The Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Blk/Red "BANNED" Sept 3 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imma try to trade my 2nd pair for some SBBs..SBBs are worth more? 

Yes and only going up

I don't even care for my SBB and at this point IMO, I would NOT trade them for Breds even if I didn't have the 2016 pair

Quality all around, special colorway, I would say they won't retro for a very long time but it's JB so...

Exactly, leather that doesn't have some sort of tumble is unnatural. Look at your skin for reference. [emoji]128514[/emoji]

You're right. I'm talking about that deeply tumbled SBB, Banned, DTRT level damn near pebbled tumbled leather. Again, not that it's bad just leave it off the Royals. And Shadows.

Last edited:
Exactly, leather that doesn't have some sort of tumble is unnatural. Look at your skin for reference. [emoji]128514[/emoji]
Exactly what I was thinking. So I'm not crazy! 
laugh.gif

Maybe these were tumbled to be "special" and recreate something like the past (jordan 1 black red 85)meets the future (jordan xxxi). Though the og was smooth leather, this 2016 with the tumbled leather was maybe made to look "vintage" especially the way tumbled leather can look after being worn.

Also its marketing to help sell the 31, but nike probably really knew everyone wanted the ones only just like when that class of 97 pack came out people wanted the white pearl foams only

Last edited by a moderator:
It was, they know the original is smooth leather. They switched it up as something vintage.

Hopefully they don't release Breds for a long while honestly

Tumbled would be sick on Royals. Dont listen to these spandex wearing hipsters....

while were at it lets use black tumbled leather on the space jams instead of patent leather

and white patent leather on the true blue 3's

Last edited:
Honestly I'll take whatever they give us :lol:
I guess tumbled would be nice since we just got the breds in tumbled

these arent technically black red 1 they are the banned 1's from 2011 with og branding thus the tumbled leather

royals never had a banned version..........................until next year

Immediately after I made payment, there was a shipping reference number for Bpost on the confirmation screen. However, when I track it on the Bpost international site it still shows "Pending."

I'm pretty sure my order is cancelled because the total amount paid on my order confirmation screen has now been changed to $0.00

What sucks is that I checked my credit card account and they charged me for it. I better get my refund asap.

What's going on with your order?

They definitely charged me. I haven't got any emails regarding shipping or anything. I don't remember seeing a shipping reference number on bpost nor is it in my order confirmation emails. I'll have to check and see what's up?

Black/Red 1s are not tumbled. "Banneds" are, though smh.

I'm not mad though. I like my "Banneds" but hope they give the Royals the true OG treatment when they release next year.

i dont think nike has it in them to drop some 1's with full grain leather unless they charge 190 next year

these arent technically black red 1 they are the banned 1's from 2011 with og branding thus the tumbled leather

royals never had a banned version..........................until next year
This.

Exactly what I mentioned a while back :wink:

Last edited:

Immediately after I made payment, there was a shipping reference number for Bpost on the confirmation screen. However, when I track it on the Bpost international site it still shows "Pending."

I'm pretty sure my order is cancelled because the total amount paid on my order confirmation screen has now been changed to $0.00

What sucks is that I checked my credit card account and they charged me for it. I better get my refund asap.

What's going on with your order?
They definitely charged me. I haven't got any emails regarding shipping or anything. I don't remember seeing a shipping reference number on bpost nor is it in my order confirmation emails. I'll have to check and see what's up?
Did you receive an email confirming your order? If you did, you're probably in good shape because I never received any emails from them confirming my order. The only order confirmation I received was immediately after I made my payment on the website, the order confirmation screen popped up with my order number and shipping reference number.

Finally got all of my tracking numbers on my online pairs. Was awaiting approval for like 2 days lol. Will arrive end of this week or early next week.

as long as it not deep tumbled on the swoosh. that accidental tumbled leatheron the white blacks would be cool :lol:

Did you receive an email confirming your order? If you did, you're probably in good shape because I never received any emails from them confirming my order. The only order confirmation I received was immediately after I made my payment on the website, the order confirmation screen popped up with my order number and shipping reference number.

Yeah I got the order confirmation emails but nothing since then.

UA pairs are really really really bridging the gap between with authentic pairs. Heres what you need to look out for...

- Lace bags are not big anymore. On the 2013-14 pairs have the bags have 5 ridge line near the opening. On remastered pairs theres only 4 lines. The UA pairs will be using the old 5 line ridged bags.

- The boxes are better. no more thick cut ribbed cardboard. The brown is lighter and the box, and the placement of the Nike sign and Swoosh text under the box lid isn't in the right place.

- The wings logo TM is slightly higher, and the wings itself is more satin glossed rather than high glossed.

- The texture is not as soft to the touch.

- Box label is exact to the naked eye, however the fonts will be thicker in some areas. Compare to other remastered AJ1 boxes.

- The registered R is back on the Nike Air tongues. The R shouldnt be perfect. It's hard to expalin this without pics however. I'll show that later.

- Paper should be accurate with all AJ1 releases and not thin as tissue. That goes for any retro.

...stay woke
Just bumping this post. Maybe @AirSakuragi can post it on the first page if homie is ok with it. With all the resale talk and fugazi pairs harder than ever. Gonna need this info plenty. I always wonder how good are the Legit Checkers at GOAT and StockX. At this stage buying on GOAT I would still be careful. I have seen fake_education page, but the comparison he sometimes puts up are with dead *** fakes that can be spotted from a mile sometimes. 

Last edited:
We were at the park on Monday BBQ'ing with the fam and my cousin's homie was rocking the Banned X shirt with his new kicks so I told my nephew to grab his remote control helicopter and try to land it on his shirt. It didn't work cuz he kept trying to run away, but we sure got a laugh out of it.

Yeah I got the order confirmation emails but nothing since then.
I think you're in good shape. You will probably receive your pair. You can also go on their website and try to send them a message to provide order status.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom