one of the best times of my life. I was in Guangdong. It helped me change for the better. it's never too late for you to immerse yourself. but not Hong kong. it's quite different.

I agree. Its never too late. Someone said that to me on our last trip to China town, and it really made me think. I need to teach these boys about their culture.

And I'm technically Taiwanese. My Mom would smack me if I said Chinese.

Haven't been since 1991, and i know its changed completely

Check your local stand alone stores. Wife just copped from City Gear.
I would have some hope of this happening here but LA just seems too big for this kind of thing to happen. But if anyone knows a local spot somewhere in LA that has a 10 let me know please. 

Last edited:

Blows my mind because here in SF Chinese-Americans, even mixed, know how to be Chinese 
The city of SF is basically chinese though. Way bigger chinese culture. I initially grew up in La Puente, moved to somewhere in DTLA for 6 months, then to Santa Monica when i was like 9.

It really is about your family upbringing. Most of my chinese family was overseas, and Mom was too busy trying to provide, so we celebrated CNY, but it wasn't extravagant. Got the red envelopes but didn't care for the meaning. Just wanted the cash.

Kid being a kid who now regrets not appreciating it more.
Truth in all of that. My gramps and pops were "FOB"; owned a Chinese restaurant with family and all that. Sadly, the only Chinese I know is how to say money and a few bad words. Like you, knew about the red envelopes and a few other things, but that's about the extent of it. I didn't live with my father, so I'd stay with my dad on the weekends and my mother pushed my dad to talk to me only in Chinese, but ... when you're younger you don't care. I only cared about G.I. Joe, Thundercats, and Voltron. As I got older it was sports and shoes. A lot of people can't even tell I'm mixed. I get everything from Hispanic to Hawaiian to the occasional they think I'm only white. Hindsight is always 20/20. Missed opportunities FTL. 

Hey, everyone. Been a long time lurker here on Niketalk, but finally signed up today. I guess these shoes brought me back into buying sneakers after a long hiatus lol.

Anyways, I just wanted to know if anyone got pairs that the red was darker than other pairs? Was lucky enough to win 3 pairs, but 1 out of the 3 the red was, I would say, a shade darker [emoji]128533[/emoji]

Left pair is darker than right, even the outsole is darker [emoji]128566[/emoji]

View media item 2154843

Yeah I actually did a compare contrast post in the other thread. I had a darker red pair from niketown aND a lighter red pair from finishline. Its pretty cool I kniw both are as legit as they come. Do you have any pairs with a thin tongue vs a thick tongue?

I'd like to see more draws and then re-draws at stores and online. But the catch is your Nike account can only win once per spot. I'm tired of trusting stores because they backdoor and online fcfs bots win.

casper90403 casper90403 :rofl: yeah fam I was really fortunate to cop. Struck out on 20+ raffles but was lucky on RD. There was a fraud alert on my girls card and the authorization was accidentally denied. Then had to call back and had to reverse the denial to authorize. Eventually got shipping confirmation so I think I'm good :lol:

Saw that you copped at Shiekh thanks to the wifey? They always come through for us. :nthat:

Last edited:
I'd like to see more draws and then re-draws at stores and online. But the catch is your Nike account can only win once per spot. I'm tired of trusting stores because they backdoor and online fcfs bots win.

Facts

@j o 19

Just confirmed what they seemed to be before the release: a Bred 1 with SBB quality. Black part the same like SBB, red part the same as the orange of the SBB.

I am fine with that. :smokin

Thank you. Enjoyed your post.

Last edited:
Truth in all of that. My gramps and pops were "FOB"; owned a Chinese restaurant with family and all that. Sadly, the only Chinese I know is how to say money and a few bad words. Like you, knew about the red envelopes and a few other things, but that's about the extent of it. I didn't live with my father, so I'd stay with my dad on the weekends and my mother pushed my dad to talk to me only in Chinese, but ... when you're younger you don't care. I only cared about G.I. Joe, Thundercats, and Voltron. As I got older it was sports and shoes. A lot of people can't even tell I'm mixed. I get everything from Hispanic to Hawaiian to the occasional they think I'm only white. Hindsight is always 20/20. Missed opportunities FTL. 

Bruh, I had to go buy a new wedding ring yesterday because i lost mine at the Rams game and i was explaining to the Asian jeweler that i still knew the bad words!

GI Joe, Voltron, and what a G-Force? What you know about G-Force?

I certainly did. I listed in the "new, with defects/imperfections" section.
Cool because goat is really picky
Even if I mentioned "box badly damaged" in the notes?
They should have shown pics of the box in your listing. Currently, the only pics of shoes/boxes provided by GOAT are those that are damaged or used. Look at some of the more popular listings, specifically for damaged ones and you'll see them listed.

They need to put the are you human check this box features on all the foot sites or the type the security code feature

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom