The Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Blk/Red "BANNED" Sept 3 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the dudes copping 3/4 pairs for the head, I'm very curious to learn how you plan to wear them all... 

My 2013s have been worn at least 60 times and look damn good. I can easily get another ten years out of them, easily. 

So, I'm just wondering how you dudes plan to wear all these kicks? 

These black red 1's are amazing. Quality is A1 like many have said. My onlyyyyyy gripe with these is the length of the swoosh being shorter than the OG's, but other than that, next to space jams they are probably the cop of the year.

For the dudes copping 3/4 pairs for the head, I'm very curious to learn how you plan to wear them all... 

My 2013s have been worn at least 60 times and look damn good. I can easily get another ten years out of them, easily. 

Some they going to sell

On another person's feet while they count their money.

casper90403 casper90403 :rofl: yeah fam I was really fortunate to cop. Struck out on 20+ raffles but was lucky on RD. There was a fraud alert on my girls card and the authorization was accidentally denied. Then had to call back and had to reverse the denial to authorize. Eventually got shipping confirmation so I think I'm good :lol:

Saw that you copped at Shiekh thanks to the wifey? They always come through for us. :nthat:

man, I know you were stressed having to deal with that authorization yesterday!! Don't wish that on anyone.

Pure luck yesterday. I literally was on Windy City's site, contemplating getting .5 up size 11, and literally 10 minutes later, my wife told me she got an email! I literally did this exact dance

View media item 2155110
then @Edshoecator got me nervous about the spot i was picking up from, and i realized it was in a shady neighborhood. I cased the joint before pulling in the parking lot. Had the kids in the car, engine running just in case. Overreaction at its finest.

Truth in all of that. My gramps and pops were "FOB"; owned a Chinese restaurant with family and all that. Sadly, the only Chinese I know is how to say money and a few bad words. Like you, knew about the red envelopes and a few other things, but that's about the extent of it. I didn't live with my father, so I'd stay with my dad on the weekends and my mother pushed my dad to talk to me only in Chinese, but ... when you're younger you don't care. I only cared about G.I. Joe, Thundercats, and Voltron. As I got older it was sports and shoes. A lot of people can't even tell I'm mixed. I get everything from Hispanic to Hawaiian to the occasional they think I'm only white. Hindsight is always 20/20. Missed opportunities FTL. 
Bruh, I had to go buy a new wedding ring yesterday because i lost mine at the Rams game and i was explaining to the Asian jeweler that i still knew the bad words!

GI Joe, Voltron, and what a G-Force? What you know about G-Force?
Sadly, I know nothing about G-Force 
ohwell.gif
.  And btw, that's the Lion Voltron, not the lame car one. 
happy.gif

This could have been us. Head cook at the fam's restaurant, working everyday of the year. Holidays? What are those lol

I don't clean my shoes, I open a new Box!

Kicks always crispy.

Don't know what ppl expect. The basic shoe is not gonna change. Suede, other materials. The sbb was the 1st to drop so they could/did change aspects. The leather was better/softer on these imo, just like the closing ceremony 11s uppers are a step up Imo.

nobody is going to wear them all. Its just for collection. And value won't depreciate. When you look at it, some of these shoes have better return than real investments! Not that i;m buying to sell, but eventually, you do end up selling the shoe because you realize you'll never get to wearing them. I sold two '13 pairs on FC for just over $700 maybe 6 months ago, and just kept the pair I'm wearing.

I think 1's are the only shoe i care about owning multiples (not including UB's) and I knew i would never wear them all. All of my 1's could pass as VNDS. I get to wear Jordans maybe once every 2 weeks.

Don't know what ppl expect. The basic shoe is not gonna change. Suede, other materials. The sbb was the 1st to drop so they could/did change aspects. The leather was better/softer on these imo, just like the closing ceremony 11s uppers are a step up Imo.
nah Frags and Laser 1's were the first 1's to get soft leather. 

Damn, struck out literally everywhere on size 11. No hidden spots here in Los Angeles that I can find. Super sad atm

fahqu001 fahqu001 I went through the listings and all just show the standard angles of the shoes. There isn't an option to add additional pictures of the imperfections.

casper90403 casper90403 Overreaction maybe but definitely justified. I would do the same. We both know how crazy it can get living here in LA lol. Really glad you got your pair though and that Sheikh didn't pull a fast one

Last edited:
Sadly, I know nothing about G-Force :\ .  And btw, that's the Lion Voltron, not the lame car one. :D

This could have been us. Head cook at the fam's restaurant, working everyday of the year. Holidays? What are those lol

View media item 1425162

bro, i don't know the car voltron! That doesn't exist. Lion voltron all the way. I still watch that cartoon. I remember when the die-cast toy came out. You couldnt tell me there was a better toy than that at the time. Probably my favorite gift, besides my kids, of all time.

@casper90403
roll.gif
yeah fam I was really fortunate to cop. Struck out on 20+ raffles but was lucky on RD. There was a fraud alert on my girls card and the authorization was accidentally denied. Then had to call back and had to reverse the denial to authorize. Eventually got shipping confirmation so I think I'm good
laugh.gif

Saw that you copped at Shiekh thanks to the wifey? They always come through for us.
nthat.gif
man, I know you were stressed having to deal with that authorization yesterday!! Don't wish that on anyone.

Pure luck yesterday. I literally was on Windy City's site, contemplating getting .5 up size 11, and literally 10 minutes later, my wife told me she got an email! I literally did this exact dance

then @Edshoecator got me nervous about the spot i was picking up from, and i realized it was in a shady neighborhood. I cased the joint before pulling in the parking lot. Had the kids in the car, engine running just in case. Overreaction at its finest.
Well, during the Bred 11 release in Houston, I did the same at PlazAmericas aka Sharpstown Mall, Paul Wall's neck of the woods and his jeweler Johnny Dang aka King of Bling lol. That and Greenspoint Mall aka Gunspoint. That said, I never had a bad experience, but I don't want to be naive either. Do my business and go. 

Sharpstown:

Gunspoint:

Last edited:
I got a friend wanted to swap me his baby yzys for these. 
roll.gif

What the f*** am I gonna do with baby shoes? Luckily he knew I only had 1 pair and he didn't pressure me too much to committing a ridiculous trade. Man, even if I had 100 pairs of these, I would not trade for some baby shoe.

I really dunno, y'know. Most women I find stink to high heaven. They wake up everyday knowing that everyone will still oagle them and be friendly etc if they're half decent looking, so I'm not sure they get a shower everyday. I don't think they even bother. also had 2 or 3 awful 1 night stand experiences after nights out I wont go into. their personal hygiene is really lacking from my experience. I worked with this Eastern European girl 3 years ago, hot as sh*t, easily 9/10, but she always stank in the morning and you'd get used to it by the afternoon & notice it less. I think it must have been her hair, her sweaty unwashed greasy head or something. not sure about people here but I get a shower everyday, and when I've stayed at ppls houses so does all the men there before work/uni etc, whereas birds just get dressed put makeup/perfume on and leave the house [emoji]128533[/emoji]

View media item 2153181
but we have all been there at one time though. You just seem to have too many of these occasions!

nah Frags and Laser 1's were the first 1's to get soft leather. 
I'm saying that for breds they are trying to stay close to the original. Frags, sbb they have more license to do whatever. They are basically retro+ so they are coming up with a new concept instead of remaking an original. I didn't expect these to come fully tumbled or with suede or anything too crazily different from the originals that's all I'm saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom