The Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Blk/Red "BANNED" Sept 3 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem with SBB Leather is that it will easily tear up later on - leather absorbs water instead of repelling it 

why didnt they used a real buttery leather, sold my sbb because of that, you cannot clean the white part and the orange part because it sips in water 

mean.gif

I'm pretty sure SBB's were intended to be displayed and not worn when they were coming up with the concept. I wouldn't touch that leather with anything. Leave them be.

Why would they go up when people are going to buy the 2016 versions

Same reason why all B/reds go up. Right now 1s have somewhat cooled a bit on hype. 2013-15 joints were ridiculous. When these drop people will take notice, many will strike out, and getting the previous retros will be the resort. Some would try to flex and cop Banneds, some would digress and pick up the cheapest being DMPs, many will pay resell. All in all hype increases, as does prices on all of em.

Seen it plenty of times for other shoes as well.

I'm pretty sure SBB's were intended to be displayed and not worn when they were coming up with the concept. I wouldn't touch that leather with anything. Leave them be.

The sbbs are defintely meant to be worn. People put too much value into the leather. They are just sneakers. I wear mine all the time. I don't clean any part but the sole. If the orange or sail get wet it just dries it up naturally. I admit, the leather is nice but it's not that serious.

Sidenote: People seriously need to stop putting sneakers on such a pedestal.

Last edited:
The sbbs are defintely meant to be worn. People put too much value into the leather. They are just sneakers. I wear mine all the time. I don't clean any part but the sole. If the orange or sail get wet it just dries it up naturally. I admit, the leather is nice but it's not that serious.

Sidenote: People seriously need to stop putting sneakers on such a pedestal.
This

Yeah my goal now is to grab a pair of 85 bred and royal. Im to the point i cant even remember my og royals anymore. Such awesome skate shoes. The soles were so grippy. Im probably gonna put up a pair of 13s for one if they come along. For the money, ill take an og over a banned any day.

Last edited:
If the leather is anything close to the SBB's, I will need to see some comparison pics and vids :pimp:

Last edited:
If the leather is anything close to the SBB's, I will need to see some comparison pics and vids
pimp.gif
From the photos we seen it looks like the black portion of these is the same as the other remastered 1s (excluding the Black, Starfish, and Sail 1s). 

Yeah, those recent pics look promising, just like to see the official pics to know for sure what we are getting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom