The Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Blk/Red "BANNED" Sept 3 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any insight on how early people will be lining up at FCFS stores like the Grove, etc etc? A whole day? Hours? Trying to map out my morning/day to get in line if I don't hit on a raffle.
For this type of release, you should fall in line a good 10 hours prior to (at the very least) when the store is scheduled to open if you want to make sure you're among the first 50 in line.

I remember when the 2009 Space Jams dropped, there was a TON of hype because it was the first AJ11 release that started the trend of 11's being released every year during Christmas. Plus it was the first time Jams had released since 2000. Three different stores in the same mall planned a 12am, 3am, and 6am drop respectively.

To give some perspective, I got to the mall to fall in line at around 4pm and I was probably the 50th person in line. This was back in the day when raffle procedures were nonexistent and every crazy Jordan release was FCFS. By the time midnight hit, there were over 600 people in the parking lot, all dispersed in three separate lines.

Man I appreciate that. Full disclosure though, I'm not active duty, I'm with Department of Defense and working with the Army out here in the desert.
All good bro, you still helping our men and women out there and plus your life is at risk probably everyday just being an American in that part of the world. The offer remains on the table if you want, just PM me your size.

Last edited:
That means a lot to me. Repped. Lots of good dudes out here serving and a certified sneaker enthusiasts like me.

Those who are in the military or work for the Dept of Defense (active duty or not) should automatically receive a guaranteed pair from any footwear retailer, online or in-store, hands down no questions asked. The military discount they receive is simply not enough.

All good bro, you still helping our men and women out there and plus your life is at risk probably everyday just being an American in that part of the world. The offer remains on the table if you want, just PM me your size.

Thank you.

For this type of release, you should fall in line a good 10 hours prior to (at the very least) when the store is scheduled to open if you want to make sure you're among the first 50 in line.

I remember when the 2009 Space Jams dropped, there was a TON of hype because it was the first AJ11 release that started the trend of 11's being released every year during Christmas. Plus it was the first time Jams had released since 2000. Three different stores in the same mall planned a 12am, 3am, and 6am drop respectively.

To give some perspective, I got to the mall to fall in line at around 4pm and I was probably the 50th person in line. This was back in the day when raffle procedures were nonexistent and every crazy Jordan release was FCFS. By the time midnight hit, there were over 600 people in the parking lot, all dispersed in three separate lines.

Sounds like I need to set up camp the evening prior to the release. Mind you this would be my first time camping [emoji]128530[/emoji].

Those who are in the military or work for the Dept of Defense (active duty or not) should automatically receive a guaranteed pair from any footwear retailer, online or in-store, hands down no questions asked. The military discount they receive is simply not enough.
Repped! Wish other people had your mindset, not just in reference to sneakers either.

Man, and I thought I actually put in a decent amount of work getting my 6 raffle tickets from FL, FNL, and HOH, and then online entries for shiekh, and peeps are getting 20, 30, and 40+. But not knocking anyone's hustle. Good luck to everyone though. Hopefully the majority of us eat.

"Dear cripple shoe gods. The one's who charge my chair's batteries at night, and make sure I don't get any flats in thine streets, please bless your child with 1 winning raffle ticket. So that they can never grace the floor I'll never walk on, and for years to come, people can continue to ask the stupid question of 'how do you keep your shoes so clean.'"

Wasn't it heard that these were gonna be a massive general release? Wonder why SNKRS would do a draw if that's the case, only to do a restock a week or two later...

Wasn't it heard that these were gonna be a massive general release? Wonder why SNKRS would do a draw if that's the case, only to do a restock a week or two later...
It's been mix opinions/statements on whether or not these are a mass GR or if it's just a mass quantity of stores getting limited quantities of the sneakers...this is what I'm gathering from speed reading through the thread.

I only did like 3-4 instore raffles. 3 at HoH stores. The others didn't even get that many in, didn't bother to go to the foot locker that got in 22 pairs or so. After employees are done. Only 12 to the public probably.

Mostly did shiekh. All within a 40 mile radius. Will of course try Snkrs and stores that did online raffles.

That means a lot to me. Repped. Lots of good dudes out here serving and a certified sneaker enthusiasts like me.
Any time fam. I have the utmost respect for those who have served our country. There are members of my family who were in Vietnam, and my grandfather was in WWII. Good friends of mine have been all over the world while protecting those of us at home. I can't say enough how much you all mean to our country, the greatest on planet earth.

In fact, one of my boys who is stationed out in Camp Pendleton in the San Diego area, is a big sneakerhead along with some of his military brothers. Every time a release comes up and he can't cop or if he is looking for a retro that has long been sold out, I go sneaker hunting for him on my free time and I just charge him retail box price, no tax. He always tries to force me take more cash by trying to slip me an extra $40 but I always decline. I just tell him to get me some In N Out Burger lol.

i see where you come from brah,,first and foremost we appreciate your service and the kind of job you chose to do in life,,,you have a good point as far as prioritize the members of our Armed Forces active,reservist and Retired for a guaranteed pair for a HYPED jordan release like this.Nike are doing their best to manufacture enough amount of shoes to satisfy every JordanHeads to own a pair,,RESELLERS are killing the shoegame period.

Any insight on how early people will be lining up at FCFS stores like the Grove, etc etc? A whole day? Hours? Trying to map out my morning/day to get in line if I don't hit on a raffle.
Are you talking about camping at the Nike at the Grove? If so they announced today it will be a raffle not FCFS

Repped! Wish other people had your mindset, not just in reference to sneakers either.
I'm sure a lot of other people have the same mindset. You guys put your lives at risk every day for the safety of us clowns on the mainland, and not enough can be said about your bravery and courage. Forget the Michael Jordans and Kanye Wests of the world. Those in the armed forces are the real heroes of this world.

Sounds like I need to set up camp the evening prior to the release. Mind you this would be my first time camping [emoji]128530[/emoji].
That's a good idea and strongly recommended. Especially if you're in L.A., the Grove, mid-Wilshire district, etc.

You're gonna have a blast if it's your first time. Funnest part is choppin' it up with all kinds of sneakerheads, from all backgrounds and ages.

Make sure to come strapped. J/K
laugh.gif

Good luck on the 3rd. Hope you cop! And take a photo of the line and post it on NT!

got the 3rd off was thinking about camping at the grove too

since they closed NTLA feel like grove is gonna be stupid crackin

Are you talking about camping at the Nike at the Grove? If so they announced today it will be a raffle not FCFS

Wait so if that's the case then I'd have to go tomorrow to the grove and grab a ticket? Seems logical if they JUST announced it today. If not, I'll see y'all in line. Enjoying some of Americas finest cup of coffee to stay awake...

NT Santa Monica felt like being ***** yesterday and just told me to keep an eye on Instagram or FB. So I mentioned SNKRS and finally got a nod.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom