The Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Blk/Red "BANNED" Sept 3 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
these arent technically black red 1 they are the banned 1's from 2011 with og branding thus the tumbled leather

royals never had a banned version..........................until next year
I don't know why but I just got what u said about the banged 1s :lol: thanks makes slot of sense as well

To a lot of people, and I feel JB knows this, the tumbled or grain appearance in leather means more luxurious or higher quality. We as shoe people aren't necessarily fooled by this, but JB knows the average joe doesn't know this. So they could easily slap that on the Royal's, and the the bloggers, Youtubers, "taste makers," celebs, and others will drool all over them and tell the masses about how high quality they are, and the hype they will already inevitably have, will be amplified. I just pray that while I know it's a highly sought after shoe, the fact that it's not as iconic as the Black/Red 1's will make it at least a little easier to get for all that want it. I got the recent Banned's, but no one wants that much damn pandemonium.

How much are you guys paying after market on these? Lowest I can get somebody to go is 280 for sz 8.5. Should I do it? Will they go higher or lower from here out? Normally would not pay resale but I will flip my 2013 pair to justify it lol

Last edited:
while were at it lets use black tumbled leather on the space jams instead of patent leather

and white patent leather on the true blue 3's
LOL! Thankfully these have already finished production. Tumbled Royals ain't impossible, but would be unusual. I think JB will skip out on them. They just had to cash in on the BANNED craze.

They could do smooth leather BREDs again next year. Be honest. Who ain't kopping?

Last edited:
One in the hand is worth two in the bush..... @victorious

Last edited by a moderator:

How much are you guys paying after market on these? Lowest I can get somebody to go is 280. Should I do it? Will they go higher or lower from here out? Normally would not pay resale but I will flip my 2013 pair to justify it lol
Based on what other people are paying and my interactions with sellers, I would definitely pull the trigger at 280.

Just bumping this post. Maybe @AirSakuragi
can post it on the first page if homie is ok with it. With all the resale talk and fugazi pairs harder than ever. Gonna need this info plenty. I always wonder how good are the Legit Checkers at GOAT and StockX. At this stage buying on GOAT I would still be careful. I have seen fake_education page, but the comparison he sometimes puts up are with dead *** fakes that can be spotted from a mile sometimes. 
In regards to fake_education, I feel with lower profile releases, he has possibly compared 2 legit pairs, and just pointed out mass production differences, as if every single JB pair will be identical clones of each other. As with every release, there will be consistent details that legit and fakes will have that differentiate the two apart.

How much are you guys paying after market on these? Lowest I can get somebody to go is 280. Should I do it? Will they go higher or lower from here out? Normally would not pay resale but I will flip my 2013 pair to justify it lol
You should buy it at that price. 

Tumbled, smooth, rough, ashy. I don't care, I'm in for some Royals.

Best colorway imo.
At the end of the day, ^ this. Though I'll pass on the ashy leather. 
laugh.gif

Based on what other people are paying and my interactions with sellers, I would definitely pull the trigger at 280.
I'd go with that $280. I just paid $300 for my 2nd pair couldn't get anyone to budge off that price in my local FB groups and my size 10.5 was drying up fast locally.

To a lot of people, and I feel JB knows this, the tumbled or grain appearance in leather means more luxurious or higher quality. We as shoe people aren't necessarily fooled by this, but JB knows the average joe doesn't know this. So they could easily slap that on the Royal's, and the the bloggers, Youtubers, "taste makers," celebs, and others will drool all over them and tell the masses about how high quality they are, and the hype they will already inevitably have, will be amplified. I just pray that while I know it's a highly sought after shoe, the fact that it's not as iconic as the Black/Red 1's will make it at least a little easier to get for all that want it. I got the recent Banned's, but no one wants that much damn pandemonium.
have you seen resell on them , they will be just as hard to get a hold of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom